New here...

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 14th, 2006, 08:27 AM
baileylee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to baileylee
Hi everyone, my name is Bailey, I am a new mother to a four month old baby boy, Noah. I love being a mother, but my pregnancy was unplanned and I am not married and I am 18. I grew up a very strong christian and through high school I fell from that lifestyle. I never stopped believing, but I think that I stopped caring. I now want to raise my son in faith and help him to grow up knowing that God loves him and to form a personal relationship with him, but I am not sure how to get back to that life that I once lead. I feel that going back to church as an unwed mother, I would be looked down to. I guess I just need some help in what I need to do, and some support to get back to my faith and my relationship with God. Thanks
Bailey

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
July 14th, 2006, 02:24 PM
Veteran
First, let me say that I am glad that your foundation in God is strong. Maybe you don't feel like that now...but it is, or you wouldn't be going back to it. I admire your desire to give your son that same foundation.

You are not the first Christian who has had a child when they weren't married and you won't be the last. I don't say that to be cavalier about it all, but more to say that, a good strong church filled with caring people should not judge you. Hey, we all screw up in various ways, right? That's why we ALL need the grace of God. None of us are exempt...or better than another.

My advice. Get plugged in to a church that will support you. I don't know if you're planning to go to the church you grew up in or not, but you would probably find a lot of support from them. If you aren't comfortable with that, see if you can't find one that has a good single mom's group. (easier to do if you're in a bigger city)

Please don't be afraid to get plugged back in. Believe me, you are not alone in your situation. Feel free to post on here as well. We WILL support you, you can be sure of that.

Hugs to you! You're taking steps to help shape a little boy into a strong man of God!

July 14th, 2006, 07:18 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
(((HUGS)))
all you have to do is call out to Him. He is waiting. He has never left you!
I know it is hard and scary to come back to Him. He is there to take away your burdens, to give you strength, and to love you unconditionally.

welcome to the forum!

July 14th, 2006, 08:59 PM
gabbie's Avatar Veteran
I feel like our God is an awesome and forgiving God. Talk to him and ask him to give you strength. Because as we all know that all things are possible througth Christ who strengthens me. You need to find a good Bible base church that you are comfortable in. In the right church they should not judge you for your past mistakes. But only welcome you to or back with open arms.

Leah Justine "GONE BUT NEVER EVER FORGOTTEN"

Mom to 3 Beautiful Girls

Shayla Maria (17)
Leah Justine (Forever 7)
Alicia Alessandra (1)
July 15th, 2006, 09:47 AM
baileylee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to baileylee
Quote:
First, let me say that I am glad that your foundation in God is strong. Maybe you don't feel like that now...but it is, or you wouldn't be going back to it. I admire your desire to give your son that same foundation.

You are not the first Christian who has had a child when they weren't married and you won't be the last. I don't say that to be cavalier about it all, but more to say that, a good strong church filled with caring people should not judge you. Hey, we all screw up in various ways, right? That's why we ALL need the grace of God. None of us are exempt...or better than another.

My advice. Get plugged in to a church that will support you. I don't know if you're planning to go to the church you grew up in or not, but you would probably find a lot of support from them. If you aren't comfortable with that, see if you can't find one that has a good single mom's group. (easier to do if you're in a bigger city)

Please don't be afraid to get plugged back in. Believe me, you are not alone in your situation. Feel free to post on here as well. We WILL support you, you can be sure of that.

Hugs to you! You're taking steps to help shape a little boy into a strong man of God![/b]
Thank you so much for your reply, it definitely gave me a lot of hope, and it made me feel that this is the right decision for us. unfortunately we have moved from my hometown so i am not able to attend the church i grew up in, but i will be looking for a new one around here. again thanks for your kind words and your encouragement! God Bless!
Bailey

Quote:
(((HUGS)))
all you have to do is call out to Him. He is waiting. He has never left you!
I know it is hard and scary to come back to Him. He is there to take away your burdens, to give you strength, and to love you unconditionally.

welcome to the forum![/b]
Thanks so much! and can you tell me how to put blinkies in my siggy? thanks
Bailey

Quote:
I feel like our God is an awesome and forgiving God. Talk to him and ask him to give you strength. Because as we all know that all things are possible througth Christ who strengthens me. You need to find a good Bible base church that you are comfortable in. In the right church they should not judge you for your past mistakes. But only welcome you to or back with open arms.[/b]
Thanks for your advice, i will definitely start looking for a church near me!
Bailey

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
July 15th, 2006, 09:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to JessicaPalmi Send a message via Yahoo to JessicaPalmi
I just want to commend you on your decision to raise your son in faith. I think that it is the absolute most important part of our roles as mothers. We have an awesome gift/responsibility as women given to us to aid God in bringing a new life into the world to serve and worship Him!

