re-intro and prayer request

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 23rd, 2010, 10:04 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Hello ladies. I used to be here tons . Then after our second loss I have just struggled with my faith. I am working through it as I know its not his "fault" that we lost another child however I am angry and unsure where to focus that anger. I am a work in progress . Anyway, I am Jessi (31) married to Chris (32), together we have 2 earth children Linda (5) and Jeremy (4) and two angels CJ grew wings Feb 09 and Rose grew wings Feb 10.
I have learned that God doesn't always "talk" to me, probably because I don't listen very good. Sometimes he more has to yell at me. The last couple weeks he has been nudging me back to church and out of my darkness. So last week I went to church and it was hard but it was good at the same time. Well Monday I was at work talking to some friends and Team in Training came up. A coworkers wife does it and said its a great thing she loved the chance to help others. So I looked into it and decided to go to a meeting. I didn't expect to sign up since none of the marathons looked like something I really wanted to do. But the Triathlon in Hawaii seemed appealing. DH and I looked before I left for the meeting and decided it was to soon and I shouldn't do it. Well all the way to the meeting I kept thinking about it and asking God to help me, guide me. Well I went to the meeting and was talking with the people and ended up signing up for the Triathlon. DH and I both believe that HE is guiding me to this decision since its out of my comfort zone. It gives me a new direction for my life. I thought for sure I was meant to have another child. At least for the time He is telling me that I am meant to help others through this endeavor. I find that when I start to worry a calm comes to me and I just know everything is going to work out from the training to the fundraising.

If you ladies could please pray that I can remain injury free through my training and finish my race that would be greatly appreciated. I could also use some prayers that I will make my fundraising goal and find the means to pay for my equipment I need for the race. I have to buy a bike, clothes, accessories. I am holding strong and looking to him for guidance but figure a few prayers can't hurt .
I am going to try to be around here more, to help me in my struggles with faith. Although with my hectic schedule it might only be once a week or so. I know I need to work on praying each night and reading my bible more. All things that will help.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

October 24th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Mattiez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi JessP I remember you. Good to see you around. I am sorry to hear about your loss. I pray that God will be with you as you work through all of it.

Now on to the triathlon, and rock Hawaii. I think that is fantastic. How far is each of the Run, Bike and Swim and when is it?

DH is running a marathon next weekend and I am running an 8K. I have run a 1/2 marathon, but that is tops for me. I think the biking would wipe me out.

Keep us updated on how your training is going.

Mattiez
October 24th, 2010, 09:03 PM
Its considered an olympic distance. So the swim is .93 miles, the bike is 24.8 miles and the run is 6.2 miles. So its not to bad . I hope to do a 1/2 marathon this summer but we shall see how it goes. I think the Susan G. Komen is in the fall and would love to try for that one as well. I have many on my list of races to do at least once . That is great you and your DH run. I think mine is feeling a little more motivated since I am starting this training.

October 25th, 2010, 12:15 PM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad you have come back around! And WOW... a triathlon! I will def say a prayer for you...

WB!!!

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
October 25th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Thanks Amanda. I do stalk you a little . You are always in my prayers.

October 26th, 2010, 08:58 AM
Those are good distances for the tri-athalon. So is your DH going to be going out to HI with you as a vacation? It is a lot of money and time to get there and back. You might as well have some play time added into it.

Just some money things to start thinking about. A ticket will most likely cost around 800-$1200 (from the east coast). Flying your bike out will be around $150 over-sized baggage, if it accompanies you ( a lot more if it doesn't). Then hotel costs, food and car.

Keep running and keep us posted.
mattiez
October 27th, 2010, 07:41 PM
Yes DH is going with me but we only have to pay for his plane ticket and his hotel and our food. Team in Training pays for my hotel, plane and bike to go to Hawaii. We are making it a mini 10 year honeymoon and leaving the kids with my BIL (who is also their God parent). We are in Seattle area so hopefully we can get an ok deal on plane tickets. Thanks for the heads up. We are trying to figure out how much to start saving for that stuff.

Did my first pretraining run Tuesday and swim today and they felt great.

October 28th, 2010, 06:46 AM
Mami's Avatar Christian Parent
Wow, thats great that you can do it! i will pray for you and to have the strength to do it all.

Thank you JMC1988 for the beautiful siggy!

October 28th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Team in Training pays for my hotel, plane and bike to go to Hawaii.

WOW, where do I sign up.
Mattiez
October 29th, 2010, 09:04 PM
You should have a local chapter.

I actually found out tonight that Hodgkins Lymphoma is what my grandfather had. He died due to complications from it in 1981. I am excited to now be running my race in honor of my grandfather. I am taking this as just another sign that I am on the path I am meant to travel. I am letting the Lord lead me and trying my best to be a good follower.

November 21st, 2010, 03:04 AM
How's the training going Jess???

Rick Warren

November 21st, 2010, 08:15 AM
Really good. I can't run for 4 weeks since my shin splints are terrible. I am in physical therapy 2x a week for the next 4 weeks. But I should be better when I get done. I am swimming and biking though and just keep on going . Thanks for asking.

January 9th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Haven't asked in a while... how's it going??? Are you back in training once again???

Rick Warren

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search