Answered Prayers

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 21st, 2010, 09:29 PM
Grace's Avatar Seven is Heaven
I thought it would be fun to share our stories of prayers that were answered, the ones that really seemed impossble to you...but the Lord made it possible. I know with the Lord anything is possible, faith can move a mountain, but we have times where we think, how is this going to work? And then the Lord shows us, and it works. I will post my story later. I thought this could be good for everyone to read, and see how the Lord moves through our lives in such amazing ways.

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012
November 21st, 2010, 10:30 PM
Mami's Avatar Christian Parent
This a great thread. I can't wait to hear responses. I am going to bed now but I will post my story tom!

Thank you JMC1988 for the beautiful siggy!

November 21st, 2010, 11:44 PM
DawnN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have so many....

But one of the biggest ones was being able to have children. For 13 years I was infertile, anovulatory cycles. And then I became fertile only to lose my first two babies. But finally, my Sarah Elizabeth (which means "princess promised by God") was born, a month and a half before our 15th wedding anniversary. We were blessed with two more lc, Ben and Caitie.

I'd love to go back to the doctor's that said that we'd never be able to have children. With God, ALL things are possible!

I was also HEALED from Mitral Valve Prolapse. lol The doctor made me do all sorts of tests because he couldn't believe I was healed. He finally had to admit it!

I could go on, but I won't hog this thread.

November 22nd, 2010, 07:11 AM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a wonderful thread!!!

Dawn, def come back & post any more that you have & don't worry about hogging! We're telling about how wonderful Jesus is!!!

I have several too & I'll post 1 or 2 now so as not to hog the thread but I'll come back & post more later!

Okay my top 2 are:
I got pg last year!!! And the timing was perfect. It was at a very low point when I had just about given up but the Lord threw me for a loop when He allowed me to get pg. Yes, I lost him/her but the fact that I got pg was a HUGE deal & was a miracle in my eyes.

After the m/c I ended up getting referred to the RE where I was told the next step is either 200 mg Clomid + trigger or injectables. I took a 6 month MA break shortly after meeting with the RE the 1st time & in that time I prayed about which direction to take. I was seriously leaning toward the Clomid just b/c I was afraid of how much the injectables were going to cost but during that break someone at church GAVE me (for FREE) her unused injectables from a previous IVF cycle. I was shocked that someone in my teeny tiny church gave me the EXACT drug the RE wanted to give me. There are many different brand names of injectables but she gave me the EXACT one the RE was going to prescribe so it was clear to me that the Lord wanted me to do injectables. I also then learned that my insurance covers injectables so I have a small co-pay but it really isn't much more than Clomid & it is VERY reasonable... another answered prayer since a lot of insurances don't cover the expense of injectables.

Wow... thank you so much Lord!!!

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
November 22nd, 2010, 07:14 AM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, Dawn that is so amazing! God is so good! We have chosen to let God decide how many children he will bless us with, and this story is an example of how only God can truly open and close the womb!
November 22nd, 2010, 11:26 AM
The Lord has answered so many prayers in my life, but there was something that I noticed. I knew the Lord hear all my prayers, but it seemed the prayers that I prayed alone behind closed doors, were the more powerful prayers, it seemed those were answered every time. In 2004 I had a tubal ligation following the c-section of my son, I did not want this surgery but my ex-husband wouldnít get the big V. A year later we end up divorced and after some time later I met my new dh and he had no children, I told him about my tubal ligation and he thought he may not ever have children with me, but he accepted it and we got married. I spend a lot of time praying for the Lord to mend my tubes, I can remember being late on af and hoping that this was it, taking a pg test and having what I can only describe as a vision, I seen me taking a pg test and it was bfp and I showed it to my dh and we were so happy, but I knew from the vision that this pg was planned, we were expecting it, and the bfp was not a surprise. So I basically the vision told me that the test I was taking right then, would be negative, but that later on I would indeed get pregnant. I couldnít fathom how this would happen, I did not have the money for a reversal and I didnít know if the Lord would mend my tubes. In 2009 I became serious about wanting to have a baby with dh, I went through the medical testing and was terrified, I was so scared that something might come up on the test results, I have anxiety and a bit of hypochondria, so if thereís something I can get, I worry that I might have it. I prayed through all these tests, and everything was negative. So now I continued to pray very hard for the Lord to mend my tubes, or show me the money to have the surgery, the start of 2010 with my tax return and things I not only had the money to get our house and pay our bills, but I had the money for the surgery and still had money left over. I couldnít believe it, then came the flight and then the surgery, I was so scared, so worried that I would get there and something would happen and I would leave without my surgery. Well I had my surgery, everything was great, I had nice long tubes and I was whole again. We can home and had a 6 ww, towards the end of the 6 weeks; I started to worry that what If dh sperm is too low what if we canít get pg? 2 weeks later I got my bfp. But the tests even though they seemed dark, they got lighter after 14 dpo, dh did not have insurance yet so I couldnít go to the Dr. I was terrified that it was ectopic. I could clearly see the lines were getting lighter and lighter and then by the weekend they were negative, I knew the pg was over but I waited for the bleeding to confirm it, I prayed and prayed for the bleeding to just start so I could move on and not worry about ectopic, I think Satan also knew my fear and he played right into them, I had pain in my left side, my left side even swelled, I really expected it to be ectopic. I went to church and prayed about it, the next day I started bleeding, and then I was able to go to my OB and it was over, and not ectopic. But Satan sure wants to make you think the worst. We got pg again last month and quickly lost that one too, but I keep my faith, God has a plan for me, for all of us. These are just a few of the miracles I have seen him do in my own life, I know he does them every day, and Iím so grateful. Right now I await my other prayers, Iím waiting on a pregnancy that I can carry full term, Iím waiting on moving to Texas to be closer to my mom, and a few more. In time they will be answered.

