Sunday Sharing, 10/31

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 1st, 2010, 12:23 AM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What did you learn in church yesterday??? Did you teach a small group Bible study... what did you learn/discuss yesterday???

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
November 1st, 2010, 08:03 AM
DawnN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The message was about true spiritual worship and how that so many people leave service out of their worship. Several times throughout the Word, when there are examples of worship and the presence of God, you see how the first thing that happens is that they ask what they can do. (As in the cases of Isaiah and Paul).

Isaiah 6 was the main text. Isaiah saw the Lord high and lifted up. Two seraphim covered their faces (representing how we should come to God in reverence) and and two covered their feet (representing how we are to come to God with humbleness) and then two flew over the Lord crying "Holy, holy, holy..." they served and ministered to God.

Last edited by DawnN; November 1st, 2010 at 08:11 AM.
November 1st, 2010, 10:01 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Ours was about being good followers and listeners. It was Jeremiah 5:13-16. I really enjoyed it since this is something I am working on. I liked that they related it to today and how it can affect us today. It kind of brings it together for me. I am glad that I am attending church again.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

November 2nd, 2010, 02:43 PM
Mattiez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
In the womens bible study this morning we started in the book of Joel. Joel was telling the nation on Israel that bad things were going to happen.
Then we started talking about fasting and prayer and how we as a christian community have gotten away from the practice of fasting and prayer. Everyone agreed that it should be something that we strive to get back to. One of the ladies in the group said she was being lead to fast on Tuesday and pray for the upcoming elections. A lot of us joined her in the fasting and prayer.

I can't say I have ever fasted before so I started with fasting for 2 meals. Breakfast and Lunch. And believe it or not it is not as hard as I had imagined it would be. I thought cooking breakfast for the kids would be hard and I also had to go to the grocery store to pick up some things. But not so bad. I do need to work on devoting that time to pray. It was a little hard having both kids and hubby home But I guess I need to learn to do this one step at the time.
Mattiez
November 3rd, 2010, 07:13 AM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mattiez, how great for you...

I'm in the same boat w/ learning how to fast, I guess. I've fasted twice now. Both for 24 hours. The 1st time I just spent time with God. I didn't pray as much as I just "sat in His presence." The 2nd time was kinda bad timing. I had lots to do earlier that day which kept me busy but that night I spent a fair amount of time in prayer & found an awesome Bible study which I am about to share with the rest of you ladies on the board.

So my notes from Sunday...

Quote:
Exodus

The "wilderness" is a place of growth, a place of testing & stretching by God. Something BIG is about to happen & He's preparing you for it.

The Greek or Hebrew word (can't remember which) for "wilderness" is "milbar" which means a desert & literally means "driving you." It is a place of solitude; it is uncultivated & deprived of help of others.

We need to learn to run to God & rely on Him, not on our friends.

Worship is not about us.

3 Keys:

1. Celebrate God in the wilderness. Exodus 5:1
2. Serve God. Exodus 7:16
3. Sacrifice to God. Exodus 8:27

They said to Moses, “Was it because there were no graves in Egypt that you brought us to the desert to die? What have you done to us by bringing us out of Egypt? Didn’t we say to you in Egypt, ‘Leave us alone; let us serve the Egyptians’? It would have been better for us to serve the Egyptians than to die in the desert!” Moses answered the people, “Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.” ~ Exodus 14:11-14 (emphasis on what spoke to me most is mine )

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search