Praise!! (long but worth it!)

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 19th, 2011, 12:41 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
What an amazing weekend! I must share with you all, because God is so good. Apologies for the length of this! For just the praises, without back story, look below the *****!!!

I do have to give backstory, so please don't feel like I'm crying about our "poor pitiful situation" - I'm only telling you that part so you can recognize God's grace and provision with me! He is awesome and has mercy on whom He will have mercy!

First was Friday. To understand this, you must realize that we had a rough summer, but finally got close enough to caught up that we were able to pay 1/2 of what we owed and divide the rest over the next 3 months. The last of those payments was due this month, and we were late. We received a disconnect notice for $199, for the 14th. Hubby asked at work to get a paycheck advance and his boss okay'd it, but since hubby worked nights this week they were never able to make a connection and actually get the check. We planned to call them and pay what we could with today's check... which was the only money we had available to do any Christmas shopping.

Friday, in the mail, we received a letter from the electric company. It said that they had "mistakenly" removed us from our payment plan, and that this may have "inadvertently" caused us to receive a disconnect notice. It said to disregard said notice, with apologies, and that they had put us on a new payment plan that is as good as or better than what we were on before. Our balance is now ZERO. We still owe the money - they broke it down (the full amount was $329) into payments of an extra $65 over the next 5 months. But we don't have a December bill to pay at all. THAT is the Lord's mighty provision if I ever saw it!!!

The thing is, it wasn't a mistake. We were late, and when you're late and on a payment plan, it cancels the payment plan and comes immediately due. That's how it works. I am quite sure that the Lord used some sweet person, who saw what was happening, and they pressed some buttons to make it go away. Thank you Jesus, and I am praying blessings over that sweet angel as well! This is huge for us, in a way that is hard to explain. It means we get to finish Christmas shopping.

That's just the first thing. Then Saturday.

If you didn't already know, last Sunday Caleb grabbed my eyeglasses. He had them for about 3 seconds. I took them away then handed them to my 12yo to put on the entertainment center. I picked up Caleb and took him to the bedroom for a nap. Hubby and all the other kids were in the living room. After our nap, I got up and went to get my glasses, and one of the lenses was missing. Was very thankful that the string that holds them in was not broken; my glasses are wire rimmed but around the bottom of the lenses there is only a string, looks like fishing line. If that had been broken I'd have needed new glasses, but it wasn't. But we couldn't find the missing lense *anywhere*. No idea where it went, no idea how it happened, didn't notice it when I took them away from Caleb. Turned this house upside down several times. I went a week with no glasses. Even took family pictures with my mother on Saturday afternoon without glasses.

Saturday night, Bill came around the corner here, he was on the phone, and he had my glasses lense in his hand! He said Caleb just had it in his hand. No idea where he got it from, no idea where he found it. Don't think he had hidden it somewhere, because I took him right to bed. Must have been in the corner by the Christmas tree somewhere. Maybe on the window sill behind the curtain? No idea, though, really.

And, we fit it back into my glasses without popping the string even. I have my glasses back!! Praise God!

(I just want to stick a note in here. I really feel like God was speaking to me about "not seeing" something in my life, so I fervently prayed all week to find out what it was. Friday night in the shower I felt like God revealed it to me. I've confessed and recognized that, and asked the Lord's help to change my heart to match His regarding those feelings. It's nothing short or explainable, just one of those personal things that the Lord works out in each of us a little at a time. But after I felt like that was what He was trying to tell me, it was less than 24 hours before my lense was found. Isn't God funny sometimes? LOL)

Then Sunday!

The first one is pretty straight-forward. I didn't go to church Sunday morning. Saturday night, Caleb was up quite late and off and on all night - *screaming* at the top of his lungs. I think he was having diaper/tummy issues. Anyway, hubby knew I hadn't gotten much sleep so he decided I probably needed to just keep sleeping. So he got the bigger boys up and they went to church without me. He came in the bedroom to tell me that's what they were doing and "bye". LOL I'm thankful for the extra sleep. He's probably right; I probably needed it.

While at church, seconds before the pastor started the service, someone motioned him to the back of the church. As he came back to the front, he stopped by Bill (who always sits on the center aisle) and handed him a white envelope. All he said was, "Someone told me to give this to you." Then he went up front and started the worship.

