Christmas Pageants??

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 16th, 2011, 09:22 PM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Any one else's kiddo's participating in one (or two or three) this year?

Do you ever go to watch them just for fun?

Okay I know we're a little nuts but my girls are doing 3 this year.
One was at church on the first Sunday of Advent. A Christmas play about a little orphan girl and a stuffed lamb. Very sweet.
The second one was today. I'm not sure I'd really call this one a Christmas pageant. It was a Christmas music themed assembly at school. (they were still singing until bedtime)
Next is the family service on Christmas Eve. That's the traditional nativity play with lots of singing thrown in.

I LOVE them! There's nothing more adorable to me than a group of kids singing slightly off key, wearing costumes that don't quite fit and trying really hard to remember their lines.

Did I mention that I love Christmas?

December 16th, 2011, 11:26 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
I thought you meant beauty pageants!! I wasn't even thinking Christmas stuff.

Sadly, no. Neither of the churches we attend are doing one this year. My mother and brother are in a play at their church though, and we'll at least go see that! I think, hope, assume...

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
December 17th, 2011, 04:49 AM
Mami's Avatar Christian Parent
Well, my kids arent singing but they are doing little music play. They putting on music and the kids arent going to come up as the music plays and do nativity story. Daniel is being the third wise men and Jocy is being a star.

Thank you JMC1988 for the beautiful siggy!

December 17th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Mattiez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Since we just got settled into a church, all the pageant and rehearsals are over with. The kids wanted to be in one but I told them, next year.
They always love doing them. They are usually not the traditional nativity scene but more modern day one.
The kids have always done a good job and of course I get it on video and they watch it over and over.
December 17th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
We have 3 this year, one at church one at our community hall then .............. a winter festival ( can't call it Christmas) at the school.

December 19th, 2011, 11:45 AM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dalynn, I hope you get to see the play at your mom's church. Sounds fun.

Melissa, I'm sure Daniel will be the most handsome wise man ever! And of course Jocy will be the most adorable star any one has ever seen! Please share pics.

Chrystal, I'm glad to know we're not the only family crazy enough to take on 3 pageants in one year.

Matttiez, I love that your kids will watch the video afterwards. My kids refuse to watch themselves. Of course I will watch the videos over and over.

December 20th, 2011, 04:32 AM
Mami's Avatar Christian Parent
Thanks Anna. I will get pics upload and video soon.

Jocy was supposed to be the first one to come in but except she wanted a chocolate by the Christmas mail boxes we have church. Well she scarfed down the whole chocolate and made it with the angel.

I want to see pics/videos of everyone's kiddos too.

Thank you JMC1988 for the beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search