Discipline in your house.

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 17th, 2006, 09:13 AM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
Who is responsible for the discipline in your house?

Do the kids listen to their dad more than you?

July 17th, 2006, 10:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to JessicaPalmi Send a message via Yahoo to JessicaPalmi
we try to share in the discipline, but it mainly has been falling on my shoulders lately. We are trying out a new method called Parenting with Love and Logic, as soon as my husband reads the book and stuff I think that it is going to work out great. But having a 2 year old is trying, we dont believe in the terrible 2's because we dont believe in speaking things over our children that dont have to be true, but my goodness he is trying sometimes...lol, so he does not listen to anyone any better than the other because he has been exercising selective hearing all around....lol

July 17th, 2006, 12:37 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
we are both responsible for the discipline in our family.
I am home the majority of the time. the kids are told to do something 2 times. the 3rd resolutes in a time out. If they don't do it, then they do get a spanking. ( NO DEBATE PLEASE)
overall, my children are very well behaved. Time outs work wonders! We also take away toys too.
My kids do listen to my dh alot better than me... I guess I need a better toned voice

July 20th, 2006, 09:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I discipline more, simply because I am with them more. My kids listen to me just as well as they do to their dad.
July 20th, 2006, 09:52 PM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
Well, since Aiden is only 9 months old...we don't really discipline yet other than saying NO or Danger or something.
But we have discussed things and we believe that we should split the discipline or at the very least, should agree on methods of discipline so one is not always undermining the other.

July 24th, 2006, 10:52 AM
diznynurse's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am the main disciplinarian because I am home more. Problem is I have a DSD and unfortunately have been her main diciplinarian as well until this weekend when DH and I had a huge fight! Now all discipline will fall on him for her! This will be interesting to say the least!

</div>

pregnant after 2 years ttc!!!!!

August 4th, 2006, 08:55 AM
mkgirl4u's Avatar Super Mommy
I guess I have to do it more since I am home with them all of the time. But when DH walks through those doors, it's his turn. Although there are times when I don't feel like he should because since the kids don't see him that often, I don't want them to think that everytime daddy is home, all he does is get on to them.

We do spank/pop in our house. My 4 yr old though, he does better with time out. And with my 9 month old, she gets a little pop on the hand or her leg for dangerous things. The distraction method does not work with her. She is really into unplugging things, and that is dangerous to me. So I say No No and point at the same time. I plug it back in. Say No No, again. Then if she does it again, I'll usually pop her hand, say No No, then take her to the other side of the room. Shortly thereafter, she is back at the plug in.

<div align="center"></div>
August 4th, 2006, 06:19 PM
LuckyGirlx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thankfully, dh and I have always been like-minded in our discapline. I obviously disapline more because I'm home, but it is equal when dh is home. I think we have done a good job respectively, we get compliments often- and I was told by a coupel of people that we were staying with a certain family in NY on purpose (were there for a wedding) to be and example of discapline, lol. They didn't tell me thsi until afterward, thankfully, but that made me feel good anyway.

Jaime, I have the same idea as far as telling them something twice and the third time, it's a consequence. I try to use positive disapline, but when things are insane- this is what works. I'm still trying, lol.

</div>
August 7th, 2006, 10:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Both of us but I am home more. I do not hit or spank. He is a really good boy and doesn't like to be naughty. Time out has happened only a few times and seems to have worked. With him, raising my voice doesn't work, but explaining what I expect and what he did that was wrong works. If he whines I tell him to take it in his room and come out when he is done.
<div align="center"></div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search