PLEASE pray right now (very sick baby mentioned)

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By mamma_anna

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2012, 04:04 PM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A friend from my old birth club, Mellissa, just had a baby girl named Seraphina 4 days ago. Everything seemed fine and normal until yesterday when she wouldnt wake or cry to eat. Mellissa took her to the dr. where they tried to draw blood but when the nurse stuck her arm and couldn't find a vein, the baby immediately stopped crying, went limp and turned cold and blue. Medical people rushed in and were able to rouse the baby where they then rushed her to the ER. She's now in ICU and has remained unresponsive except for once to cry and eat. No one knows what is wrong or what has caused this and the parents are naturally very distraught. Please pray for this family and baby Seraphina.

I know this is upsetting. I'm pregnant with a baby girl so it's frightening and disturbing to me but I need y'all to pray.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

September 16th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Praying for her!

Psalm 139:9-10
]
September 16th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Praying for her too!

September 16th, 2012, 09:44 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
praying

September 17th, 2012, 07:24 AM
Keep praying. They've moved her to a special children's icu. She has shown some good signs but they still don't know what's wrong. The Drs think she may have a spinal infection but can't get any fluid to test right now.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

September 17th, 2012, 11:49 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am praying for the baby and her family. I hope the doctors find out what's wrong soon so they can see how to treat it!

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

September 17th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Update from today on baby Seraphina:

Seraphina's large gestational weight caused her to have blood sugar issues- which were documented when she was born and her first days at the hospital. Seraphina's blood sugar, combined with an infection of some kind (still unknown- spinal tap will reveal if it is possibly meningitis) most likely caused her to act lethargic and stopped her desire to eat. Her blood sugar and infection, in addition to the stresses of the blood-work taken on the day we took her to the doctor, caused her system to shut down for a short period of time. Antibiotics are the treatment plan, doctors are currently in disagreement on length of time (it has been suggested 2-17 days more) but most seem to agree that 7-10 day treatment should be safe.

September 18th, 2012, 11:02 AM
jeweluv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
just seeing this now, will pray...but thank god they have some answers!! so scary
=(

Lee and Erica by Jadelm, on Flickr
September 18th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry. I will be praying for her.

Mykelti James 01.21.13
September 18th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Praying! Hope she is better soon!

September 18th, 2012, 04:41 PM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just seeing this now. How scarry! Praying for full recovery for baby Seraphina and peace for her family!
jeweluv and momie2b9-20-11 like this.

September 19th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Just now seeing this post. How sad!!! Praying that baby Seraphina does well with the treatment and that she makes a full recovery!
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

September 19th, 2012, 09:33 PM
They think it was some type of bacterial infection now. I think she may have come home today!! I haven't gotten another update from the momma since Monday.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search