Do you ever think...

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 16th, 2010, 06:53 AM
Mami's Avatar Christian Parent
you were born in the wrong era?

I say it over and over to myself that I wish I could go back to the old days where it was the pioneer life and everything was about farming and your faith wasn't really tested as much now. Seriously I want to go back to the "little house on the prairie". LOL

I know the only modern thing I would miss would be the computer but other than that, I don't think I would miss anything else. I would be glad that my kids would actually play outside instead of being lost all in this technology. Oh, DH will not have his dumb video games and he would have more faith than he does now. He is completely lost in God with all the technology. He skips church to play video games. He says he works to hard and to be stuck at church. So if we were stuck in the old days then there wouldn't be so much technology to prevent from going to church, lol. I would say are faith wouldn't be tested as much as now!

Sometimes, I secretly wish I was Amish because I could live that life now. I have never told this to DH because he would really say I am nuts. He already makes fun of me wanting a big farm and raising my livestock & harvesting my own vegetables. He is a completely opposite of me, he loves the big city and I hate it. But hey a girl can dream, lol.

Thank you JMC1988 for the beautiful siggy!

November 16th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Grace's Avatar Seven is Heaven
I sometimes wish that I could go back to a time where we didnt have all the drama we have now. Where women did the cooking and cleaning, had a bunch of kids and the men worked in the fields. A time where family and faith was the most important thing. I think being Amish would be very cool.
Im not much for big cities either, my dh is a country boy and sometimes a bit too country for me, I tell him hes from the sticks. But my ex husband was very much a city boy, and he liked the fast pace, not me. But dh and I would love to have a little farm, or atleast some land to have a few farm animals, I am a huge animal lover...and I really want a pony.

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012
November 16th, 2010, 08:36 PM
DawnN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hehe I've always felt that way. I know that it's probably a romantic notion because it was a lot of hard, exhausting work. But I bet it was so rewarding at night when they laid their head down on their pillows.

November 17th, 2010, 07:21 AM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've kinda felt that way some but I also am so very grateful that I live in a day & age where our medicine is so much better. That's my only beef with that day & age.

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
November 18th, 2010, 05:15 PM
Mattiez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am really glad I live in the present.
I like my warm showers, heated and cooled house, running water, computer, phone, car. Wouldn't want to do without them.

Oh, DH will not have his dumb video games and he would have more faith than he does now. He is completely lost in God with all the technology. He skips church to play video games. He says he works to hard and to be stuck at church. So if we were stuck in the old days then there wouldn't be so much technology to prevent from going to church, lol. I would say are faith wouldn't be tested as much as now!

To be honest if it is not a video game, then it would just be something else. Wives used to complain how there husbands were gone 24/7 off fishing, even working. It is not a condition of the age that we live in, it is a condition of the heart. The electronics are just a convenient excuse, used to fill up time and emptiness.

Maybe try talking with him and ask him if there is anything that you can do to help him out so that he won't feel so tired that he has to skip church. If nothing else it could be a reality check for him.
Hugs
Mattiez
November 19th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Mami's Avatar Christian Parent
^I guess you are right in a way.

But I still think I want to be a different era.

Thank you JMC1988 for the beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search