Hi

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By CalledBlessed
  • 1 Post By #5in2005
  • 1 Post By momie2b9-20-11
  • 1 Post By Babymakes8
  • 1 Post By mamma_anna
  • 1 Post By momie2b9-20-11
  • 1 Post By CalledBlessed
  • 2 Post By aect-mama
  • 1 Post By Babymakes8

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 5th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm new to this board, but have been on JM for a little over a year.

I need help. I was raised in a Christian home, accepted Christ as a child, went the way of the world as a young adult, and just kind of been floating along on my own trying to find my way back.

I've found myself critical of other Christians, because the ones I seem to find locally aren't the ones who would help build me up, but are good examples of "do as I say not as I do".

I feel like I'm burdened. I don't know how or what to do to find my way back. Or if I am back. if that makes sense. I'm embarrassed to pray in front of my husband. He doesn't pray, and he only in recent years was even willing to go to church with me. Now we don't even have a Church, but we're looking. If we find one, he'll attend with me and the kids.

I guess that's all.

thanks

August 5th, 2012, 05:53 PM
CTK3989's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am new to being a serious Christian so I don't have any words for you, but I am praying for you. Welcome to the Christian Parenting Board.

August 5th, 2012, 09:10 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Prayer and communication with God holds all the awnsers. If you are not comforable praying in front of DH, pray to yourself.

Thank You tasha_mae

August 6th, 2012, 12:10 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Crystal said it great, pray, pray, and pray.

Welcome! I'm Meagan, mama to Addi, and wife to Dusty.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

August 6th, 2012, 12:52 PM
TemporaryMom's Avatar Regular
Ditto the pray, pray, pray! Were also here if you need specific advice.

Welcome!

August 6th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Thank you, Ladies. I've been trying to be more diligent in praying, and in also making time to read the bible.

We're also searching for a Church Home. I say we, because my husband has voiced the desire to find a good Church where we can attend services. I don't feel like I've been a good example of a Christian for my husband, either.

August 6th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Veteran
First know this----God loves you and your family and you seeking him makes him so happy.There is this story in the bible that you should read Luke 15:11-31.To remember and know how he loves his children.You said that you feel you have not been a good example for your husband.Well the best example for him is to see you pray.You done nothing wrong doing that...If you have given yourself to christ again...than read Romans 8:1 condemnation...don't feel like you are not good enough to pray cause it is a lie from the enemy.If you feel ashamed of your sin and want God into your life than remember this 1 John 2:1-2.It is gone so let it go he says come to me who are tired and weary and I will give you rest.Matthew 11:28.God wants you to pray alone with him Matthew 6;6 THIS IS THE GREAT PART he rewards you for that...cause he knows your words are not fake......We all have gotten off the road before but...Matthew7:13-14.say there is only one road.In ending this please read of his love just for you ...Ephesians1:4-14 He loves you and your family.I love you too.I hope I helped God Bless.Amen!!!
Babymakes8 likes this.
:mommyDeAnna 7/28 Whitney 4/7 Naomi 6/24 Katerina 1/27 Gracie 5/25 Magdalina 6/8Berachiah 6/8 Peter 2/20 Deanna 19,whitney 15,Naomi 13,Katerina 8,Gracie 7,Magdalina 5,Berachiah 3,Peter 4 months and counting.
August 6th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Thank you, CalledBlessed! It is my own self conscience that prevents me from praying infront of my husband. He and I both encourage the kids to pray, though, so I don't know why I feel self conscience.

I'm jotting the scriptures down to read. Thank you!

August 7th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Feel like I should just "wave" to you and say hey, since I "know" you from our other board.

I was just going to say that we're all a process and God's not done with us yet. And as far praying in front of dh, it totally made me feel funny too, it's just really in the last few years that we started praying together, and even more recent that we started to on a regular basis.

I really hope you find a great church for you to belong to.
Babymakes8 likes this.
August 7th, 2012, 07:44 AM
*waves back*

Thank you! I guess I should say, I do pray, just kind of quietly and inwardly. My biggest prayer as of late, next to finding a Church Family, is to find and befriend a Christian Family, or at least for my husband to find a Christian Male Friend. IF that makes sense. Someone who would be a great example of what living as a Christian father, husband, and friend is.

My husband wasn't raised in a Christian home, so his family dynamic experience is hate/jealousy between siblings, fed and agitated by his father.

We're both excited about Sunday, though, and I'm hoping this week flies by!

August 7th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I also already know you so I'll say Welcome instead of Hi!! This is a great bunch of ladies and great support group! I've just joined Christian Parenting in the last few months and love these ladies. And, also Prayer Partners are great - I've really appreciated mine in the past 2 months!

