how was your week ?

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 2Corinthians10:4
  • 1 Post By crunchywannabe

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 7th, 2012, 09:28 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
What all happened this weeks for you ?

This was a big week for us, public school started and we started homeschooling too, drove 5 hrs away with the girls for a get away and to visit my grandmother. Chased the cattle home from pasture, still canning and sports have started. Now to get into the swing of things.

Thank You tasha_mae

September 7th, 2012, 09:30 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It was pretty good. We are still trying to get into a routine. I am just ready to have this house organized and make it feel like home.
Countrymom4 likes this.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

September 8th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I drove an hour to the closest city for breakfast with a good friend and her daughter yesterday, it was such a treat! (she made waffles with sauce!)!

Last night DH and I attended our first Bible study out here! It was great! I am so excited to finally be making some Christian connections! I was even invited to a church service on Sunday (all the churches in the area are getting together for a big service!)

Its been a great week! But I have so much to do today! Time to get moving!
Countrymom4 likes this.
September 8th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Back to school for us too, but it's been nice that none of our activities have started yet

I had a friend over for coffee tuesday, went to the city on wednesday, and on thursday I just didn't know what to do with myself with the kids gone. Don't get me wrong, there was PLENTY to do, but I ended up watching a movie I got over it, and friday I got tons done.
September 8th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We got to go out for dinner last night at our favorite mexican restaurant so that was nice. I had a taco, 2 enchilladas, rice, and plenty of chips and salsa (I finished every bite!).

Before the little one got out of school Friday I went to the store and got a few things we needed.

We are looking foward to church tomorrow. (The little one was sick last week so we missed going)

It's been a pretty good week. Today we have no plans...I just need to do a little cleaning. It's a great day to go outside! Getting ready to make some lunch first.

September 8th, 2012, 12:44 PM
jeweluv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My Evyn started pre-school 3 days a week, for 2.5 hours each. I have mixed feelings. We cannot afford private school so she will have to go public. The school are good around here but I see how fast little girls grow up today and how children are expected and exposed to things I think their sweet little hearts should be safe from for a while. I really would consider homeschooling but my dh is so against it. Even when I present him with good evidence. He is kind of that type of person. I encourage him to open up his mind but this is not an easy thing for him. I'm raying the LORD will help our family find what is best.

Very personal, but my dh got in a fight with his daughter who is 11. He is an EXCELLENT FATHER, very affectionate and loving, and all around very fair...I think. He did say some things to her in front of me, on the heels of her refusing to watch the young girls while he ran out, thast I feel was way over the line. He was wrong and I told him so. As I've mentioned before he has a sharp tongue. The good thing is that he realizes this and WANTS to change it. He is trying but I pray for his heart. Anyway, that was a stressful situation. I love my step DAUGHTER soooo very much and am so grateful for her in my life. We have a very special bond so I sort of defended her without undermining my husband.

Dh's ex is also a doctor. It's kind of frustrating bc we literally have 50/50 custody. shared time!!! They live here and there. I pick them up from school 3 days a week, take them to extra curriculars, make dinner, help with homework, etc...and they are also here every other weekend. They have two equal homes. Yet, we pay thousands of dollars in child support EVERY months and that doesn't include splittle extra curriclars, prescriptions, health insurance, birthday parties which are tacked on at the end of every month. Even 20$ co-payas, she will charge us 10$ It is so unfair because child support was really instituted so that the financial burden would not fall mostly on one parent. In our situation, it is completey 50/50 so I feel that know one should be paying child support. She also is a doctor and they make equivalent salaries. (so, same quality life in each home) Well, I actually contacted a lawyer bc I thought this agreement was so un fair, he agreed, but said because DH had agreed to it, there is no real reason to open up the case now. So...needless to say there is always fighting about money. DH pays the child support, even thoguh they actually are with us/ME more than anyone............without complaining, as wel as all the extras. He refused one this month and all hell is beraking loose. =(( I want to see the good in everyone and forgive and pray for her, but she makes it hard!!

Today my babies both have colds =(((

Lee and Erica by Jadelm, on Flickr
September 8th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It has been a busy week here I had to travel for work Wed-Fri, which I only have to do a few times a year, but I still hate leaving the kids. DH is so good with them, and I know that really it is only a few extra awake hours a day for him, since I am at work everyday anyway, but I know how much he values the break he gets when I am home ... and I really value the time I do get with them. Luckily they were very good for him and he only had one quick wake-up those 2 nights (They are mine if they wake up at night also, so that he can get a good nights sleep. The last time I went out of town they hadn't been sleeping well and that was miserable for him, so I was SOO thankful that went well this week).
Aside from that we are all trying to get over a cold. I just had a bit of a cough left when I went out of town and DH and Abigail had stopped coughing all together. Well, when I got back Friday, they were both coughing again also .. ugh. It is just a deep chest congestion kind of cough. Not constant enough to really be worrying that it is anything more, but just enough to be annoying. Thankfully Noah hasn't caught it.

Psalm 139:9-10
]
September 8th, 2012, 08:32 PM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's been a nice week at home mostly. We are homeschooling this year and getting ready for vacation next week. Trying to get it all done before we go. Our town has a local festival this weekend with all kinds of food and home made crafts. We went to that yesterday and just hung out at home today (even did school since we skipped it yesterday!) Church in the morning...all three services (I'm in the choir) then two days of work and off to the beach!! DH starts a "new" job when we get back!

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search