Any Preppers

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 6th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to virtuous
I am a prepper for food. I go way overboard. I feel like I can never have too many canned goods & dry goods. The pantry is very well stocked but I need to do more than what I am. I need to put more of my time into this area. This is my job as a food prepper. My husband says other things are not as important. I have a certain allotted amount in cash to purchase food. The stock up always comes out of the food cash. I have always cooked & baked from scratch. All of this prepping stresses me out to the max. It is very difficult to be content with his response so I just keep silent. I want out of the area we are in very badly. It is not a bad place to live but I want out before it is too late. My husband does not prep for food & is not concerned over this fact. Food is not his main concern so he preps for something else. He also feels couponing is a waste of time so I am not to do this. Any other preppers?
September 6th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
I grow a garden and can the veggie, My tomatos are sjust starting to ripen.

September 7th, 2012, 08:49 AM
I feel a really bad need to buy as much canned, dry, & jarred foods as I can. I need to really stockpile the food & goods fast before it is too late. I stew each month about this. I am a good bargain shopper but it never seems to be good enough. It will be my fault if I do not do enough for the hard years to come. I think about this quite a lot. It is so, so depressing. I am not looking forward to any of this.

Last edited by virtuous; September 7th, 2012 at 08:54 AM.
September 7th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countrymom4 View Post
I grow a garden and can the veggie, My tomatos are sjust starting to ripen.
I can everything our gardens produce. Not for fun but out of necessity. Have to preserve all our food whether it is store bought or grown.
September 7th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Hoarding excess food is excellent. Keep it up. Why use coupons when you can spend your husbands hard earned money to support large multimillon dollar businesses. Keep doing what you are doing virtious girl.
September 7th, 2012, 07:34 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Too late for what?

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

September 7th, 2012, 08:58 PM
jeweluv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So GOD wants us to live in excess? To fear the future, which we are not in control of and that no MAN SHOULD EVER BE MADE AWARE OF? This again, could not be anymoer opposite. GOD wants us to trust and if you are prepping than you are not trusting. Believe me I fear oftenof many things, but I know that this is also me not trusting.

I don't prep at all but I love to cook and my mom has got an outrageous garden that I love to go "shopping in." =) I like to cook, freeze, and save for rainy days.....my mom and I are learning to can so that we can preserve veggies from the summer crop into the winter.

Lee and Erica by Jadelm, on Flickr
September 7th, 2012, 09:17 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
To answer my own question I am guessing you mean prepping for the end of the world or something? If that is the case I agree with Jewel here, God did not give us a spirit of fear (2 Timothy 1:7) and instead we should find comfort in the fact that he has a plan and whatever that plan is we will inevitably end up with him in heaven since we believe in him and know him.

On another note I also like to garden and can, but it is more because it is a cheaper (and healthier) way to feed my family throughout the year-and since we just moved to a very HCOL area every penny saved counts. I am actually hoping to get my garden bed built this weekend and then buy the dirt for it next weekend. One good thing about Hawaii is that it's growing season all year long

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search