Log In Sign Up

Joey is having surgery today


Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
December 23rd, 2010, 07:26 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,613
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Sorry I didn't get in here last night to update. When Traci called, DH had to wake me up to take the call. (I've been sick.) Below is her update from Joey's caringbridge page.

Quote:
So heres the plan...

Because he is growing a bacteria in his lines AGAIN, and because it is a Gram Rod Negative AGAIN we are pulling the line TOMORROW! So surgery sometime tomorrow...

Now once the line is out for 24 hours and he is fever free (which he already is) for 24 hours he will come home... IF it is the same thing he has had in the past. So as crazy as it sounds, we are hoping it is a psuedomonas again, because that would mean this plan happens and he is home for Christmas.

I feel frustrated. When this happened for Thanksgiving the doctor told us they would pull this line before Christmas. They chose not to, and now we are left where we are right now. I was promised he would be home for Christmas and now I see it may not be... and I know they can't prevent that but I am frustrated that we were told it would happen and didn't. I just want him better...

Now, once the line is out, we will discuss whether or not to place another line or just leave him with no line at all. If we do place a new line it will be a port. Dr. R wanted him to have a port in case he needed IV treatment for GVHD. But sincw we are having to pull the line anyways and go without it for 1-2 weeks it is being considered to leave the line out and IF he needs anything IV again, then consider a PICC or a port at that point.

Uncle Patrick is with him tonight. A HUGE thanks to Genesee, who watched my kids today while we ran Joey to the hospital for admission. I am so grateful to have found her through the histio community.
__________________

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:25 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0