Dr.s Yes Or No

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By mamaginger
  • 1 Post By Briar08
  • 1 Post By jeweluv
  • 1 Post By Briar08

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 7th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to virtuous
I do not go to dr.s. not even female ones. I do not do yearly checkups. No eye dr.s or dentists. Growing up I always went for checkups & dentist. Always. I have a minor condition that I have been dealing with since I was in middle school & always saw the dr. for that until I reached adulthood. Then I stopped. I feel that most of the drugs are not good for you or help at the time but mess you up later on down the line. Same with vaccines. JMO. I have some minor issues that I just deal with. I have to. It is sometimes painful & frustrating but it is better than the alternatives I mentioned. Again, JMO. For example I dealt with my shingles for a few months by doing nothing but cover them as needed & used some herbal treatments. My husband did not think it was a big deal. He never asked about them or how I felt after he found out. We never talked about them after that time because the subject never came up. I dealt with the pain. It took longer to go away but they did. I never had shingles ever but I guess the stress of everything in my life did me in for shingles. Or maybe God used shingles to discipline me. Maybe he is using all my issues to discipline me. Maybe I am not living correctly or not being submissive enough to Him or my husband. I am extremely submissive & obey so I am not sure how much more I can be. I hear that God will discipline us by sending sickness, death, & even good trials our way at my church when other people have issues. I also deal with chronic pain that I have had since before I married. It is very irritating but I just deal with it. Most days I feel other things but I just stuff those feelings down. Been doing that since I was a child too. I was taught NEVER to speak of your feelings & my husband is not into that unless you can fix it in a few minutes. Lol so, I just keep to myself. My husband never asks about the chronic pain (he does not know about all of it) or my feelings so I say nothing. Men do not want to hear such complaints. They have so much to deal eith. Why add to his pressures? I learned in the past that he does not want to hear it. He is just that way. If I said anything it would be very wrong. Suffering in silence is better be it a health issue, chronic pain, or feelings. It is silly to feel the way I do. I find that I no longer like doing much anymore & I see this as God changing my heart. To give up those things that were fun to being more serious. My feelings are not special, useful, or important. Joy & happiness is overrated in the world. I used to be very positive & motivated in the past before marriage. I now see how wrong I was. I do not see much joy or happiness anywhere. I reflect back to my past when I did & see just how wrong my thinking was. That is just how I deal with things. I do not let anyone know what these issues are except here for the first time since I am curious. Lol My husband is very positive I guess. He is very outgoing unlike me. I used to be very sociable. I do not have much to offer anyone else or anywhere for that matter. Lol

Last edited by virtuous; September 7th, 2012 at 10:13 AM.
September 7th, 2012, 12:44 PM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So what would this "husband" think of all these Internet posts about him????
jeweluv likes this.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

September 7th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Gee, I guess my severely disabled daughter has been less then God fearing or obeying if God uses medical conditions to teach us lessons about how to live a Godly life.

Tho I kinda think God gives us tools that we use to deal with things that happen to humans. We are flesh and blood and fallable, are we not? No matter how Godly of a life we live.

A great tool is love and faith in our partners. The ability to be stripped bare and open to those who love us ..like our husbands.
jeweluv likes this.

Mykelti James 01.21.13
September 7th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Absolutely no drs. Are you nuts? We all deserve the illness we get. They are God given after all. Drs are the DEVILS work trying to heal us from the pain and sickness we all deserve .
September 7th, 2012, 06:16 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OP reading your post I feel very sad for you. While I have been told that if all we ever want in life is happiness and are continuously searching for it we will never find it, that's because we will always be looking for it and never take the time to find happiness in the present and count the blessings right in front of us. I still do think we are supposed to be happy. God doesn't want us to be miserable, he wants us to find happiness in him and the things that he has given us.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

September 7th, 2012, 07:51 PM
jeweluv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, I am married to a doctor and although we are very different, I think I have a sense of where faith and GOD fits in.

Knowing JESUS and what he actually did IF YOU REALLY know the basics, he died for us as a sacrifice so that we would not be punished through floods, famine, etc , etc. Yes, this life is full of disease, tragedy, and other things but these things are not from GOD, they are manifested from our sinful world and the nature of the human experience; which is not perfect. Yes, GOD may try to teach you something through a struggle, just as a parent might through a "time out" etc......but GOD does not abuse us and force misery on us. If someone is born with an illness or disorder or something happens in life that is tough, GOD is the one that if we turn to, will see us through. He does not promise a pain free and perfect life, but he does promise he will never forsake us. If you were being punished it would make no sense.

As Briar08 said, she has a daughter with special needs...children are born innocent, what would she be puinshed for? Also, if we really ALL go what we deserved than we would not be human. GOD knows our nature. He has said in scripture "Forgive them father for they know not what they do." GOD wanted and WANTS us to have that perfect life....although we can have it after we die, if we accept him as the sacrifice, as his children, he wants us to be happy and while we are here, although we will have pain and struggle, he wants us to know he still loves us and will walk with us til' the next juncture.

Many people have diseases, disorders, etc and there is no way that this means they have done something to deserve it more than anyone else. Unfortunately this world is full of imperfection but with all these imperfections comes the choice of how we want to see things.

So, someone with a child with special needs like Briar08, can think it is unfair ...which is totally normal, but this doesn't mean her daughter isn't perfectly made in imperfection; just like everyone.

I have a debilitating anxiety disorder...OCD, and it has trampled me since I was 5. In all honesty it has led me down many dark paths such as an eating disorder. Know what's ironic? As painful as Anorexia was for me 12 years ago, I am grateful for it because in my greatest moments of despair, I think I found him....=)) Who else was I to turn to?

GOD wants us to have fellowship with him and each other. He made us with the instinct to coexist. If anything, it is UN-BIBLICAL, to live a life of solidarity. Not that it is necessarily a sin, but the bible tells us just as these ladies said.......he wants us to bear one another's burdens.......how can one truly show the Christian way and giving life if he/she is not actively engaging and being loving in another person's life?

Again, from a woman to a woman. I was in a relationship that was unhealthy. This sounds unhealthy and this does not depict what GOD wants. If for any reason you are doubting what we are telling you and feel that your husband knows better, well...all you have to do is crack open your bible and read for yourself. I'm sure your Christian husband would LOVE to see you reading your bible =))
2Corinthians10:4 likes this.

Lee and Erica by Jadelm, on Flickr
September 8th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Just to clarify..I dont think God was unfair giving me a SN child. I love that I am blessed with this miracle child that I get to see progress on very very different levels then her peers. She is very much perfect.

I dont beleive, as the OP suggested, her disability is a punishment from high up. It it what it is and we can choose to grow and learn and make this our new normal...or we can rail and scream and lose the oppertunity to grow.
jeweluv likes this.

Mykelti James 01.21.13
September 8th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Veteran
I think people that come to the group to start problems need to be blocked.....
September 8th, 2012, 12:24 PM
jeweluv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
BRIAR08....I hope you know that I don't think it is unfair....I was just saying that if someone experienced these emotions they would be normal.

I happen to think that we all have impairments, just some are more visable then others. I might walk perfectly but on the inside my walk is very disturbed. lol......darn that OCD! Your daughter is perfect and I'm sure she brings so much joy to both you and the world. You must be so proud of her and it sure take a strong and courageous person to meet milestones that might be a little more challenging. All of our bodies have struggles, but it is our hearts that get us saved =)))) xoxoxoxo!!!!!!!!!!

Lee and Erica by Jadelm, on Flickr

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search