Just saved and have a question

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 18th, 2006, 04:17 PM
CeiCei's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to CeiCei Send a message via MSN to CeiCei Send a message via Yahoo to CeiCei
I was just saved a few weeks ago and I am interested in studying the Word while at home...My church always gives daily readings and I was just wondering exactly how do you get started...I am asking here because I am still a little nervous to ask others in person...Besides praying for guidance what do you ladies do?

My Three Princes: Cordell (23 y/o), Ernest (5 y/o), Robert (4 y/o)

July 18th, 2006, 09:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to JessicaPalmi Send a message via Yahoo to JessicaPalmi
there are many great devotional books out there. and other studies as well. Look into some books that are written out there, and maybe ask around about what some of the women are studying in your church. 40 days of purpose is a great study to do at home, it gives you many scriptures to read, and then a reflection on what the scripture means to your purpose in life. I know that book was life changing for me. You can sign up with our daily bread and get their devotionals.

Otherwise, start in the Gospels and ask God as you are reading to reveal to you what you need to know. Everytime you read you will learn something new because God will reveal things to you as you are ready. When you have a question write it down and ask your pastor or congregation member, or even on here.

Another thing I would recommend is getting into a group study. If you can find an ALPHA course near you it is fantastic for new christians and can answer a lot of questions like this.

Congrats and welcome to the family!!!!!

July 18th, 2006, 09:53 PM
Denise66's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi and Welcome to the Family of God! That is wonderful. There are a lot of studies out there you can do. See if your church has someone that could be a mentor to you. A women that will have a Bible study with you once a week. That way you can have someone to ask questions to without feeling uncomfortable. Here is also a website http://www.lovethelord.com/studies.html that you can go to . You can pick old or new testament. Then the book you want to study. Then it is chapter by chapter. It is very good.

July 19th, 2006, 12:20 AM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
welcome to Christian Parenting and to the Kingdom of God...

the others have given you some awesome ideas..
I would definitely start in Matthew and work my way through the gospels... Ephesians is also a favorite of mine...

July 19th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
If you feel funny asking people you know, maybe a Christian bookstore in your area could help you find a study guide or a bible with a study guide in it. My church gave us a really easy study guide for the book of John which has to do with the miracles Jesus performed. I loved it and got so much out of it. I am almost done with the book of John and the guide made it much easier for me to understand.

I also just ordered some preschool bible stories for my DS and I am excited to get started. What better way to understand the Word of God than by reading a preschool version to your children. Simple and easy reading to get you started.

I will say a prayer for you and your journey.
<div align="center"></div>
July 19th, 2006, 07:23 PM
CeiCei's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to CeiCei Send a message via MSN to CeiCei Send a message via Yahoo to CeiCei
Thanks, Ladies....You have given me some great advice...It really means a lot to me...God Bless

My Three Princes: Cordell (23 y/o), Ernest (5 y/o), Robert (4 y/o)

July 19th, 2006, 09:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
praise God!!!! I am so happy for you. the other ladies have given some great suggestions. The gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John are always a great place to start seeing how Jesus walked out his life on earth because we're striving to be like him. Not that we ever can be perfect like him - we're saved by his grace to us and not what we do - we can do nothing apart from him, but we still strive to be like him. Sorry I think I'm rambling, I'm not the best teacher, but know that I'm truly rejoicing with you!

July 20th, 2006, 10:47 PM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
I am so happy to hear your news and look forward to seeing you in heaven! (Although, let's not rush that one! )

I think that these wonderful ladies have already given you lots of advice that will be helpful to you. Devotional books are wonderful because they give you insight that you may not have known or even considered before.

As a new Christian, I personally would reccomend reading through John, it is so wonderful to hear the story of Jesus. Also, reading through the psalms are so nice to read to see all teh promises of God and so much more.

Let us know how you do in deciding what to study!

xoxoxoxoxoxo

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search