How do you spend time together?

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 8th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Veteran
what are some ways your family does bible time together? and do you watch Christian movies?
:mommyDeAnna 7/28 Whitney 4/7 Naomi 6/24 Katerina 1/27 Gracie 5/25 Magdalina 6/8Berachiah 6/8 Peter 2/20 Deanna 19,whitney 15,Naomi 13,Katerina 8,Gracie 7,Magdalina 5,Berachiah 3,Peter 4 months and counting.
July 8th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Veteran
We always review their church lesson with them over lunch or after we get home if we go out to lunch. We read a bible story from their bibles every night at bedtime. That's about all at their age for bible time. We mostly focus on praying and making God proud of us.

We watch Veggie Tales, but other than kid stuff they're not old enough to watch actual christian movies.

July 9th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Kynslee is too young to do much Bible things with. We do have some children Bible song cd's and we play them for her and sing along with them. That's about it with her.
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

July 11th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Super Mommy
We read bible stories with the kids every night before bed and sometimes in the morning too. The church we went to before we moved used to send us home every week with a little activity packet for them about the weeks lesson and we would do that together.
We read a lot of Christian children's books and watch lots of videos. Some of our favorite videos are Veggie Tales, 3-2-1 Penguins, Adventures in Odyssey, and Agapeland.

We also have a couple of sets from when Justin and I were little that we love listening to with the kids. One is a read along/books on tape series from Agapeland where each story is about a different fruit of the spirit. It's very cute and was one of my favorites as a little girl but the Agapeland stuff has changed a lot since then. It's still good but not quite the same.
The other one is a series of audio cassettes called Dan and Louie. Dan's a ventriloquist and Louie is his dummy and they tell bible stories with a lot of humor. I wish I could find them on cd because the tapes are starting to wear out.
~Mother of Miracles

July 12th, 2012, 02:23 PM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by aect-mama View Post
We also have a couple of sets from when Justin and I were little that we love listening to with the kids. One is a read along/books on tape series from Agapeland where each story is about a different fruit of the spirit. It's very cute and was one of my favorites as a little girl but the Agapeland stuff has changed a lot since then. It's still good but not quite the same.
The other one is a series of audio cassettes called Dan and Louie. Dan's a ventriloquist and Louie is his dummy and they tell bible stories with a lot of humor. I wish I could find them on cd because the tapes are starting to wear out.
Those tapes sound awesome! Don't you hate it when you have great memories of something and want to find it again but it's not around anymore?

The girls are older now so they read the bible on their own at bedtime but we still pray with each of them before they go to sleep. For a while we were doing a family devotional together in the mornings but haven't kept up with it lately.
We also read a lot of Christian books and watch Christian movies. Rick works for a publishing company so we get a lot of stuff for free.
We all still love Veggie Tales! Even Rick enjoys watching them.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search