small prayer request for this week

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2011, 05:23 PM
docsmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to docsmomma
Hi Ladies.

Today Joey is 97 days post BMT. the most dangerous part of BMT is the first 100 days... we are nearly there.

I am getting nervous about his engraftment studies coming up this friday. Now, I know he is engrafted (the donors marrow took over) however, I am worried that he might lose some of that engraftment. Can you please pray he is still 100% donor?

Also please pray his doctor signs the medical clearance for his Make A Wish? To us its more than just his wish being granted... its proof that he is medically stable enough to have this chance. Its proof that he will be a survivor.

Also, please pray for me. I am feeling lost, displaced in my own life. The past 2 yrs I have been totally consumed with Joey's battle. Its like my sole purpose for 2 yrs has been to save Joey's life. now that its coming to an end, I feel like I don't know what to do next. As medical appointments have dropped off and down to 1x a week, and life returns to normal I feel like I am displaced. Not only in the feeling of not knowing what to do, but my whole family and home changed in the 2 months I was gone during transplant and I feel displaced here. I am hoping with DH's return to work today it helps with that, but I could use some prayer. Also I have been diagnosed with PTSD
January 9th, 2011, 05:27 PM
mommy2tns's Avatar real & spectacular.
Send a message via MSN to mommy2tns
hugs hugs, momma! you have been through so much with joey - your whole family has. he and your family have been in my t&p for the couple years and it's amazing how far he has come through all of the ups and downs.

you all continue to be in my t&p.

Thank you so much *Kiliki* for another amazing siggy!
January 9th, 2011, 07:04 PM
NewportMamaBear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to NewportMamaBear
Continuing to pray for you, your family and for Joey.
January 9th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Mami's Avatar Christian Parent
will continue to pray for Joey, your family and you!

Thank you JMC1988 for the beautiful siggy!

January 10th, 2011, 03:15 AM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Praying...

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!
January 10th, 2011, 06:20 AM
Mattiez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so glad that Joey is doing so well. It is continued source of praise.

It is also totally understandable what you are now experiencing. It is a huge life change. A good one, but a huge one. Rest some and try refocusing some of your energy into other things. Maybe start with something simple, find something you like to do. Maybe join a gym, or the PTA, or start scrapbooking with others. Give your self time to come around and find your new "normal".

Moving can be quite stressful. I always feel I am starting over at ground zero with my life. New house, new friends, new city to learn, new grocery store, new dentists to find, everything.

PTSD is understandable, you have been through a battle.
Here are a couple links that might help

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): Symptoms, Treatment and Self-Help

Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Causes, Symptoms, Treatment and Diagnosis by MedicineNet.com

Lots of (((HUGS))) and continued prayers.
Mattiez
January 10th, 2011, 07:50 AM
DawnN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
(((((Traci))))) So many many prayers are being said for you and Joey (and your family). I've been having the prayer warriors at our church praying. We thank God often for the miracle of super JOEY.

With all that you've gone through and are going through, any number of emotions are completely justified! I can't even fathom....your strength (even when you are feeling your weakest) is truly an inspiration.

How is your older son doing today?

Covering you in prayer,
Dawn

January 10th, 2011, 08:56 AM
docsmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to docsmomma
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnN View Post
(((((Traci))))) So many many prayers are being said for you and Joey (and your family). I've been having the prayer warriors at our church praying. We thank God often for the miracle of super JOEY.

With all that you've gone through and are going through, any number of emotions are completely justified! I can't even fathom....your strength (even when you are feeling your weakest) is truly an inspiration.

How is your older son doing today?

Covering you in prayer,
Dawn
David is at my moms and is still sleeping, he is still feeling icky. My mom reports he was up quite a bit last night and he has dark circles under his eyes so she is letting him sleep as long as he needs it. I feel "mom guilt" because my son is sick and in order to protect my other son I had to make a choice to send one to my moms. Because my moms is not set up for a toddler, much less one with a compromised immune system, I had to choose to send David to her house. He says he understands and likes being there, but the guilt of not being the one caring for him when he is sick furthers the feeling of displacement and guilt.
January 10th, 2011, 04:57 PM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley
praying for you, Joey and David. BIG hugs!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search