HUGE BLESSING!! and a little prayer request

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By mamma_anna
  • 1 Post By 2Corinthians10:4

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 5th, 2012, 01:45 PM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll start with the prayer request.

Ellie just had a checkup with her orthopedic surgeon this morning. Looks like we'll be doing a 3rd round of botox/serial casting treatments starting in January. The doctor wants to do it sooner but can't get it started before mid November and I don't want to go through this over the holidays. So we will start the first week of 2013.

Most of you have prayed us through this in the past but for those of you who don't know, it's a treatment for cerebral palsy where they inject botox into the muscles that are too tight and then Ellie gets casts on her legs for a while to stretch out the muscles. She has a check up and gets a new set of casts once a week. The whole process takes 4 - 8 weeks.

We've been through this before so Ellie knows the drill but she's not a fan of it at all so she's already feeling a bit anxious. I know it's a ways away still but I'd appreciate prayers for her anxiety in the meantime.

Okay now the HUGE BLESSING!!

Ellie has been on a waiting list for a theraputic horseback riding program for over 18 months. I'd pretty much given up on getting her a spot in this program. But when we came home today there was a wonderful message on our voicemail. They have a spot for her starting in March!!! I just know that this will be such a good thing for her. And the icing on the cake is one of the volunteers there is a member of our church and she's asked specifically to work with Ellie so she'll have a familiar face around!! I can't wait and Ellie is over the moon excited!! She loves horses.

October 5th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Oh that poor girl must be tuff. I will be praying for her.

Yay yay for the riding !!! That is so great, I love love riding!!

October 7th, 2012, 06:34 AM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah for the praise! And I will definitely be praying for her and all of you. I have a niece with fairly severe cp, and a great friend with a much milder case, so I know that anything they can do to help her at a young age is a great thing! (just not easy or fun)

Psalm 139:9-10
]
October 7th, 2012, 06:45 AM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's great news that she got a spot in the horseback riding! Sounds like she'll enjoy it. I'll be praying for her and all of you through the hard times.

October 7th, 2012, 10:45 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for the riding program! That's perfect timing since the casts will be off by then, God is good I will be praying for the injection/cast process, Ellie is one tough little lady.
momie2b9-20-11 likes this.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

October 7th, 2012, 11:16 AM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awesome on the horse therapy!!

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

October 7th, 2012, 02:47 PM
jeweluv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
AWESOME in regards to the riding! My Evyn, 3.5 is very hyperactive in we believe a diagnosis of ADHD will be (she has seen a psychologist and bc I have OCD, the two are related, she is likley to have it gentically) Anyway....she is a different kid on that horse!!!

My cousin has a severe form of Cerebral Palsy. He actually has no range of motion fromk his neck down and needs a fulltime aid. He is over 30 now but he is such a happy and inspiring person!!!!!! I will pray for you your sweet Ellie!!!!!!!!! I love her name!!! Poor baby that she has to go through this but one day I bet she will be able to help others who are struggling bc she will have such a high cpacity for compassion and tolerance! Struggles and challenges are tough but sometimes I really think they bring out the best people!!!!! xoxox!!!! BLESS HER!

Lee and Erica by Jadelm, on Flickr
October 10th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Many prayers Anna for Ellie and her casting process! Hope things go well. GREAT news about getting a spot in the horse riding! That's such a blessing!
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search