I have an idea....

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2012, 01:35 PM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I saw one of the other boards here that I used to post in do a Mom of the Week thread to help them all get to know each other better. I just lurked to read them and it looked like they really enjoyed it. I thought it would be really fun to do one here. I'd love to get to know you all better.

How it worked was each person was assigned a week to do their posts and each day of the week was for a specific topic/time period. You write a little about yourself each day based on the topic and then the rest of us can ask questions or make comments. Then the next week it would start over with the next person. You could write it all out ahead of time if you wanted or just day by day. Whatever works best for you. And of course it goes without saying, you only share what you feel comfortable with, no more no less.

I think their schedule looked something like this:

Monday - Your childhood through pre-married life (growing up, parents/siblings, going to college or starting a career, etc)

Tuesday - Your love story (a little intro on your dh/so, how you met and fell in love, what marriage is like for you, etc)

Wednesday - Your children (a little intro for each one and maybe some background on how they came to you, etc or if you don't have kids yet, what you're hoping for or something else about your family/personal life)

Thursday & Friday they left open for Q&A or for people to catch up if they missed a day. But it seemed like they were all asking questions throughout the week so it was really over by Wednesday most of the time. I thought since we're a smaller group maybe we could add something for Thursday. Maybe hobbies and personal interests, or since it's a Christian parenting board maybe something about your relationship with Jesus, church life, etc.

What do ya'll think? Would you want to do this?

September 26th, 2012, 05:51 PM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oooh! Yeah!!

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

September 26th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
That sounds like fun !!

September 27th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i like it!

September 27th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Yay! Maybe we could start in October??

Chrystal, do you mind if I just get it started with a sign up thread? I don't mean to be stepping on your toes as our wonderful host.

September 27th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Not at all Anna, I don't mind. I have been having a hard time keeping up as it is

September 27th, 2012, 09:27 PM
jeweluv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
GREAT IDEA....=)) let's do it....

Lee and Erica by Jadelm, on Flickr
September 28th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think it'd be fun!!
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

September 28th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Just posted the sign up!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic