Prayers for a neighbor / friend please

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 22nd, 2012, 08:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
DH and I have gotten closer to our neighbor lately and they are like us a young couple and were expecting their first child. The mom went 10 days over before water breaking. Baby arrived Thursday(the 19th) and was doing fine until about Friday afternoon. The baby started having seizures They did a spinal tap and that came back clear so that is great news as most likely the baby won't have any permanent damage. They have the baby sedated and when they take her (baby) off she just screams and screams as if she's in pain. They have her in NICU for now until they can figure out what may be causing these seizures. They were going to do an MRI on baby yesterday to see if that will show anything. Mom is still in hospital as she's in lots of pain because she had quite a bit of bad tearing.

I'm so sad as I know they were so looking forward to having their little girl and bringing her home. So, if you could please keep the family in your prayers it'd be appreciated!!
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6
July 22nd, 2012, 09:56 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
So scary, I am praying.

July 22nd, 2012, 11:08 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh wow that's scary. They are definitely in my prayers.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

July 24th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Super Mommy
Praying many healing for this sweet little baby and her family.
~Mother of Miracles

July 25th, 2012, 06:43 AM
nurselochia's Avatar Marathon running mom of 4
Praying for them.

Thanks Jaidynsmum!!

July 25th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks ladies!! I saw a pic and little Clara is soo cute with a head full of hair. But, so sad to see a full-term baby all hooked up to monitors and iv's.

I know the family really appreciates you all's prayers as they sent out a text asking for prayers (after I started this post).

Last I heard MRI was good and so they were just trying to figure out what could cause the seizures. I haven't had an update in several days though so I'm kinda worried but don't want to bother them either. I know the mom has been crying a lot and is super tired trying to keep up pumping and spending time with her little girl.
July 25th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
UPDATE: The baby is doing better but still going to be at least another week and half probably before coming home if not longer. They are weaning the baby off the meds slowly and she hasn't had a seizure in a few days so that's great news!! They were also able to take her off the head monitor that was monitoring her brain activity.

Side note: baby's daddy was able to hold his little girl for the first time last night I wasn't there but told that he just sat and cried he was so happy to finally hold his precious daughter!!! I couldn't imagine Sam(my DH) not being able to hold Kynslee for almost a week - must have been so hard for him.
July 25th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am just reading this now, but so encouraged by the updates. How scary though to still not really know what caused them. I will be praying for them and for the doctors also!

Psalm 139:9-10
]
July 27th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
SAD UPDATE: Well, good news first - baby Clara seems to be doing better and appears she'll for sure live; But, there is a really sad part! Baby Clara will have permanent damage for life No one is for sure how bad the damage is and that is why they will be keeping her in the NICU for so long. They believed she was oxygen deprived in womb still but had no idea as baby was still moving good and her heartbeat was always right right though labor. So, the mom and dad really got a shock (as well as docs and nurses) when she came out and is having so many problems.

EKG says heart is fine so she shouldn't have heart problems at least. We talked to the dad in person yesterday (before only by text and then through mom's sister) and he said that the neurologist came in and told them a list of things that could be wrong but not sure yet. When the doctor came in he said sadly the neurologist usually doesn't go over things unless there is a good possibility that the baby could have those problems. So, though they are not 100% exactly all what's wrong it sounds like baby may have several things wrong. I just want to cry for them! I know they love Clara no matter what but it's still all a shock to them and hard to digest. I think it would have been easier to adjust to if they at least had a possibility that something may be wrong beforehand.

Anyway - sorry to go on so long. They are very heavy on my mind and I've done my share of crying. Just please keep mom and dad and baby Clara in your prayers. Prayers that mom and dad will stay strong and be able to take whatever God throws their way (they are staying positive so far which is good) and prayers that baby Clara may not be as bad as she possibly could.

Last edited by momie2b9-20-11; July 27th, 2012 at 08:06 AM.
July 27th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Super Mommy
I'm so happy to hear that Daddy finally got to hold his little girl! That's such a precious moment!

So sad to read this last update. will definitely continue to pray for them. The Lord will be with them in this, whatever comes.
~Mother of Miracles

July 30th, 2012, 01:38 PM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm just now reading this. I will absolutely be keeping this family in my prayers.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search