Something I want to share with you

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 19th, 2006, 10:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't really know where to start, so I'll just start from the beginning. I was raised in a Christian home. I always went to church. My grandfather was a pastor, my dad a deacon, so on and so forth. So, naturally, when I was five, I decided to say the little sinner's prayer or so I'm told. I don't remember it at all. I only vaguely remember being baptised. Then, when I was 13, I started to get nervous about my "salvation experience," so I decided to go forward at church camp, but it was just fueled by emotion, not God. So, here I am, 22 years old, and for the past few years I have really been doubting my salvation. In fact, I pretty much knew I was lost, I just couldn't admit it because I was afraid of what everyone would think that haad known me all my life. So, I just went on pretending and playing church. So, now we are getting to the part I want to tell you.

The other night my DH and I were talking about this whole situation with Israel and all and what if it is the beginning of the end and everything like that. Then, my husband said, "Well, you shouldn't worry about it. If it is, the rapture will happen, and you know you're going to Heaven, don't you?" I just looked at him, and I didn't know what to say. I just said, "I suppose." Then, he just looked at me, and everything started to come out, how I didn't think I was saved, but I truly really wanted that relationship with Christ and how I've held this all in for so long. We talked about it for a while, and then he said, "Well, you can be sure, you know." So, I went back to our bedroom, read my Bible, and gave my life over to the Lord for real this time. I finally just admitted to myself, my husband, and the Lord that I was completely lost and that I needed that salvation. So, in short, I was just saved Monday night, and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt where I am going now, and it feels good! I just wanted to share that with you guys! Thanks for listening!

July 19th, 2006, 04:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That is really beautiful and I actually totally relate to you. Thank you for posting. Now I know why I came to this board today.

Take care and I hope you can feel the joy of the Lord in your daily walk with Him.
<div align="center"></div>
July 19th, 2006, 06:21 PM
gabbie's Avatar Veteran
Wow that was great mommycolvin. Our God is and awesome and forgiving God. If you are not in a good bible base church get involved in one. You will see how your life will change. Just remember that the crazy devil will work harder in your life when you try to do good. Just take your hand and wipe him off your shoulder and declare that the Lord is in control and he will not win. Three cheers for you .

God Bless You

Leah Justine "GONE BUT NEVER EVER FORGOTTEN"

Mom to 3 Beautiful Girls

Shayla Maria (17)
Leah Justine (Forever 7)
Alicia Alessandra (1)
July 19th, 2006, 07:57 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
wow, God is great!!!!
what a great story!
welcome to the kingdom of God!

July 20th, 2006, 09:51 PM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
I am so glad that you have been honest with yourself and your husband and most importantly with God. I had to do this with myself a few years ago.
Isn't it wonderful to be sure?!?!

I am so happy for you!
xoxoxoxoxox

Blessings to you!!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search