Hearing sermons again

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 8th, 2011, 11:13 AM
mommy2tns's Avatar real & spectacular.
Send a message via MSN to mommy2tns
Do you ever wish you could go back and listen to a sermon again? I know that our most recent sermons are on our church website, but I'm talking like ones you heard not as recently?

The first time I ever really enjoyed being at my church (It was a huge transition for me to go from a very small catholic church to a non-denom protestant mega church LOL!) was back in December 2003. I had just been laid off from my job and was feeling really stuck and lost and depressed.

It was actually a sermon from a guest pastor called "Inbetween" and it seemed to speak to ME specifically. He spoke about finding God and peace when you are in the land of inbetween - whether you are in between jobs, relationships, etc. For the last 7 years I wished I could hear that serman again.

For my birthday in September Chris surprised me with a book I don't read very well (I'm dyslexic) and I have a hard time getting into books, but I want to read if it's a book that seems to really capture my attention.

Anyway - this book is called "The Land Between." It's by Jeff Manion - the guest pastor that spoke at our church - and it's based on that very sermon he gave! I am having a really hard time getting into it, but maybe b/c I'm not in a place where I need to read it yet. I know there will be times again when i will need it and maybe God will help me get into it when I'm ready. But for now I am just really excited to have it there and know that even though I can't go back and hear him give the sermon again, I can read it and get more out of it because books can delve so much deeper than just what you say in 45 minutes.

(here is a link to the book if you are interested: Zondervan - The Land Between - Jeff Manion)

Thank you so much *Kiliki* for another amazing siggy!
January 8th, 2011, 01:59 PM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh wow... that's so awesome!!! It looks & sounds AWESOME & maybe even something I might be interested in, especially considering my IF. But right now God is really blessing me with a few other books that I think He wants to use to speak to me about this journey as well. I was at the Thrift Store last weekend & happened to look down & see the book, When God Doesn't Make Sense, by James Dobson (which is a book I've been wanting) & then I JUST learned this week that our church is about to start a new bible study, Priscilla Shirer's Jonah: A Life Interrupted (basically talking about how when your life is interrupted it's more like a divine intervention where God can bless you more than you ever imagined). I can't wait!!!

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
January 8th, 2011, 06:37 PM
mommy2tns's Avatar real & spectacular.
Send a message via MSN to mommy2tns
both of those books sound really interesting! especially the james dobson book - with the fact that i've been struggling with my own faith recently it might be something i need. let me know what you thought of it when you're done!

and the story of jonah is so relatable in this day and age. it's so much easier to ignore god and go about your own business - and maybe even purposely go against what he wants for us. sometimes it takes something big and devestating to remind you that he is there and that you need to listen and obey.

Thank you so much *Kiliki* for another amazing siggy!
January 9th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Mami's Avatar Christian Parent
Great books to read. I am sure Liza, glad will soon give you all the faith you need and you will be able to read that book again.

I dont know about your church, but my paster (FIL) has tapes and now CDs for every sermon he has given in the church including some invited preachers with their permission. Perhaps you could ask him!

Thank you JMC1988 for the beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search