Why is .......

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By mamma_anna
  • 2 Post By jeweluv
  • 1 Post By mamaginger

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Weight such a issue for women ?
Faith so hard to hold, but the best feeling in the world ?
The house always a mess ?

Thank You tasha_mae

September 26th, 2012, 11:40 AM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Weight such a issue for women ? because we're always so busy taking care of everyone else, we don't have the motivation/time/energy/etc to take care of ourselves. And for me there's the sweet tooth factor. I needs me some sugar! (I really do eat pretty healthy) Also the worldly culture puts a value on a certain image that's just not realistic. Magazine pictures are air brushed, fashion models are so skinny their unhealthy. I could go on but you get the point.
Faith so hard to hold, but the best feeling in the world ? It's hard because we let stuff get in the way. We make other things more important than Jesus. We all do this because we're all imperfect humans. It's the best feeling in the world because Jesus loves us anyway. His love is perfect. Nothing could be better!
The house always a mess ? This one's easy - We have kids (and husbands) and not enough hours in the day!
Countrymom4 and jeweluv like this.

September 27th, 2012, 08:38 PM
jeweluv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
FIRST OFF...great queastions!

Weight such a issue for women ? Because in actuality, our bodies are not made to look the way they are forced to look on tv or magazines. A woman is "supposed" to have larger hips/midsection for supporting a pregnancy.....GOD intended our bodies that way. Our sinful world has tamed and molded them into what we see is beautiful but it is not what they are meant to look like. It's like asking a Chihuahuah to look like a Saint Bernard. As someone who struggled with Anorexia, which is actually less about image then you think, I can say I learned so much about what is done to women starting so young. It's so sad. I know I prob couldn't handle 19 pregnancies unless the LORD wanted me to, but i always think about 19 kids and counting. Her body must not be "perfect" after all those children and yet it is perfect because, like all of us mom, we have created something perfect with it. =))) When I was preg with both my dd's I gained 45+ pounds which given my history, was a little nervewracking. Everytime I started to feel down about myself it would help if I thought about the life inside me and how I would give all of my body if it meant creating my children. BRING ON THE SADDLE BAGS...lol, my children are worth it!! lolol.
Faith so hard to hold, but the best feeling in the world ? So funny bc my bff and I, the one who witnessed to me, talk about this often. We always say that when we are walking with the LORD and in those moments of such strong faith, that we feel invincible and like the weight of the world is off our shoulers; as our LORD wants it to be. Somehow, bc of our nature and the nature of this world, we fall off. I know when I do I always feel in this desperate scaramble to "get back" and sometimes I can right away and others it takes a little while but when it does it's like "AHHHHHHH."

The house always a mess ? LOL we have so many people under one roof with so many needs and none who care about the house being as clean as we do! So, since they don't necessarily care as much and aren't as dilligent, they leave stuff around and we are left to pick up the pieces according to our plans of clean. Drives me crazy..hahaha! I think women nest even when they are not preg. I think it's in our nature. I can't sleep or relax if the dishes aren't done or things aren't a certain way. I know these things are trivial but lol, they make me feel so much better....haha
Countrymom4 and mamaginger like this.

Lee and Erica by Jadelm, on Flickr

Last edited by jeweluv; September 27th, 2012 at 08:41 PM.
September 28th, 2012, 01:35 PM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was actually going to say the same thing as Erica. We aren't MEANT to look the way America wants us to look. I know that health problems come from being over a certain weight (depending on height) so I know that's not God's plan for us. But I know God's plan is NOT for me to be 120 pounds and a size 4...like society would expect me to be in order to be considered "beautiful." When I was my smallest (115 lbs)...I was so sickly and unhappy and completely obsessed with my looks. It was miserable. I didn't even look good. I looked sick. Id definitely like to be 10-15 lbs lighter than my pre-preg weight. Maybe after this baby is born I'll have a burst of motivation. lol

Faith is hard to hold onto because we are human. We have human brains. Everything has a beginning and an end. Everything has to be scientifically proven or it's not real. Everything has to be humanly possible or it can't be true. Plus, we are constantly ridiculed for our faith....told that we are "weak" and need it as "a crutch." Or we are told that we are "brainwashed" by religion. Or we are just plain ignorant. Any educated, unbrainwashed human being would naturally be an atheist right??! LOL Wrong. I'm smart, educated and completely UNbrainwashed! I question things all the time. I research things all the time. I will even go argue with my Sunday School Teacher if something doesn't make sense to me (and he loves it...haha) I'm actually more likely to be doubtful and distrustful of a pastor or preacher than most people probably are. I've been hurt by pastors (well...their wives anyway) and churches. I've SEEN crazy. I digress..... next question.. ;o)

The house is always a mess because nobody picks up after themselves. Wow...that was easy. haha
jeweluv likes this.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search