Aminals in Heaven ???

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By 2Corinthians10:4
  • 1 Post By momie2b9-20-11
  • 1 Post By Buggymom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 20th, 2012, 09:32 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Is there animals in heaven ? What are your thoughts ?

Thank You tasha_mae

August 20th, 2012, 09:51 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, in my opinion there are. Isaiah 11:6 reads "The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, the leopard shall lie down with the goat, the calf and the young lion and the fatling together, and a little child shall lead them" when describing the new heavens and the new earth.
nurselochia likes this.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

August 21st, 2012, 09:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
To be honest I didn't really believe that there were, I was always taught that animals don't have souls, therefore they couldn't go to heaven... But I've recently considered if this may be false, oddly enough based on the book Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo. His son has a heavenly experience, and describes the animals he sees there. I don't know for sure if the book was truth or not (they claim it is), but it was such an amazing, beautiful story! He describes all kinds of animals in Heaven. I guess the fact is I don't know. But I would sure love it if there was!
August 21st, 2012, 05:21 PM
Veteran
I never believed there would be because animals don't have souls but I never read that verse that was quoted in Isaiah like that. Alot of things in the Bible aren't literal so maybe that verse is one of them though.
August 21st, 2012, 07:32 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes but in revelation when John had his vision he also saw animals in heaven. He explained that the Army's of Christ would ride white horses, etc. (Revelation 19:14).

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

August 23rd, 2012, 09:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I've always wondered this also but these verses bring new light on the matter. I think if there are animals in heaven they will be some God puts there not our animals here on Earth that die. Like our dog died and I don't think she went to heaven because of no soul but there may be animals that God had from the beginning in heaven.
mamato4andc likes this.
Baby #2 is on the way!!
August 23rd, 2012, 10:47 AM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope so!
momie2b9-20-11 likes this.

August 24th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I really don't know for sure, but I think it's okay to believe that there could be.
August 25th, 2012, 07:23 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
I have always told my children there is, so I guess I think there is.

Thank You tasha_mae

August 30th, 2012, 08:43 AM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just jumping in here....there are certainly animals in heaven because the Bible speaks of them in many places. They just aren't "our" animals because as many others mentioned they do not have souls.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

September 6th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to virtuous
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Corinthians10:4 View Post
Yes, in my opinion there are. Isaiah 11:6 reads "The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, the leopard shall lie down with the goat, the calf and the young lion and the fatling together, and a little child shall lead them" when describing the new heavens and the new earth.
My husband & church say NO. I just accept it as hard as it is to do so. I could show the verse to my husband (not the preacher because that would be wrong) who believes otherwise & he would still say NO.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search