Update from Traci on Joey

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 2Corinthians10:4

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 20th, 2012, 10:21 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Traci put this on his CaringBridge:

Quote:
I think that when you go from a special hospital like city of hope to a standard hospital it is normal to find the care a bit lacking. and I do. there seems to be some communication issues. but more, I have been told by ortho that I should step back and just let them do their job without questioning things. well, I am going to ask questions because its MY JOB. I need to know what meds hes on, what they are for, and that things are NECESSARY. so it is a bit frustrating. one of the nurses threatened to cath him the other day... hes not supposed to be cathed. turned out the doctor never said that, the nurse just didnt believe a 4 yr old could hold his bladder because he didnt want to pee in a diaper.

Overall hes ok right now. he doesnt seem to be in pain at the.moment, but he is blocking out everyone which tells me hes uncomfortable. hes playing his video game right now and is eating a waffle. the food is awful!

I wanted to send a few thanks out today. first, to all of joeys loyal supporters... you have been by our side through thick and thin. you have heard our fears, cried with us and celebrated with us. your prayers have carried him through.

to my JM friends, I have never forgotten the tremendous care love and support from you since before he was even diagnosed. or the awesome blinkies and siggies you sported to show support.

also to my histio family. you know what we are up agsinst. you have cried, prayed, celebrated, and shared with us. you helped me find treatments, made suggestions about medications and effects, and can understand when I say thst I was scared thid break was a relapse (highly unlikely) in his bones. You understand how a broken bone can make you fear for so much more. thank you for that understanding because it helps to know I am not crazy.

to my new Q friends... you dont even know me or Joey but the support you show means so much. and it is helping me which helps him. you will understand when I say thanks to you I still say nope. I have seen the support, but its hard to reply on my phone.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
July 20th, 2012, 12:57 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Go Traci for standing up for Joey! I kind of want to punch them in the face on her behalf for telling to her to butt out and back off 'and let them do their job'. She knows way more about Joey's condition than they probably do because she has been their every step of the way. If more doctors would just work WITH the parents instead of against them they would have a lot better patient satisfactory scores....
aect-mama likes this.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

July 20th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Corinthians10:4 View Post
Go Traci for standing up for Joey! I kind of want to punch them in the face on her behalf for telling to her to butt out and back off 'and let them do their job'. She knows way more about Joey's condition than they probably do because she has been their every step of the way. If more doctors would just work WITH the parents instead of against them they would have a lot better patient satisfactory scores....

I'm glad he seems to be doing well today. Continued prayers for him and his family (and for those doctors and nurses that they would gain some wisdom)
~Mother of Miracles

July 20th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww....I hope he feels better soon. Hospitals are terrible...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search