One thing that I wanted to say is that regardless of whether this babe was unplanned or not, God planned this little boy and knew he was coming. He has a purpose for being here and God knew it when He created him. Remember the Word says that He knew us in our mother's womb! He knows the hairs on our heads.....

Any church that is working for God and with God is going to accept you with open arms. Your sin is no worse than the gossiping that one may have partaken in yesterday when they were talking to a friend. And besides isnt that what our faith is based on mercy and forgiveness? Pray that God will lead you to a church that He wants you planted in. You may end up coming upon a few that will look down their noses, but remember that you are no dirtier than they are. They are a sinner saved by grace just as you are!

Praise God for your williness to come back to the narrow path and keep it up!!!!!! I will be praying for you and your son!

July 17th, 2006, 01:33 AM
nlp32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I just want to commend you on your decision to raise your son in faith. I think that it is the absolute most important part of our roles as mothers. We have an awesome gift/responsibility as women given to us to aid God in bringing a new life into the world to serve and worship Him!

One thing that I wanted to say is that regardless of whether this babe was unplanned or not, God planned this little boy and knew he was coming. He has a purpose for being here and God knew it when He created him. Remember the Word says that He knew us in our mother's womb! He knows the hairs on our heads.....

Any church that is working for God and with God is going to accept you with open arms. Your sin is no worse than the gossiping that one may have partaken in yesterday when they were talking to a friend. And besides isnt that what our faith is based on mercy and forgiveness? Pray that God will lead you to a church that He wants you planted in. You may end up coming upon a few that will look down their noses, but remember that you are no dirtier than they are. They are a sinner saved by grace just as you are!

Praise God for your williness to come back to the narrow path and keep it up!!!!!! I will be praying for you and your son![/b]
Have you ever heard the song Jesus take the wheel? That's all you need to do, hand it all back to God and let go! I too deffinately believe he is here for a reason and was planned by God.

Niki Mommy to three beautiful boys and an angel; April 2001
<div align="center"></div>
July 19th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow, I just came upon this board from the pg loss, still birth & TTC older members boards.

Bailey, these women really know what they are talking about. I am impressed by their words and guidance for you and I am glad you found JM. Congratulations on your new little miracle and God bless you on your journey ahead.

Jesus was not here to judge but here to save. If you find a church who judges you, then find another church who welcomes you.
Take care.
<div align="center"></div>
July 20th, 2006, 10:02 PM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
First of all, let me say that your son is beautiful!
Secondly, I want to stress that God creates life. From even before YOU were born, he had arranged for Noah to be born to you. I believe God is ultimately in control of every situation, even ones that may get out of hand or that we may not be proud of.

My dear friend, who also happens to be the pastors wife, had a baby out of wedlock. She had her husband (the pastor) slipped one night and had sex. The first time they did it and they got pregnant. I don't know how they dealt with it initially, but I do know that they owned up to the fact that they made a mistake and that they were going to be parents. They now have been happily married for ten years, and have 5 beautiful children. No one has ever looked down on them in our church for concieving a baby before they were married.

Everyone is a sinner. I am just as much as sinner as you are. Yes, you have had a baby and you are not married. But the church should be a place of love, who welcome you with open arms. Many people believe in God and then fall back into sin. The most wonderful part of it all is that God welcomes us back into His open arms.

He is welcoming you to run into them. Isn't that a wonderful truth? He ALWAYS is with you and loves you, even though you make mistakes.

You can raise Noah in a christian home, you can take him to church, and you can show Him what a good, loving God you serve. Find a church that is welcoming and accepting no matter what, and you will be fine!

Welcome to the forum!

Lots of love!

xoxox

July 24th, 2006, 04:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I really don't have to much to add, everyone else has said it so well. But congrats on your baby, and I hope you will find a church you feel at home at before long.
July 24th, 2006, 04:24 PM
CeiCei's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to CeiCei Send a message via MSN to CeiCei Send a message via Yahoo to CeiCei
I don't have much to add either, but I wanted to give you my welcome, congratulate you on your wonderful journey of motherhood, and to say that I have so much respect for you...it is always a blessing to see a young mother want to walk in faith with the Lord...good luck and God bless to you....

My Three Princes: Cordell (23 y/o), Ernest (5 y/o), Robert (4 y/o)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search