Brittainy (Orangebrittainy)

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2010, 12:04 PM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WB! I'm so glad to see you around again!!! What have you been up to? What kind of surgery did you have in Sept & goodness, gracious I'm glad you're okay (RE "What are you Thankful this year? To be alive. I was showing cardiac failure before my surgery in September").

Are you guys still TTC? I know right before your disappearance you had started but not sure what's been going on since.

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
November 10th, 2010, 12:25 PM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
Hey! I am glad to be back around. Most of my time has been simply recovering.

I was born with a minor Congenital Heart Defect. One of my heart valves did not work properly. In many cases, all that needs to be done is careful watching. In my case, I had blood backflowing through my defective valve. This caused my heart to have to pump harder. After years of this, my valve and heart was just tiring down, and my Aortic root was getting bigger. The surgery was to replace the valve and repair the enlarged root.

We wanted to TTC, but we wanted to get clearance first. My appt to remove my IUD was 3 hours after my heart check up . When I went we found out things were getting bad. My cardiologist decided it was time to refer me to a surgeon. I canceled my IUD removal as I left the office. When I went to see the Surgeon in August, further testing revealed that I was showing signs of Heart Failure. He told us to pick a date within the next 6 weeks. 2 weeks after that appointment I had surgery.

DH and I had a major decision to make. I had to choose between two different Valve types. The Tissue valve lasts about 10 years, and a Mechanical valve to last for life. There was a catch though. With a Mechanical valve, I would have to be on Coumadin, and therefore would be unable to have another baby. So yes, my choices were a second open heart surgery (with more risks than the first) or a baby. I prayed and talked to DH. I had sort of decided when I asked DH to be completely honest. He said he didn't like the risks of a second surgery. He would much rather Adopt a baby. It was the same decision I had been leaning toward.

So now we are starting to look into Adoption. I mourn the loss of the baby I don't have, but look forward to the day when I will have my second baby.

Thank you *Kiliki* for once again doing such amazing work on a siggie
I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. (Phil 4:13)

November 10th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Mami's Avatar Christian Parent
Wow, what a tough decision to make. I wish you the best in adopting and hope your family is complete soon.

Thank you JMC1988 for the beautiful siggy!

November 10th, 2010, 02:50 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Wow you have been through alot. So glad you are doing ok. Sorry you won't be able to have another baby but can see why you made the decision you did. Glad you are back.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

November 10th, 2010, 03:11 PM
Kerstin's Avatar German American Love
I'm wishing you all the best for your Adoption. My friend just adopted a child from Korea and he is such a sweetheart. <3 May God speed and your family will be complete soon.
Praise the Lord!

November 10th, 2010, 03:28 PM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've actually been looking at adoption some (very little) & a freind actually told me about a Focus on the Family adoption ministry that I looked at & if I ever adopt, this is where I thought I'd start... I Care About Orphans.

Anyway, just wanted to share in case you thought you could use it. GL & I'm sorry that you can't have a biological baby. I understand the pain & grief (I think since I feel it when I think I may never have another).

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search