Schools Ban words

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By crunchywannabe

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
New York city schools want to ban 'loaded words' from tests – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

What do you tihink ?

September 13th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
BLAH! It personally kills me to think that we have come to this as a society. It feels so torn. We live in a place currently obsessed with sex, vulgarity, and sin. Yet at the same time we flip out over the chance we may be offending someone!!! Really?!?! My personal thoughts on this is that if you are worried that the word Dinosaur, or Hurricane are going to wind up being talked about in school, don't send your kid to school! Homeschool them! Where you can essentially expose them to whatever you'd like and protect them from such horrible, insensitivity!
Its a tough world we live in.. and gasp, there are cases of Divorce... statistically there is a good chance their own parents are divorced! Natural disasters take lives, and ruin homes, and it goes on and on! That is the world we live in! What a rude awakening these poor, innocent children will get when they hit the real world, completely unprepared!
I'm a little surprised they stopped at 50! I mean, what about kids afraid of water... shouldn't we ban the word Water, because it could be considered offensive to those who can't touch it... or my have once heard a story of a man who died drowning in water?
I guess my point is, that I find it ridiculous that there are people who choose to be offended by every little thing. If something offends you, walk away. Change your surroundings, choose to ignore it. Act like the adult you are instead of crying and whining about how awful everyone else is, and demanding that they all change! You change! Sometimes I think we need to put on our big girl panties and just suck it up!
mamma_anna likes this.
September 13th, 2012, 11:16 AM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OH GIVE ME A BREAK!!! This is just absurd! Honestly I thought it was a joke at first. Just one of the many reasons my girls will never go to public school. If we ever have to leave their private school I will be homeschooling them precisely so that they WILL be exposed to the real world and learn a healthy respect for, not fear of peoples differences.

September 13th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh boy...walking on eggshells while writing tests. What a waste of time! They don't hesitate to teach the Theory of Evolution yet they are afraid to use the word dinosaur on a test. Honestly, I don't think kids really care and grown ups need to step in and use any given offense as a teaching moment instead of getting upset. With any situation as a parent you guide your child.

September 25th, 2012, 08:49 PM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm surprised they care about upsetting christians...that's a new one! Usually it's...be tolerant to ALL...oh except for Christians...we can be hateful and accuse them of all kinds of things.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search