Going to Be MIA for A few days

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 3rd, 2012, 07:41 PM
jeweluv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My in laws are coming up from Florida and they are 60 going on 20 so I'm sure by Monday I will be half dead. If anyone has any specific prayers they are in need of please tell
Me so I can take some time everyday to pray for you. I know my prayers are nothing special but sometimes it's the least or most you can do. .

My in laws are Jewish and do not fully know of my faith. When I married my dh I dabbled in JUdiasm and since Ben have obviously taken a major turn. I've never come out and told them for many reasons. I'm kind of ashamed. My in laws do not associate with anyone that is not Jewish. Even though thy never speak of this it is clear. They greatly disliked dh's ex wife and although she is a nasty person I believe it was in part bc she is not Jewish. I fear conflict and people not liking me and know this is pathetic and yet I'm terrified of my in laws being at odds with me. I know I have GOD to answer to and that is most important but at the same time this is a struggle for me. Not to mention dh is not to keen on me being out there with my faith not b he cares but bc his parents are very difficult and he doesn't want to deal. I know they are wrong and yet in some ways I just want to avoid the conflict. I do love and enjoy them but always become a little detached when they are here. I dear drifting from GOD bc things they say make "sense" and they are magnetic. I kind of get lost in our time together. Right now more than ever I need to have fellowship with people of like faith so I can grow stronger. I know that whenever I see my in laws my faith gets a little shaken so if anyone has a moment can u just pray for this. Thank you all!

Ps. I want to do the prayer partners. Don't want to miss out but not sure if I will even be back on here til monday. I have the password but have never done this so I there is any way someone could get me started it would be great. Xoxoxo ladies!

Lee and Erica by Jadelm, on Flickr
October 3rd, 2012, 09:04 PM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will be praying for you Erica. So what kinds of things do they say that make sense or draws you? How do they feel about an atheist son? Or does he sugar coat his non belief for them? lol

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

October 3rd, 2012, 09:18 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Praying for you Erica. Your faith is for you, there is no need to be ashamed.

Thank You tasha_mae

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search