Weekly Praise Dec 18-24

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 20th, 2011, 04:56 AM
Mami's Avatar Christian Parent
What is the Lord doing in your life right now? What would you like to praise Him for this week???

Thank you JMC1988 for the beautiful siggy!

December 20th, 2011, 01:48 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
Well, I just shared a huge, long post on its own thread... LOL

But it doesn't have Monday's on there! Monday, hubby got a bonus at work that is basically equal to an extra paycheck. Praise God!!

Also Monday, we went grocery shopping. We were planning to get enough for us for the rest of the month, plus what we're contributing to both families' Christmas dinners, plus some more. I was fully expecting to spend between $300-400 but it ended up only being $200! I feel like God cut that grocery bill for us. It was a FULL basket of stuff, y'all, a lot of it meat. (They were out of hamburger meat though so we still have to get that. LOL) So exciting!

So, maybe I'll just have to update this thread every day with what's going on with us. LOL What an awesome God we serve!!

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
December 20th, 2011, 07:45 PM
MommaLexi's Avatar Adoptive and Foster Mommy
Praising Him for Avery's adoption and for the work he's doing to repair my church.

FD ~ Squishy, 8mos old, Down Syndrome, Heart Disease (post open-heart surgery)
December 20th, 2011, 08:08 PM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I’m praising Him this week for a great deal on a new car. We finally have a car!!!! I feel so relieved that we no longer have to ask for rides or drive in shifts or call a taxi every time all 6 of us need to be somewhere. Rick can finally go back to working without interruptions instead of playing family chauffer which means he can relax and enjoy his time with us in the evenings. That’s a huge blessing right there! I missed my husband.

It’s a very safe car which is helping with my anxieties a little and it’s big enough for all of us and all our stuff.

And the biggest blessing of all…..my parent’s Christmas present to us is that they will pay for the first two payments and send us some money every month to help with payments for the rest of the year! I know they really can’t afford this any more than we can so it’s a big deal that they would even offer. I really love my parents.

This whole car thing has been soooo stressful for me. Having one is a necessity but they are just so darn expensive. Not to mention my stress over having to drive at all after my accident. God is showing me this week that He’s big enough to handle all of it and I need to relax.

December 20th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Wow, congrats Lexi!! God is good!

Anna, what a blessing! Praising with you!!!

You ladies are not going to believe this. I'm still in shock myself. I thought today's praise was going to be that the landlord didn't charge us a late fee, even though he has every time, to the letter of the lease.

But tonight when we got home from the dollar store, after Tide and dog food and a couple of things, we checked the mail finally. In it was a Christmas card with enough cash to make almost another whole paycheck.

God is so good, so faithful, and He has mercy on whom He will have mercy. I'm beyond thankful, and blessed to overflowing, to the point of humble. This is amazing, y'all. God is so good!!!

December 21st, 2011, 05:09 AM
God is great! I love all the praises.

December 21st, 2011, 05:15 AM
Mattiez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
WOOHOOO. For all of them. God is Good.
Mattiez
December 21st, 2011, 05:24 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
BABY!!!!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
December 21st, 2011, 05:27 AM
Mattiez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augie View Post
BABY!!!!
December 21st, 2011, 07:36 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
I am realizing how blessed I am in having DH work on the farm and me a SAHM. Cohen was out with Dh this morning feeding, just a blessing for their dad to be there for whatever they need. If I need to go somewhere with the girls Dh can change his plans and stay in the house with the boys. Just BLESSED !!!!

Thank You tasha_mae

December 21st, 2011, 12:42 PM
Excited for you Augie and praising with you! I haven't followed you but have seen you around in the different forums, and know you've been trying and hoping for a long time. Will certainly be praying with you for a happy and healthy pregnancy!

And that's fantastic, Chrystal! Such a blessing for hubby's schedule to be so open. We've pretty much had that, with hubby being the boss, and it's a little rougher now that he's having to work on someone else's schedule. LOL So it is a blessing! Tis the season for joy!

December 21st, 2011, 02:06 PM
ROFL! God is so good. And so amazing.

And so funny.

We just had someone knock on the door and drop off a bag of groceries from the local First Baptist Church... which we don't even attend. LOL

Day 6!! God is amazing and merciful!

We have been through the wringer, ladies. If you aren't aware of how this year has been for us and would like to know, please let me know. I don't mind posting, or sharing via PM. The last 3 years has been trial after trial. The Lord has been testing us by FIRE, absolutely, without a doubt. But He is faithful to those who continue to cling to Him. I am so thankful for His bringing us through. There is a time for everything under the sun - a time for trial and testing, and a time to rejoice over trials ending. Praising Him here, in our season, and knowing that next year He has some great things in store. Thank you Lord for keeping us faithful, keeping us looking toward you, and keeping us on our knees.

December 21st, 2011, 02:08 PM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dalynn, I love that you keep adding to this thread with new praises.

I have one to add myself today!
Ellie's been fighting a cold for about a week now and I've been worried we'd end up back in the hospital. Colds almost always include at least an ER visit if not being admitted for a few nights. But she's doing soooo much better today! I think we're out of the woods. She's hardly coughing and I don't hear any wheezing at all. I think we'll be able to skip that 2 a.m. breathing treatment tonight.

I love reading everyone's praises. It brightens my day!

Last edited by mamma_anna; December 21st, 2011 at 02:12 PM.
December 21st, 2011, 02:23 PM
Praying for your Ellie, Anna! Glad she's doing better!

I love reading praises too. Sometimes it's humbling seeing what others deem praiseworthy. Sometimes it's humbling to find something for ME to deem praiseworthy. I feel it's so important to share what God is doing in our lives, but worry that I may sound like I'm bragging - I don't intend to! And I am certainly praying for each and every request I'm seeing. If the Lord is answering my prayers like this right now, I'm bringing all the supplications before Him I can. He is amazing and does whatever He wants to! LOL

December 22nd, 2011, 07:52 AM
^you are no way bragging. Just praising our awesome God.

I love seeing the weekly praises this long. I wish it was always this long. Because our God is great. LOve all the praises!!!!!

Thank you Lord for all that you do for us. Thank you because I wake up every day and see another day with my kids. Thank you for everything we take for granted. Thank you Lord for a great husband who spoils us.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search