October's Never ending thread

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2012, 07:49 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Here is a thread to just chat in.

Today is so cold, rainly like and windy. This is normal weather for us. We have just been spoiled with warmer weather. They are calling for snow Thursday I think it's time to get the potato, carrots and onions.

October 2nd, 2012, 08:43 AM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's hot and humid here today. I'm really wanting to stay home and just do school and clean up but I've got to work this afternoon. I've got a Drs appt in the morning. It's my regular 4 wk visit but I should find out about lab results from my episode last week. I've been good since then. I did have one day of kinda high pulse just sitting in a chair and one day of high BP but all have been better the last few days.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

October 2nd, 2012, 10:35 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's supposed to be 86 here today, I don't think it ever gets much cooler than that here. Tomorrow I have to go to the doctor to get some tests done since I had some abnormal labs come back a few weeks ago. I don't want to go into details but can I please ask for prayers it all goes well?

Oh and Chrystal, did you get my PM about the the PP password?
mamaginger likes this.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

October 2nd, 2012, 12:35 PM
Meagan, I sent it back to you last night by email. I will message it to you again.

October 3rd, 2012, 11:42 AM
I was shopping at walmart and seen this book, thought it looked interesting, so bought it....... my nose has been stuck in it since It is I am Hutterite It is written by a x hutterite from Manitobia. It is really interesting how they live and their faith. We have 2 colony near by and have been to the one a number of times, but have not really understood the life.

October 3rd, 2012, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countrymom4 View Post
I was shopping at walmart and seen this book, thought it looked interesting, so bought it....... my nose has been stuck in it since It is I am Hutterite It is written by a x hutterite from Manitobia. It is really interesting how they live and their faith. We have 2 colony near by and have been to the one a number of times, but have not really understood the life.
What is a hutterite??

We have gypsies here. "Irish Travelers" is what they like to be called. We have a village nearby.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

October 3rd, 2012, 01:41 PM
Hutterites live in communitys, and farm together, garden together. Close to Amish, but they used machines and are very good farmers. I think alot of their faith is the same as Amish.
mamaginger likes this.

October 3rd, 2012, 02:47 PM
Back home we had Mennonites. They are kind of like Amish too, just a little less strict.

My doctor appointment is done and the biopsy has been sent. They only had to take one biopsy, which is good. Hopefully the results come back normal this time.

October 3rd, 2012, 10:13 PM
Thinking of you Meagna and praying !!

October 4th, 2012, 09:03 AM
So my brother has worked for us for the last 2 years....yesterday he quit because its too much stress He drives 10 mins to get here, we pay him $2500 a month every month if he works lots or none. And he goes home by 3 everyday so kind of frusterated.

October 4th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countrymom4 View Post
So my brother has worked for us for the last 2 years....yesterday he quit because its too much stress He drives 10 mins to get here, we pay him $2500 a month every month if he works lots or none. And he goes home by 3 everyday so kind of frusterated.
Wow...that sounds like a good deal! I wonder if it was just an "excuse?" Maybe he wants to do something else?

October 4th, 2012, 10:58 AM
We are thinking so Ginger, but It would have been nice to have a couple days notice. We are just getting into the busy time ;(

October 4th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Oh wow Chrystal I'm sorry, it sounds like it was a great deal and yes I think he definitely should have given notice. Have y'all already paid him for October?

Today is Dd's first day in her new 'big girl' gymnastics class. She is so excited that she was moved up from level 1 preschool to level 2 preschool lol. This means she will get to go in the big gym instead of the preschool room.

October 4th, 2012, 11:49 AM
That is exciting for Addisen !! And no we have not paid him yet for October.

I emptied my onions from my garden last night, So now to the carrots. I have ooodles of tomatoes still but i need more jars this is crazy how much spagetti and tomato soup we have
jeweluv likes this.

October 6th, 2012, 09:36 AM
I went for a massage yesterday for my lower back pain. Usually I feel fine after, but this time she tried another maggage by myhipbone in the front and wow am I sore. It released my muscle, but now my upper body is so stiff. Oh well maybe digging potatos today will help

October 6th, 2012, 10:17 AM
I hope you start feeling better, I am completely jealous of your garden btw! Well that and the fact that you live on a farm lol. I want a farm so bad, maybe someday though lol.

We had a good day yesterday going to a birthday party for a friends son (Addi loved it) and then heading out to shop a little. I went with the intention of buying a new dress and left with.....a cat . Dh has been wanting one for awhile and I went into the pet store to let Dd see the puppies. She is a beautiful cat and the most friendly cat I have ever seen. She loves Dd. Now hopefully when my dog gets here later this month they will get along lol.

October 6th, 2012, 03:28 PM
love it a dress or a cat

October 8th, 2012, 02:02 PM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd go for a cat over a new dress too!

Chrystal, how is your back today? Reading about all your veggies is giving me a craving for vegetable stew and cornbread.

Girls all have a ton of homework to do. Good thing we didn't have any plans for this evening.

October 8th, 2012, 08:53 PM
My back is better Anna!

Today I made another batch of tomato soup Getting kind of tired of canning. But I have a couple more batches of tomatos and have a fridge full of apples to do something with.

We made potato pancakes this weekend yummmmmmmmmmm. We always make them when we dig the potatos.

October 9th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I read the book "I am hutterite" too, very interesting. We have a colony nearby.

I'd pick a new dress many times over a new cat

Today is a family first. Eight after school activities, but it will be fine, might as well get it all over in one day.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search