In the envelope was $100.

Enough said? Probably. Praise Him!!

We have no idea who it was. The people we would first suspect were not in the right place at the right time to have done it. (One was up in the sound booth, his wife was on stage. One was late to church and not even there yet.) Totally random.

Another one on Sunday!

At about 4:15pm, just 45 minutes before our evening church service here in town, the cub scout leader called me to say she was on her way, to act surprised. She had already showed me something at her house, asked if we could use it, and said she would talk to her hubby.

They brought us a table! It's big - we are outgrowing ours! It's as long without leaves as our current table is, but wider. Then it has two, 18" leaves. It has 6 chairs including 2 captains chairs; hubby says it probably came with 8. It's wood, probably birch or ash; hubby says the top is probably laminate. It's white-ish. It's huge!! It's perfect.

This couple has just finally finished clearing out stuff from the husband's mom's house. She passed away a while back, I'm thinking it was a couple of years ago, but she had so much stuff that it has taken them this long to go through it all. In this last haul was her table - bigger than this one to start, with THREE leaves. I don't even know how many chairs. Anyway. I kind of had a heads-up about this one, but wasn't sure if the hubby would eventually be okay with getting rid of the old one, or when she would finally talk him into getting rid of it, or if it would just eventually get forgotten, or what. So it WAS a surprise! A very good one! But I'm so glad she called ahead so I could get it cleaned up really quickly before she got here.

I know this was really, really long. I'm sorry! But I had to share these praises with you all! I know how important it is to share the things the Lord is doing in our lives. Some of these are hard to share with those we see every day. Having to explain the whole electricity thing can be embarrassing, kwim? But on here it's easier, and I have to get it out as much as I can! GOD IS SO GOOD!!!

It's been a rough year. I believe God has a New Thing in store for us in 2012. I truly do. I've asked, prayed, over and over supplicated, that He take care of us this Christmas -- and without much charity from others. (The electric bill takes care of that. The extra $100 doesn't hurt either.) We're tired of being "the charity case" and are longing for... well, so much. To be that amazing story that people want to know what happened, how did we get out of where we were - to be the example of how our God takes what is unlovely and unworthy and uses it for HIS glory. This weekend has been confirmation to me of His promises to us, and that He is faithful to provide and faithful to His promises. I'm looking forward to this week, to Christmas (I wasn't necessarily before...), and now more than ever looking forward to the new year.

All glory and praise to God the Father, and thanks be to Jesus Christ, the son, the sacrifice. AMEN!

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
December 19th, 2011, 01:10 PM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh My Gosh!!! Dalynn, reading this seriously brought tears to my eyes!

GOD IS SO SO SOOOOO GOOD!!!!!!! His timing is impeccable!!!! What a blessing! I'm so glad you'll be able to enjoy Christmas now.

And as far as being an example of God using everything for HIS GLORY.......well to me at least, you already are. Your faith is inspiring.

Thank you so much for sharing this. Many prayers for continued blessings.

December 19th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Aww, thank you Anna! YOUR post brought tears to MY eyes. LOL You're very sweet. Thanks for reading it!

December 20th, 2011, 04:51 AM
Mami's Avatar Christian Parent
Oh wow, God is wonderful. I am so happy that you shared all this with us.

Your post reminds me of someone at church that once said God isnt paying my bills so I cant tithe. If only I can show him this post now and ask him what he thought about this. (He stopped going to church)

God works in mysterious ways and we have give Him all we have and praise Him for everything. We cant give up because he sees her efforts and helps us when we need Him the most.

Thank you JMC1988 for the beautiful siggy!

December 21st, 2011, 05:18 AM
Mattiez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What an awesome report.
Keep them coming.
Mattiez
December 21st, 2011, 07:01 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Oh Dalynn that is so great !!!

December 21st, 2011, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattiez View Post
Keep them coming.
Mattiez
If you haven't yet, please read updates on the weekly praise thread... we're on 6 days of this and counting!!

December 31st, 2011, 11:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
dalynn~~ that is a wonderful testament to the faithfulness of the Lord! praise Him for his goodness!!

~~terre~~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search