I agree with #5in2005 (sorry, don't know your name) about all being a process! You don't have to do everything right away. If not comfortable praying in front of DH maybe try reading your Bible in front of him. Or, try changing something about your life that may be more "christian like" - KWIM? I know I try and be more submissive to DH or try and not get as frustrated at little things - stuff like that that DH can maybe notice in you. Hope I'm making sense. Mainly just try and hang in there and know that God is always there for you!! HUGE HUGS!!! Praying is always good and over time I'm sure with God's help and hopefully your hubby understanding the 'Christian Life' you'll be able to pray in front of him but right now focus on something else that you feel comfy with doing and it'll all come together in God's time.

Praying that you find a good church to call "home" and a good christian friend for you and especially your DH! It's sometimes hard to not want things right away but I know in time God will find a great church for you all. Hope that His time is soon! Hang in there mama - you're doing great just praying and reading your Bible and wanting to find a church. Trust God and things will come together!
Babymakes8 likes this.
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6
August 7th, 2012, 06:52 PM
Thanks, momie2b!

I hadn't read your post until now, so I'm kind of chuckling because when we sat down for dinner, I announced to my husband and the children that I was going to say the prayer tonight. I asked my DH if we could all hold hands, and we did, and I did! it felt liberating! Ok maybe not a good way to describe it, but at first I felt self conscience, and then I didn't. I was just relaxed. It was also a short prayer, but it's a start, right?
CalledBlessed likes this.

August 7th, 2012, 08:57 PM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wanted to add my and say that I'm so glad to hear you were able to pray together at dinner tonight. It is a great start. The Lord will reward that.

I'm Anna btw. Wife to Rick and mamma to 4 beautiful girls. Meagan is 16, Abbey's 14, Kayla's 9 and Ellie is 6. I'm so glad you're here and I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

I'll be praying you find a wonderful church for you and your family and that you are all blessed with wonderful Christian friends who will lift you up and encourage you in your faith. In the meantime, you can always post in here.

August 8th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yay!! Praying in front of your family at dinner time is a HUGE step! Happy for you to have the courage to do so! God works wonders and gives you the strength you didn't know you had!
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6
August 8th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babymakes8 View Post
Thanks, momie2b!

I hadn't read your post until now, so I'm kind of chuckling because when we sat down for dinner, I announced to my husband and the children that I was going to say the prayer tonight. I asked my DH if we could all hold hands, and we did, and I did! it felt liberating! Ok maybe not a good way to describe it, but at first I felt self conscience, and then I didn't. I was just relaxed. It was also a short prayer, but it's a start, right?
That is so awesome....Hey God never asked for perfect.He just loves your heart....
aect-mama likes this.
:mommyDeAnna 7/28 Whitney 4/7 Naomi 6/24 Katerina 1/27 Gracie 5/25 Magdalina 6/8Berachiah 6/8 Peter 2/20 Deanna 19,whitney 15,Naomi 13,Katerina 8,Gracie 7,Magdalina 5,Berachiah 3,Peter 4 months and counting.
August 10th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Today I've felt like Satan is trying to discourage me. He's probably mad that I'm working so hard to repair my relationship with Christ.

August 11th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Veteran
Whatever you do just keep going...You are probably right if that is what you are feeling...Just stay close to God and like he says in his word everything else will be taken care of..He never said it would be easy....but he also said he would never leave youkeep fighting Girl!!!
August 11th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Super Mommy
Just wanted to add my welcome and say that I'm praying for you. I hope you find a wonderful church family and lots of Christian friends.

I think the fact that you even recognize that it's Satan trying to discourage you is a huge deal. Satan is the great deceiver. But since you know it's him you can fight back. Tell him to "bug off!" Ask the Lord to guard your heart and mind from Satan's lies. Spend some time reading scripture and in prayer today. Ask God to remind you of His presence and His strength.

((HUGS))

I'm Audrey btw Looking forward to getting to know you.
Babymakes8 and CalledBlessed like this.
~Mother of Miracles

August 11th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Thank you, Audrey.

I never thought of it being any deal if one recognizes Satan as causing problems. I know he's never happy with anyone coming into God's Kingdom. I also believe he (satan) only has power over us if we give it to him. I refuse to give him any room anymore. I'll admit that my guard has been down in the past, but lately I've been trying to remember to dress myself in the full armor of God before starting each day.

I really appreciate you ladies keeping us in your prayers, and your encouragement. I cannot fully express how grateful I am for the support, especially right now. Thank you so so much!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search