Christmas

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 18th, 2010, 06:20 PM
Glitz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you enjoy more Christmas or Christmas eve? and why?
Does your Family open their gifts on Christmas or Christmas eve?
Does your child or children believe in Santa claus?
Do you encourage them to believe in Santa claus?
Have you already bought your child or children a christmas gift?

My girls 1296
November 18th, 2010, 10:30 PM
DawnN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you enjoy more Christmas or Christmas eve? and why? Christmas Day. Even though Christmas Eve is very special..it's a lot of work for me at church. I'm the Minister of Music and I organize a music and Scripture candle light service every year.

Does your Family open their gifts on Christmas or Christmas eve? Christmas Day

Does your child or children believe in Santa claus? Yes

Do you encourage them to believe in Santa claus? I guess we have. We don't play it up as much as I was raised to believe. We definitely emphasize Christ more. In fact, we have a Santa decoration on our wall that's holding a sign that says, "Jesus is the Reason for the season." lol

Have you already bought your child or children a christmas gift? not yet

November 19th, 2010, 06:18 AM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you enjoy more Christmas or Christmas eve? and why? Christmas Day, in general, but I reall enjoy the Christmas Eve Service at church, so its a toss-up!
Does your Family open their gifts on Christmas or Christmas eve? Christmas Day
Does your child or children believe in Santa claus? DD is 5months, so not yet!
Do you encourage them to believe in Santa claus? We are undecided on this
Have you already bought your child or children a christmas gift? I am in the process of making her first baby quilt. That will be one of her 3 gifts this yr- we want to start a tradition where everyone gets three gifts to mimic the wisemen gifts to Jesus

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my siggy!

November 19th, 2010, 07:11 AM
Mattiez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We usually open a few gifts on Christmas eve and the rest on Christmas morning. This year DS said he wants to save some presents to open them the days after Christmas so he can make it last longer. I'm all for that.

The don't believe in Santa any more. But it was fun while it lasted. We tried the remember Christ's birth as the real reason for Christmas.

I haven't gotten any presents yet although they both have a list about a page long.
Mattiez
November 19th, 2010, 08:01 AM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarloafbaby View Post
Have you already bought your child or children a christmas gift? I am in the process of making her first baby quilt. That will be one of her 3 gifts this yr- we want to start a tradition where everyone gets three gifts to mimic the wisemen gifts to Jesus
I LOVE this idea!

Do you enjoy more Christmas or Christmas eve? and why? That's hard... I see my mom & extended family on Christmas Eve every year & then of course there's Christmas morning with my immediate family. I think I will have to say I enjoy Day more than Eve but it's really a close call b/c eating dinner at my grandmother's house on the Eve has been a tradition ever since I can remember.
Does your Family open their gifts on Christmas or Christmas eve?
We open our gifts to/from my mom & sis on Christmas Eve but all our presents to each other are opened on Christmas Day. As a child, growing up, we would be allowed to open 1 gift on Christmas Eve & all others had to wiat till Christmas morning.
Does your child or children believe in Santa claus?
Not anymore... he's too old.
Do you encourage them to believe in Santa claus?
Yep when he was young.
Nope, not yet.

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
November 19th, 2010, 08:44 AM
Mami's Avatar Christian Parent
Do you enjoy more Christmas or Christmas eve? and why? Christmas Eve because thats when all family has always gotten together for the big meal. Christmas Day is mostly leftover.
Does your Family open their gifts on Christmas or Christmas eve? Christmas Eve
Does your child or children believe in Santa claus? Sort of, last year he did but this year we told him he wasn't really real.
Do you encourage them to believe in Santa claus? I did last year but Daniel had told me why we didn't bring presents. So i told him that we buy them for Santa, etc. So I told him this year that Santa is not real and we buy them presents and wrap them.
Have you already bought your child or children a christmas gift? Yes, almost done

Thank you JMC1988 for the beautiful siggy!

November 19th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Glitz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you enjoy more Christmas or Christmas eve? and why? Christmas Eve because thats when we gather with family and have dinner together. Christmas is mostly a sleep in day from staying up late on Christmas eve.
Does your Family open their gifts on Christmas or Christmas eve? Christmas eve
Does your child or children believe in Santa claus? no
Do you encourage them to believe in Santa claus? I have told them that christmas is about Jesus and not about Santa Claus
Have you already bought your child or children a christmas gift? Not yet but i already know what i am going to give them.

My girls 1296
November 19th, 2010, 11:19 AM
LisaW's Avatar Blessed Mama
I LOVE Christmas! Everything about it gets me all giddy inside. Love, love, love it!!

Do you enjoy more Christmas or Christmas eve? and why? I enjoy Christmas Eve because it's the anticipation of Christmas Day. Christmas evening is always a bit of a letdown for me as I know the decorations will soon be put away and the music will end. The season is always so special for me.

Does your Family open their gifts on Christmas or Christmas eve? On Christmas Eve we open our ornament and pajamas. This way they can hang the ornament on the tree and wear "fresh" pajamas to bed.

Does your child or children believe in Santa claus? Yes, but it's an area I'm conflicted on. We definitely celebrate the true meaning of Christmas, but we add a little Santa fun to the mix. I'm feeling a little uncomfortable with it this year, though. It's something for DH and I to discuss for sure.

Do you encourage them to believe in Santa claus? Yes. Santa fills our stockings and leaves a big gift behind for the kids.

Some, yes. I'm a sale watcher so I'm waiting to get a few more. We do things pretty standard. Each kid gets a board game, book, movie, and then a couple of toys.

My Scentsy Website
Email Me!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search