Ladies I need prayers for guidance & wisdom... ***Updated, 10/19***

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 18th, 2010, 06:22 PM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
in regards to this IF journey. I just feel that lately the Lord may be leading me down a path that I never thought I would go down. I'll explain more later but until then please pray for guidance & wisdom for me & especially DH that we do God's will in this situation, despite our fears. And that He provide the finances (which He has ALWAYS been so good to us in this dept), whatever His will is.

Update (what's going on/what you're praying for -- sorry it's so long ):
Okay, here's what is confusing me slightly lately. I KNOW I can get pg with the Lord's help. He has shown me that. I got pg last year on 100 mg Clomid but then we had a m/c (& again I have seen the Lord's hand in this & know that He was using this tragic event for His glory). Okay so after the m/c, 100 mg Clomid didn't work & 150 mg didn't even work (my progesterone actually went down on the higher dose of Clomid). I then went to the RE who tested my progesterone to "just see" & I ovulated on my own! I then go on to Follistim, which is a stronger drug than Clomid, & it didn't work. We upped the Follistim & again, it didn't work. I KNOW I can get pg with His help so what is it that He wants me to do. Do we quit medical assistance & wait, do we continue on. I was praying that night after my follow-up from the 2nd cycle (note that AT the appt we decided that the lap would be the next step followed by the max dose of meds then my only options after that, if it didn't work, would be IVF, which in my mind was NOT an option). Soooooo, that night as I laid in bed praying, an IVF option popped in my head that I just can't get rid of now... using donated embryos. I almost want to just quit what I'm doing & go that route but money is probably one of the biggest hindrances at this point.

So I bring it up to DH & I get some static (which I understand whole-heartedly) b/c of the cost (even though it is cheap compared to regular IVF, we are living on one income & though cheap it is still a lot of money considering the kind of income we are on now (which I quit my job b/c I thought it was God's will to quit & homeschool my 14 year old & prepare for the baby I know He has promised)). Of course embryo donation is a lot cheaper than adoption should we ever have to consider that & there are also so many other advantages for us in our situation that I can think of. And you just don't really know how much it is going to cost when the Lord gets involved if it is His will. I know that if it is His will He will provide a way & the means & resources to do it.

Anyway, since that thought popped up I actually saw on FB a few videos posted by Resolve on guess what... embryo donation. That's when I asked God if He was trying to tell me something. Well, like I said earlier, now I can't quit thinking about it & almost want to abandon the thought of a biological child for this option. I also found an embryo donation blog the other night (& wasn't even really looking for one but found one anyway) that has a lot of GREAT info on it but I guess right now the hurdle is just God telling both of us clearly WHAT His will is & then if this is His will the finances to do it. We both only want His will & I'm not sure that Mike knows His will. I'm not even sure that Mike has heard clearly that God has promised us a child like I believe He has. I just don't know what to do now... move forward with the lap & stronger meds (b/c if this isn't His will & embryo donation is then we are wasting money) or what.

Why can't it just be easier sometimes.

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!

Last edited by ~InHisHands~; October 19th, 2010 at 05:24 PM.
October 18th, 2010, 10:36 PM
DawnN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
(((Amanda))) You know you are in my prayers. Believing the Lord to guide you by His peace.

October 19th, 2010, 08:10 AM
NewportMamaBear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to NewportMamaBear
Praying for you Amanda.
October 19th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Veteran
I'm praying Amanda. If you need to talk, I'm here.

October 19th, 2010, 05:24 PM
bump for update (1st post)

Rick Warren

October 20th, 2010, 07:27 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Praying for guidance for both of you!

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

October 21st, 2010, 09:12 AM
DawnN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With the Clomid, I found that I had to be on a lower dosage. They started me at 100 mg and my estrogen went through the floor. They explained that was because Clomid is an estrogen inhibitor. I also found out that your post-o progesterone can be relative to your pre-o estrogen levels. If the estrogen was low, the progesterone can be low after ovulation.

So, they lowered my dose of Clomid to 50 mg. and Benjamin was conceived that month (I took the clomid cd 3-7). I did still have to be on progesterone supplementation because my normal levels are low and I have a luteal phase defect.

But that's just a thought. I don't know if your doctors had shared that with you or not.

October 22nd, 2010, 05:56 PM
Mattiez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
PM'd you.

Mattiez
October 23rd, 2010, 11:33 AM
Kerstin's Avatar German American Love
I'm praying for you.

I think there are some Christian Adoption Agencies that do Embryo Adoption. I know from experience that God uses the Internet to talk to me.
Praise the Lord!

October 23rd, 2010, 08:27 PM
Mami's Avatar Christian Parent
Im praying that he will make the right decision for you!

Thank you JMC1988 for the beautiful siggy!

October 25th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Thank you all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattiez View Post
PM'd you.

Mattiez
I did get it & I'll respond to it soon. I need to catch up with everything since I took a few days off of JM to fast & pray over this.

Rick Warren

October 25th, 2010, 05:41 PM
Mattiez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No response needed, if you don't want to.
Mattiez
October 28th, 2010, 12:54 PM
Kerstin's Avatar German American Love
I'm still praying for you Amanda.
Praise the Lord!

November 8th, 2010, 01:17 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Oh Amanda

I am praying for you sweetie. You truly deserve your miracle.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search