Just a thought/question

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 6th, 2006, 05:24 PM
mama~manda06
Opinions needed: is it bibically wrong to have surgery to stop having children? This is my 5th pregnancy but will only be our 4th child coming in October. I just feel physically drained and that my body can't handle it anymore, we've tried just about every birth control out there and nothing seems to work. So I'm wondering if my descion to have my tubes tied is a "sin" so to speak? Thanks for your OPINIONS.
July 6th, 2006, 06:15 PM
LuckyGirlx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My opinion? No, I absolutely do not think it's wrong. We struggled with the idea of permanent birth control too. We lost our second son in utero during our second trimester, than our second daughter came 2 months early after more than 2 months of complete bedrest in the hospital (with a toddler at home), and I was on 6 months of complete bedrest with my son just to get him to term. After Corbin (our last son) was born, we were very confident that the right thing to do for our family was for dh to get a vasectomy. I feel our mission at home is to raise our children in a loving environment and teaching God's word the truth about our future here on earth & in (or out) of heaven- how can I do that if I'm in the hospital for months on end every 18 months? It's your decision, and it's personal, I personally feel that God gave us the technology of birth control for a reason, but it's also very dicey- it turns sinful very easily (imo) depending upon the type you use. (((((hugs))))) good luck w/ your decision!

</div>
July 6th, 2006, 07:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to JessicaPalmi Send a message via Yahoo to JessicaPalmi
This is something that you and your husband should spend much time in prayer about, both together and individually. Ask God to speak to you about this. The Bible is very clear that God knew us long before we were concieved. If that is the case He knows whether you have another one waiting for you. I don't think that it would be a sin to have your tubes tied unless God told you specifically in your time spent with Him that He was not done with you yet.

July 6th, 2006, 08:21 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
this is something that dh and I are struggling with right now. I don't know if doing something permanent is right for us...

It is really between you , dh , and God. pray about your decision and wait for His answer.....

July 6th, 2006, 08:26 PM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
First of all, I do not think it is a sin. God allowed medical professionals to come up with the surgery! Also, if you feel physically drained it makes it harder to focus on and live for Him because you are so tired and it makes it harder to lead your children in His paths. So, I don't think it is a sin.
But, I do believe it is something to talk to your husband and doctor about after you have prayed about it. If you don't feel peace about it, don't do it. If you do, snip snip!

July 7th, 2006, 05:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I personally don't think having surgery to prevent pregnancy from occuring is wrong. Like mentioned previously, I'm still up in the air about some other methods however. When I'm sure I'm done with having kids, I am going to have my tubes tied too. I just haven't quite gotten the "green light" to do that yet--I still feel like God might have one more surprise in store for me.

July 8th, 2006, 02:29 PM
mama~manda06
I just wanted to add....I feel like it is for us (dh & i) but I was afraid of what others might think or say. I know its not there life or decision but I would hate to be looked down upon if it was punishment. I know that getting the tubes tied isn't a 100% so the way I see it is if God sees that we should have any more children after this one is born and the surgery He will make it so. I don't know of anyone that has went through this probably b/c its not a talked about subject. I just basically wanted to recieve some support on my decision, my dh approves and agrees with my decision as he says its my body. dh just doesnt want anymore for NOW, which I completely understand. I think about how old we'll be when the last child leaves the home and how we'll still be young enough to enjoy time together. See dh and i never really offically dated first night alone together we got pregnant with dd #1. I have a lot of things going through my mind, I don't feel comfortable talking to my pastor about this matter. Though if his wife was well I would definantly talk to her about it.

I also would like to thank you all for your thoughts and opinions on this matter, I will take every one into consideration.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search