are you done?

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 14th, 2011, 06:04 AM
Mami's Avatar Christian Parent
Christmas shopping that is

Thank you JMC1988 for the beautiful siggy!

December 14th, 2011, 10:14 AM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For everyone but Rick. I want to get him something really special this year but I just don't know what. Of course he says there's nothing he wants/needs this year. Not helpful. (yeah...okay. I said the same thing to him. But I know he already got me something.)

December 15th, 2011, 07:15 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
We got a few things on Black Friday, big surprises type stuff... sc.

We still are hoping to get a couple of things for each kid. Haven't gotten hardly anything at all for the babies yet.

For nieces and nephews, they are all getting made gifts. Adults are getting food.

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
December 16th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Mattiez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I still have hubby to finish off. But most of the rest are done.
December 16th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Everyone here has been done too. I was missing my niece. I got my niece her present Sunday.

December 16th, 2011, 11:23 PM
The ladies on my PR are talking about Christmas budget. I'm not sure if I should be jealous, mad, sad, humbled, thankful....

Wow. I don't think I've EVER spent what some of those ladies are spending. LOL I mean, this is a more meager Christmas than we've had in a while (we did have one that I call our "freecycle" Christmas...), but still. Wow.

December 17th, 2011, 05:06 AM
^No reason to be jealous. Be glad that you dont spend that much.

I never have a budget really but I always try to limit everyone to $5-$10 for the family except DH & kids, & I of course. Well my biggest spend this year was my son, he wanted new 3DS. He has been bugging forever now and we decided to get him that with a few games. We waited for a good deal/sale and got away with it for $210. Thats our biggest expense for Christmas, lol.

Jocelyn, well I went to Walgreens Thanksgiving morning to buy household/beauty products with Register Rewards. I ended up spending $13 for $200+ of items that day. Well with that I bought all Jocelyn's presents. I put in $5 more than got her a nursery, Disney baby, Disney wooden puzzles, Dora flashlight and moving toddler train.

I go to outlet malls all year and find good deals. I only get gifts that are clearance and I know that person will like. Needless to say for 10 other family members I spent maybe $50-$60. Two of my sisters & SIL got a beauty basket of things from Black Friday (walgreens): nail polish, makeup, Venus razors, body sprays, hair ponytails, etc which in total cost me maybe $5 for 3 people.

Ok, I got carried away. But just shop year long and look for sales or use coupons and make a gift basket with different things. My sisters know I got it all practically free but its things they are going to use and dont have spend money on any of it and they all very good quality things that are essential. Also look in ads, a week before Black Friday, Target was having a sale that if you traded an old digital camera, you would get a $50 credit for a new one. Well I had one that was what 6 years old and was 2.1 megapixels. They took it and I found a new one for $49.99 and guess what I paid tax for the new camera and it was 10.1 megapixels. A free Christmas gift for me.

Last edited by Mami; December 17th, 2011 at 05:08 AM.
December 19th, 2011, 11:12 AM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! Melissa, I need to take lessons from you or something. That's amazing!

Dalynn, I know how you feel.
Money is always tight for us around the holidays. This year much more so than others. Everything we bought this year was on sale or bought used. (in like new condition)
Like Melissa said, I try to be glad I don't spend what other's do. I just remind myself that we have bigger priorities and Christmas gifts only bring temporary joy. They aren't that important in the long run.
This is one of the reasons we don't make a big deal about Santa in our house. He just fills the stockings. Makes it a little easier to put our attention where it belongs on Christmas, which is baby Jesus of course.

December 19th, 2011, 11:51 AM
I would love to buy for Christmas all year. Of all years, though, this was not the one. There were 6 months (more maybe) where our total income was less than $1000. We are basically caught up now, but there isn't much extra. Our God is awesome though, and He provides - sometimes miraculously!! I've said that through the summer (still can't really explain why we always did have money for rent and bills, or even food some weeks), but this past weekend He has truly revealed that He is mighty - and He can do whatever He wants to do!! He has mercy on whom He will have mercy. I'll post about it in another thread though. LOL

But we are finishing up our shopping this week. Hubby gets paid today, plus we were given a little extra ( ), so I think we'll be able to do all we were hoping to do. God is so good!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search