Do you attend a church?

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2010, 01:50 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
How regularly do you attend?

What denomination of church is it?

What do you like the most about it?

December 5th, 2010, 05:52 AM
Mami's Avatar Christian Parent
I attend church on Sundays for service and on Wednesdays for bible study. It is a Baptist Spanish Congregation. And I guess the best thing about my church is that my FIL is the pastor.

Thank you JMC1988 for the beautiful siggy!

December 5th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
How regularly do you attend? Yes

What denomination of church is it? none

What do you like the most about it? learning
December 5th, 2010, 09:52 AM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
How regularly do you attend? I use to try to attend every other week if possible but because of the preterm labor from before haven't been able to.

What denomination of church is it? Either Catholic or Presbyterian

What do you like the most about it? With the Catholic church I love that we do the same thing every time so i'm very familiar with it and love how it flows.

December 5th, 2010, 10:09 AM
shanise.robertson's Avatar IAmOneWithSupremeReality
Send a message via MSN to shanise.robertson Send a message via Yahoo to shanise.robertson Send a message via Skype™ to shanise.robertson
I dont go to church when I did go to church it was baptist and but i never really liked it my mother made me go. Right now i just worship at home because the bible says that whenever two or more people come together i am there it doesnt say that you have to go to a church to get the blessing the congregation is the church not the building.

Thank you ~Nicole~ for my beautiful siggy
(IF YOU WANT TO SEE GOD LAUGH TELL HIM YOUR PLANS)Make a pregnancy ticker
December 5th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
I dont attend at the moment but my DH and I have been talking about visiting the local UU church.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
December 5th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Mattiez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I do attend regularly.

We are currently Presbyterian. I say that because since we are military we move about every 2 years and each time we do we have to find a new church. We try to find one that the whole family feels comfortable with and enjoys going to. We have been Baptist, Methodist, Episcopalian, Presbyterian, Church of God (or Christ, I can't remember which and don't really know the difference) Even though about Catholic at one time.

What I like about this church s the real since of community that the people bring to the church family
Mattiez
December 6th, 2010, 07:20 AM
Sonshine1296's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How regularly do you attend? Pretty much every Sunday. Sometimes with my DH's schedule we end up missing but we go as often as we can.

What denomination of church is it? Baptist

What do you like the most about it? the focus on learning God's word and reaching others. Our Pastor is wonderful and it's like a family.

December 6th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Azmomto4's Avatar Veteran
We are members of a Free Will Baptist church. When we moved from Ohio, we found one starting up about 1 mile from our home. The man who is pastoring it is the son of the man who helped build our church in Ohio (small world, isn't it?)

we meet in a school once a week on Sunday mornings right now. We have land, but are still in the construction phase of our own building. When we have a building it will be mid week service on Wed. sun morning and sun evening...and this is what we attended in Ohio.

The best thing about our church is the friendly people. We really are a family. I also love that it is very grass roots, down to basics and bible believing. No frills, in other words! ANd LOTS of music!!!

December 6th, 2010, 05:43 PM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How regularly do you attend? VERY - almost every time the doors are open... Wed night, Sun morning & Sun night

What denomination of church is it? Baptist

What do you like the most about it? the people... they are my family

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
December 6th, 2010, 10:44 PM
docsmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to docsmomma
How regularly do you attend? Right now, I don't go, however my mom takes my older kids. When someone I trust whole-heartedly can stay home with my youngest I go, but that is few and far between

What denomination of church is it? When I go, I take my kids to an Episcopal church, when my mom takes them they go to a Calvary Chapel.

What do you like the most about it? The Episcopal church is the sense of community, and the fact that it isn't a large church. The Calvary Chapel my mom takes the kids to, its the children's programs.
December 7th, 2010, 10:19 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
We go regularly, its nondenominational and I love that our pastor uses his experiences to help us grow and learn. He doesn't try to be better than us.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

December 8th, 2010, 09:13 AM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We attend when there isn't something conflicting with the time like a sick kid or a house guest (we attend most Sundays)

We attend Celebration Church (non- denominational)

Like JessP I love our pastor. He's very relatable and sincere. in the 12 months the church has been open, as a church we've done 11 community outreach projects. Our mission statement is Love God, Love People, Serve the World. Our church really practices what they preach. Our first week it isn't overwhelming with people in your face.

This shouldn't be a factor, but I love that our church is humble. I've been to many where they tell you every Sunday that you MUST tithe or God hates you. The pastors drive Escalades and the interior of the chruch is gorgeous but clearly expensive. Our pastor drives an old truck. All our money goes to outreach and the community. He preached that if you don't feel you can tithe the correct percentage, than to start small and give what you are able. He's even forgotten to take up tithes and offerings a couple of times.

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
December 9th, 2010, 06:31 AM
<3IsrealJustice<3
How regularly do you attend? No I may go once or twice a year.

What denomination of church is it? I was born and raised Southern Baptist, however I now claim no denomination.. with all due respect you don't need a denomination to get to heaven.

What do you like the most about it? Well there is a reason I do not attend on a regular basis, and that's because I don't like it.
December 11th, 2010, 04:48 PM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How regularly do you attend? every week

What denomination of church is it? non-denominational

What do you like the most about it? The resources! Our church is a mega-church, with 20,000 attending. I love the nursery and the nursing-mothers rooms, they have several! I love the small classes. I also love the general direction of the church and its members

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my siggy!

December 11th, 2010, 07:07 PM
momtothe3rdpower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How regularly do you attend? Weekly, twice a week while taking a class

What denomination of church is it? non-denominational

What do you like the most about it? Impossible to answer, there is very little I don't like...I love our pastor Stovall Weems and how much I learn from him (BTW, I go to Celebration Church as well.....C&K's Mama made me wonder if it was a related church?)
December 11th, 2010, 11:09 PM
NewportMamaBear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to NewportMamaBear
We do not have a church we attend right now. The only churches within an hour of home are Lutheran and Catholic (not ones that DH nor I are comfortable with). I really miss going to church. I used to attend every Sunday, teach Sunday School some weeks and go to an in-home Bible study with members of my church before we moved. Going to church is something that both DH and I are really looking forward to when we get to move back to town.
December 14th, 2010, 07:27 PM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by <3IsrealJustice<3 View Post
with all due respect you don't need a denomination to get to heaven.
I agree... I technically go to a Baptist church but I don't consider myself Baptist. They are all part of God's church. The important thing is to be obedient to Christ (which does entail finding & attending a home church) & as my pastor always says & which I have also adopted... I'm a Christ-follower, not necessarily a Baptist.

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
December 16th, 2010, 01:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
every Sunday and most Wednesdays

Anglican

the people there

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

December 16th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Our family attends service each Sunday and we're usually there at least one other weeknight for Bible study or a ministry meeting.

We're Baptist.

I most enjoy our pastor's sermons and the fellowship with other members.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search