Like a little child.

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 3rd, 2011, 04:52 PM
Mattiez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My kids constantly amaze me.

Yesterday, my DD asked me if she would call up some frineds and have a sleepover on Saturday night. I said, sure that would be fine.
"Only one problem, mom, we get up and go to church on Sunday morning"
"Well, you could invite them to go to church with us."
"Great idea."
So she proceeds to call all her friends (one at a time) in the neighborhood and invite them over for a sleep over and asks them all if they go to church and invited them to church with us.
No one could sleep over on such short notice, but she got a lot of "we will have to schedule it for another weekend"
The one that was really interested was her Indian/Pakistani friend down the street.

Jesus said that we should come to him like a little child. No reservations, just whole heaetedly embrace Him.
December 4th, 2011, 10:13 PM
Mami's Avatar Christian Parent
aww, so cute.

thanks for sharing!

Thank you JMC1988 for the beautiful siggy!

December 5th, 2011, 12:31 PM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's really sweet! Your dd seems like a wonderful girl.

It was an invitation from a classmate of Meagan's that brought us to our home church after years of searching.
I had been badly hurt by what I would call a spiritually toxic church as a teen and had a very hard time feeling safe in a faith community again. I still believed in Jesus and very much wanted my children to have a strong faith but my own relationship with Jesus was suffering.
I am so grateful to God for putting it on the heart of a little girl to invite a friend to church. For us it was so much more than just a fun Sunday morning. Being welcomed into this church really did a lot to heal my spirit.

I guess this is my long way of saying you never know what God can do through the heart of a child.
I hope that your daughter's friends will be able to join you in church soon.

Thanks for sharing.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search