Your Bible

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2012, 11:01 PM
Me and Jesus <3 You
What version do you use most?
Do you cross reference with other versions/dictionaries/concordances?
Is it a red letter bible?
Do you highlight or make notes in your bible?
What size is it?
What color is it?
Do you have multiple?
June 21st, 2012, 08:56 AM
The Truth is out There
What version do you use most? NKJ, but I'm researching other types to find the most accurate for my next Bible
Do you cross reference with other versions/dictionaries/concordances? Yes, I use the Blueletter Bible online
Is it a red letter bible? Yes
Do you highlight or make notes in your bible? Yes, all the time
What size is it? It's small, I got it when I was a teen and it was "weird" for teens to use the big Bibles.
What color is it? Blue and Orange
Do you have multiple? No, but I am going to get another one, with bigger margins and a more grownup feel to it.

June 21st, 2012, 09:20 AM
Me and Jesus <3 You
Quote:
Originally Posted by May14th2011 View Post
Do you cross reference with other versions/dictionaries/concordances?[/B] Yes, I use the Blueletter Bible online
I like that site too.

I like NIV for general studying, but I also use NKJ.
I do if I'm studying a particular topic in-depth. I like to cross between NIV, KJ, a Dake's bible and online references.
Yep.
I do a lot of marking and highlighting, but I usually take notes elsewhere since there is so little room.
What size is it?
I have an average sized one that's "slimline" and a smaller one to fit in my purse or use for trips.
What color is it?
The larger is brown and blue and the smaller is dark pink.
Do you have multiple?
I have those two, but we have quite a few bibles in our home. DH has collected several different versions from used book stores. I would like to get a message bible for things like night time or easy reading too.
June 21st, 2012, 01:05 PM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What version do you use most? I have several that I like but the version I use most is NRSV because that's what my church uses most often.
Do you cross reference with other versions/dictionaries/concordances? All the time
Is it a red letter bible? Most of my bibles are but the one I've been reading most often lately isn't.
Do you highlight or make notes in your bible? I have horrible note taking skills and really bad handwriting so I use a notebook that I keep with my bible instead of writing in the margins. That way I have room to be sloppy.
What size is it? The one I use most right now is medium sized I guess.
What color is it? blue
Do you have multiple? between me, my husband and my daughters I'd bet we have at least 30 bibles in our house. I've never bothered counting though.

June 21st, 2012, 07:10 PM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What version do you use most?Revised Standard Version (I know there are a lot of people that will tell you why this is not the best/most accurate version, but it is the bible I was given in 3rd grade. The verses I memorized as a kid are all from this translation and I love to see the notes and underlines I have done over the years. Sometimes I still agree with what I wrote and sometimes I don't )

Do you cross reference with other versions/dictionaries/concordances? Definitely. Depends if I am studying a topic or a chapter. Topics I do much more cross-referencing, but even if I am just going through a chapter, sometimes it helps to see other translations to get the connotation of a particular word in that context.

Do you highlight or make notes in your bible? Yes, notes, underlines, and when I had them, I would use the crayon highlighters. I lost them at some point though

What size is it?Medium

What color is it?Reddish-Brown

Do you have multiple? Oh yes, I have a NIV Study Bible that gets a lot of use I just don't like lugging it to church, a NKJV that I won off the radio way back in college, DH has an NLT, and one of my favorite's is Martin Luther's translation into german that I picked up in Germany (this one is particuarly helpful for word meanings when I see which German word they chose to use). Oh and I have a great side by side english and japanese one from when I was in japan ... too bad I can't read the japanese (it was great to show someone a passage though and let them read it also)

Psalm 139:9-10
]
June 21st, 2012, 10:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What version do you use most? Most often I read my NIV, I actually had someone tell me 'that's not a real bible' They read the Amplified version, which I like but find to wordy for everyday use.
Do you cross reference with other versions/dictionaries/concordances? If I am studying just one scripture verse I'll use the Amplified version
Is it a red letter bible? No
Do you highlight or make notes in your bible? I used to, but now I find using a notebook keeps things easier to read, and to look back at when I'm searching for something quick.
What size is it? Regular size? lol It's not too big, but it's not small
What color is it? Navy Blue
Do you have multiple?In the house, we probably have 5 or 6 Bibles, but 2 are the same study bible, because I liked it so much I bought my husband it when we were dating.
June 22nd, 2012, 11:51 AM
Super Mommy
What version do you use most? NIV
Do you cross reference with other versions/dictionaries/concordances? yes all the time
Is it a red letter bible? yes
Do you highlight or make notes in your bible? yes
What size is it? on the big side of normal I guess.
What color is it? burgundy
Do you have multiple? I have my own and my mother's DH has 2 or 3 i think and we have one that we share. The kids each have one and a children's story bible that they share. So that would be 8 or 9 total.

I've never understood when people say one version is better or more accurate than another. I mean it's all just different ways to say the same thing right? I guess this is one of the things Justin is going to seminary to figure out.

Quote:
between me, my husband and my daughters I'd bet we have at least 30 bibles in our house. I've never bothered counting though.
Wow! I thought we had a lot!
~Mother of Miracles

June 22nd, 2012, 04:49 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
What version do you use most? Right now I hae been using the message
Do you cross reference with other versions/dictionaries/concordances? Sometimes
Is it a red letter bible? It can be (it's on my phone)
Do you highlight or make notes in your bible?On my phone yes lots a highlight
What size is it? Small
What color is it? Red
Do you have multiple? Yes we have both our grandfathers bibles along with the kids and they ones DH and I have collected

September 6th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to virtuous
Quote:
Originally Posted by happilyeverafter View Post
What size is it?
What color is it?
Do you have multiple?
No I do not have the smarts for that.
Yes
No husband says not to because he does not.
Big
Black
No
September 6th, 2012, 06:42 PM
jeweluv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What version do you use most? KJB
Do you cross reference with other versions/dictionaries/concordances? No, lol I'm being advised to stick with KJB and I'm still working on majorly undertand that.
Do you highlight or make notes in your bible? Yes!! Tab pages, you name it!!!!!!!
What size is it? It's a normal sized book.
What color is it? It's red and tan.
Do you have multiple? No,

P.S.: My bff's dad is a pastor and they got it for me when I got saved when my bff witnessed to me =)))

Lee and Erica by Jadelm, on Flickr

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search