Hmmm

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 26th, 2010, 09:51 PM
NewportMamaBear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to NewportMamaBear
"Everything happens for a reason." Describe a moment that you were upset with something but it turned out to be for the better.
November 27th, 2010, 05:19 AM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
  • My m/c -- It's funny that I say this turned out for the better but I do believe it happened for a reason & God used this tragic event for good... I have ministered to sooooooooooo many people & wouldn't be leading an IF support group now had I not had a m/c. I also did the pg loss Bible study after the m/c which helped me grow closer to Him.
  • My IF -- Again, I have ministered to sooooooooooo many people & I'm sure I'm shining the light of Jesus through this (I hope so anyway ). I really want something good to come out of this pain & heartache. I am growing closer to the Lord & learning how to trust Him more & to lean on Him. He's growing my faith so nevermind about the previous statement... good is def coming out of this journey. I'm growing closer to Him & learning about/experiencing Him daily.
  • A past break-up -- this particular break-up was really hard on me but he helped me to get the job I got right out of college (he helped me tweak my resume & prepare for the interview, etc) where I met & married DH!

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
November 27th, 2010, 09:04 AM
NewportMamaBear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to NewportMamaBear
A past break up which helped me discover that I am loved by God and don't have to deal with being put down by someone else. I truly handed it over to God after that break up and had no need/desire to be finding a boyfriend when just over a month later God put DH right there in front of me.

There are also a lot of things that I did or happened that I don't necessarily think of as individual events, but definitely things that helped me realize my faith in God and His love for me. That He was there even when I wasn't paying attention.
November 27th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Mattiez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OK here is a little " God thing" from the other day.

I can't beleive I am sharing this, I must feel pretty comfortable with you ladies to share this.

I had signed up for an 8K race, set for a couple weeks ago. I was going to take a road trip with my SIL and some of her family stay in a hotel, run the race the next morning (her hubby and son was running 1/2 marathon) and just have a good old time with everyone.......So I thought.

About 5 days before the race I wake up with RAGING hemorrhoids. I have NEVER had then other than when I was preg. (don't get any ideas here). I did nothing to get them. I did everything right to get rid of them. I couldn't walk, I couldn't sit. I was in a ton of pain. I held off telling my SIL, waiting for them to do away. I got to the point of thinking, OK if they go away some then I can go and walk the race. NOPE. I finally accept the fact that I can't even make the car trip and I am not going. At this point, this is so weird I realize that something is going on here. I say. "OK God, what is up?"

The next day, race day, I get a call from SIL and all excited for them, ask how the races went. The races went fine, but they lost the van keys during the race. (They all went in one van) Their spare set is at their house. Hubby ended up going to their house and driving their spare set out to them. Over 5 hours on the road that day. If I would have been with them, we most likely would not have gotten a hold of DH because he would have been out with the kids and if we did get a hold of him the kids would have spent that 5+ hours driving in the car (going nowhere) to get them the keys.

The next day I started healing up. I said, "I get it" , I needed not to go, even along for the ride and hemorrhoids will certainly do that without any real damage being done. Who other than God would have come up with that one.

That is just my latest one. I should keep a list.

Mattiez
November 28th, 2010, 03:00 AM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
^^ What a GREAT story!!! LOL

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
November 28th, 2010, 08:16 AM
Grace's Avatar Seven is Heaven
I know these things happen all the time, the Lord is always working in our lives, but one time I will never forget. A few years ago i was married to my ex-husband and we had 3 children at the time, we were trying to trade in our car for a new one. We found a jeep grand cherokee and it seated 5, and that was perfect because there was 5 of us. We did the paper work and took the jeep home, about a week later the salesman called us and said there was a problem with the paper work and we needed to bring the jeep back. We coudlnt figure it out, everything was fine, why would there be a problem now? Dh was so angry, he wasnt very nice about bringing the jeep back, but he did. About a month later I was using the morning after pill (just for extra protection) and our regular birth control, the day I expected my af I wasnt feeling wierd or anything, I felt pretty good, but I had one digital pg test and for whatever reason I felt like I needed to pee on it. So I did, and as I sat on the toilet I read the instruction and it said "a positive result may appear in as little as one minute" I thought well its been about a minute, so I looked at the test and it said "pregnant". I about feel off the toilet, nearly rolled down the stairs as I ran to dh with this pg test in my hand. Had we got the jeep, we wouldnt had enough room for the new baby, and we wouldnt have been able to trade it in time before the baby was born. So we got a mini van a few months later, and this time we got to keep it.

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search