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012
November 22nd, 2010, 11:43 AM
docsmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to docsmomma
3 years ago when trying to get pg and stay pg I prayed for just one more living baby. Shortly after I was expecting Joey, and I didn't lose him in pg.

After he was born I saqw these spots on him and I remember at one point thinking he was too young to have skin cancer. But still I pushed for answers. It was around Christmas time and he had this horrible cough and ragged breathing. I prayed over him every single night... to find out what was wrong with him, because the doctors kept blowing me off. Right after Christmas we found the mass that changed our and his lives. Within a week of that he had a diagnosis and treatment was started. Over the past 2 years I have prayed and prayed for him to be healed, but he continued to relapse. The prayers became "if this doesn't work, please make him strong and healthy enough to survive the next treatment, whatever it may be." We were told he would NEVER EVER survive a Bone Marrow Transplant. Today he is 49 days post bone marrow transplant. 1/2 way through the most risky part...

And his lungs, which we were told were permanently damaged and might need a double lung transplant. HEALED. His liver, PERFECT. His heart, PERFECT. All organs we expected major damage to from either disease or treatment.

Whats more, I asked God to show me a reason he was made to fight this battle. Within a week I had numerous people telling me that my 2 yr old little boy INSPIRED them in their own battle with cancer/histio/etc...

And to make it even more... I have prayed for my son to be cured of histio. 2 weeks ago the doctors told me they believe this transplant to have cured him, and there is NO signs of histio ANYWHERE in his body... None. Gone.
November 27th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Another answered prayer, Thanksgiving night i was outside with my dad and when we went back in it started to storm very bad, the rain was coming down very hard. After a bit it let off and my dad and I went back outside, I tried to find my iphone and coundlt find it, I thought "boy I hope i didnt leave it outside", so I joined my dad and in his hand was my iphone, he said I hope its rain proof. I was devasted, I cant afford a new iphone and it was soaked, it had been sitting on the bench in the middle of the storm for over an hour, my phone kept vibrating and all kinds of weird things, I dried it off and tried to call my dad but I I could hardly hear him, so I used the hair dryer and compressed air...still not any better. I just said forget it and Ill see what happens in the morning. I prayed that the Lord would fix my phone as I cant get another one. In the morning my phone was no longer acting weird but now I coundt hear anyone on it and they could not hear me. I was kinda upset, thinking why didnt he fix my phone? I prayed, why didnt he fix it? So dh took my phone and messed with it, within a few minutes I can hear people, they can hear me, its fixed, like nothing ever happened to it...I guess I just needed to have patients, and not get all worked up so quickly. I did look online to see ways to fix a wet iphone and I felt really blessed, most people who wet their iphone end up with a black screen and the iphone becomes useless. The Lord is always watching out for us, rather its something large like an issue in our life, or something smaller, like a wet cell phone you cant replace. No matter how big or how small, they are all blessing. Thank you Lord.

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012
December 3rd, 2010, 11:33 AM
I have had lots o answered prayers. God took care of me since I have been born. Like some other children, I grew up with out a mom or dad, with out the love and or guidence of a parent. I enveed the children who had that kind of comfort, but something told me that I was loved and a great feeling came over me telling me it is ok. As a child I did not know what that was, but I clung to that feeling and it kept me strong and going. When I turned 19 I got married, really don't want to go there, it was a bad out come. But for some reason I always clung to my bible, the inner feeling knowing that God was with me. After a divorce I tended to my sweet girls and worked to keep them supplied, not only with food, but with love and understanding. No I wasn't the perfect mom, but I was not going to leave them behind like it was done to me. The two girls were and are still my heart. I started to have dreams, the same one over and over again. A man, ugh, looking just like my ex. Oh boy, I ask God what to do? I don't want to o back to him, ten years was plenty of that. Many nights I cryed not understanding the dream, with fear of the answer. I nice mancaller ask me out, I knew him from work, in whom I had liking for 6 years now. As it turned out, He was the one in my dream, looking and favoring my ex in some way. God showed me that happyness was coming, and oh yes it did indeed. 12 years of the most amazing time in my life, we were indeed soulmades. Love from day one, and nothing could stop us. The most magical marriage and years any one could ever have, and I was the one to have it. I praised God sooo much, and my husband brought me closer to God and gave me more understanding of the bible. Yea, I could go on and on and on. But I guess all things needs to end sometimes, even the good ones. God had blessed me with dreams, at times I had to tell my dreams to the person on whom I dreamed about, that wasn't easy at times, but the dreams where true and came true. Than I had dreams twice in a row, about the leaving of my husband, God showed me that it was time for him to go. I only told my oldest daughter about this. I prayed to God, oh please no, please don't take him from me.The words God gives and takes away ring in my ears, but my love had to go and be with God. It tarres me up inside each and every day. One week after all had happend I layed on the floor crying into my God, where is my Willi, where did he go, oh God please, is he with you? I don't know how long I cryed, but I feel asleep. Than I felt myself lifted up to a light, colors sooo amazing, purple green, pink, and more. I floated closer to this light, and as I got closer and closer, I felt love, amazing love and peace coming from that light, I kew it was my Willi, and I did not want to leave. Once you feel that, than there is nothing in this world what makes you happy and or wanting to stay. My Wlli comes to me in dreams, we laugh, talk and have fun. I miss him each and every day, it is hard to wait till we are together again. Through all this, I love my God, God carried me for over 3 years, I lost days and months and years. I can't recall 2006 to most of 2009. God has answered my prayers each and every time, some took longer than others. But it comes to show you that he does hear you and most of all, HE LOVES ALL OF US. Even though I did not have a mom or dad, I do have the best DAD any body could have ask for. Praise God for his everloving kindness towards us.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search