October's Never ending thread

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 10th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow - how did all the after school activities go?

I'd choose a new dress over a cat. I'm not a huge fan of cats. But, Kynslee is - now that she knows a cat says meow she goes around the house and says it. This morning I go into her room to get her from her crib and she says Hi and then meow meow She loves animals and knows dog, cat, and cow as far as noises go. She's learning so much and seems to be talking more and more - even if just jabbering.

How's everyone's week so far?
October 10th, 2012, 01:11 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh I am usually not a cat person, but I swear my cat is more dog than cat so we get along pretty well. She likes to roll over and have her belly scratched lol.
jeweluv likes this.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

October 10th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Can I please ask for a quick prayer. Nothing serious but as most of you know I am in school (will graduate in May, woohoo), and the class I am in now requires me to do 15 observation hours before the end of October. Well I was supposed to do them in a Title 1 school and last week was Fall break so the week before that I contacted all the Title 1 schools close to me to see if I could do my observations there (three schools). Not one of them could fit me in, well two said no and one said I could go up there and try to catch the principle since they won't call me back. I stay at home with no car so that's not an option. I contacted my teacher that week to ask if I could go to non-Title 1 schools because of the situation. It took her 4 days to get back to me (and it was already Fall break by then) so I am just now contacting other schools this week. I have contacted 3 more schools since yesterday, one said no and the other two said they would call me back. Can you please pray that someone contacts me today and that I can do these observations soon. I am getting desperate and I do not want this to affect my grades.

October 10th, 2012, 07:32 PM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Corinthians10:4 View Post
Can I please ask for a quick prayer. Nothing serious but as most of you know I am in school (will graduate in May, woohoo), and the class I am in now requires me to do 15 observation hours before the end of October. Well I was supposed to do them in a Title 1 school and last week was Fall break so the week before that I contacted all the Title 1 schools close to me to see if I could do my observations there (three schools). Not one of them could fit me in, well two said no and one said I could go up there and try to catch the principle since they won't call me back. I stay at home with no car so that's not an option. I contacted my teacher that week to ask if I could go to non-Title 1 schools because of the situation. It took her 4 days to get back to me (and it was already Fall break by then) so I am just now contacting other schools this week. I have contacted 3 more schools since yesterday, one said no and the other two said they would call me back. Can you please pray that someone contacts me today and that I can do these observations soon. I am getting desperate and I do not want this to affect my grades.
I thought colleges usually set up certain schools for all their students??? I'm assuming you're doing student teaching?

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

October 11th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Prayers Meagan that you find a school soon! Hope someone calls you back and that you are able to get the hours you need done in plenty of time
October 11th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Ginger this isn't for my student teaching, it's just for observations. The school does set up my student teaching but since it is a brick and mortar school (Grand Canyon University) that just happens to offer a few degrees online, they do not have enough manpower to set up both our observations and our student teaching. I never had a problem setting up observations before though, in both California and Texas the first school I called said yes.

No one called me back yesterday. I am calling one more school near me today and then I am going to call another school 30 minutes away. I know I can do them with that school since my friends son goes there and I talked to his teacher already. I am just praying I can get in some time next week and get them over with.
mamaginger likes this.

October 11th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'll be praying for you Megan!

Catching up on this thread! I actually know the Author from the book I am Hutterite! She is good friends with my Aunt. It's been really hard for her because a lot of colonies are not impressed with the book. I've always found Hutterites to be sweet people, and have spent lots of time on different colonies in our area (there must be hundreds in the province is seems)

My garden kinda bombed the past half of the summer, I started off strong, but it got a little neglected, and then never recovered... I still have to dig some pumpkins out from under the snow and see what damage was done!
jeweluv likes this.

October 11th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Well two very good things happened today. First one of the schools called me back and I am scheduled to do my observations (3 days next week, and 2 days the week after). Then I got a call from my doctor telling me my scrape and biopsy came back-both negative for any abnormalities. Wohoo!
jeweluv and mamaginger like this.

October 11th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
That is great news Meagan !!

Kalynn Iloved the book !! I look at hutterites differently. We have 2 colony close one we deal with lots on the farm, and the other one was known for being dirty and nasty(stealing...). I remember going to the colony with Dh when we were dating, the ladys were so excited their new kitchen was being built. They wanted me to see it soooo bad, I gave Dh a look like if you leave me in a kitchen with all these hutterites you will have something comming look . Now I would so love to see their kitchen and see the way they store, cook, bake.......
Shows you what age can do

Thank You tasha_mae

October 13th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Going to our neigbours 50th anniversary supperéparty tonight, so my IL are comming to babysit

Thank You tasha_mae

October 13th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
nice! Today is our best friend's wedding day!!! DH is the Best man, and I'm sitting at the head table but am not in the party because she has 2 sisters (they each have 2 people standing up with them)
They have been together for 2 weeks longer than dh and I, and we've been married for almost 6 years!

I know that in less than a year we won't be able to go out as often or easily, but I wish I felt better and could enjoy it more!

October 15th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchywannabe View Post
I know that in less than a year we won't be able to go out as often or easily, but I wish I felt better and could enjoy it more!
It will be different.

Tonight I have a Mommys meeting witht he homeschool group. I am excited !!

Thank You tasha_mae

October 18th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am going on a date with dh today. We're going to see Max Lucado (the author), and Robin Mark, I've seen him lots of times and really appreciate him as a worship leader. I'm excited about that, and going with dh, and just that dh and I are doing something together, it's been a really really long time.
Countrymom4 likes this.
October 18th, 2012, 08:41 AM
love Max Lucado !!! Have fun!!

Thank You tasha_mae

October 18th, 2012, 11:06 AM
I love Max Lucado too!! I had read ALL of his books up until a few years ago. I haven't read most of the new ones. I've got one on my Kindle now though!

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

October 20th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It was great to go on a date, between a farm and the kids we haven't spent a whole lot of time together in months. We didn't really have time, but we made time. I was a little disappointed that Robin Mark ended with only 1 song, but he was great, and Max Lucado was good too. Ironically I've never really gotten into any of his books, I have a few just because everyone else loves him. But I find with those kinds of books I have them lying on my shelf for ages and then I pick them up at just the right time.

The forecast didn't lie: it's snowing.
October 20th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Glad you have a good date night

We don't have snow yet by hubby is already itchy to snowmobile.

Thank You tasha_mae

October 20th, 2012, 09:37 AM
I want snow! The high is 84 here today

October 21st, 2012, 08:47 PM
Looking for bible program for the kids, anyone have a good one ?

Thank You tasha_mae

October 22nd, 2012, 08:23 AM
A homeschool friend of mine is using this:

Curriculum <----Link to "What's In the Bible?" Curriculum

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search