Kalynn is "Mom of the Week"

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 12th, 2012, 12:38 PM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Enjoyed your story! I scrapbooked my son's baby book and may do the same with this LO.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

October 12th, 2012, 05:48 PM
jeweluv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just catching up now.....

Kids can eb so mean. so can adults. =( It sounds like you were a very perceptive kid and had to be. I'm so sorry that some of your innocence, even with just friends, was taken from you so young. It's so hard to think about children having to anticipate their parents moods and think about social status so young. This is in part why I want to homeschool too.

I think that you sounds extremely courageous and I also keep thinking that GOD BLESS that camp you went to. It's almost as if you found your nitch and was validated. I think that the fact that you became so involved in such a positive thing, so young, shows real true character!
crunchywannabe likes this.

Lee and Erica by Jadelm, on Flickr
October 12th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks so much!

I ADORE the camp, and everything that it's brought into my life, and so many other people I know feel the same way about it. There used to be camps like this all across Canada (almost every province had one) but many have had to be closed down (mostly because of funds). It's such a shame it's the most precious physical and spiritual place to me! I really want my kids to attend there, I will be budgeting accordingly, because it pretty much costs an arm and a leg (unless you are low income).

October 12th, 2012, 07:33 PM
jumping in again in regards to your wonderful love story. WOW! You two are very strong! First off, bless your husband for giving of himself in a way not many..INCLUDING ME, could ever. It takes a whole new level of bravery and courage. Also, bless you for standing by him as a strong woman! It must be so hard to have your dh taken from you physically and EMOTIONALLY at times. In the end, although there have been rough patches, which every relationship has, I think that you two showing one another a constant and a non-deviating spirit will be what makes your relationship reach eternity!! =)))))))) xoxo
mamma_anna and crunchywannabe like this.

October 12th, 2012, 07:43 PM
Oh I meant to ask how you pronounce your name...is it (Kay) (lynn) or Ka (short a) Lynn?

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

October 12th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It's Kalynn, said Kay-Lynn Funny story actually. My name was supposed to be Kendra, and when I was born my mom decided I just didn't fit the name. I was born just after lunch time, and my dad had been on a row of night shifts, and then had spent the day and night previous with my mom at the hospital, and hadn't slept in a few days by the time I was born. My mom, who's name is Lynn would suggest a name and my dad would say "ok", eventually he's say "ok Lynn"... which eventually turned into "k Lynn". My parent's swear they made up the name, but obviously there are more than a few other Kalynn, Cailyn, Kalens out there!
Countrymom4 and mamma_anna like this.

October 13th, 2012, 07:40 AM
HAHa! That IS a funny story!! I like it!

October 13th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
I have scrapbooked my little ones too...... Rogans 1st year is not done
Loved getting to know you Kalynn !!

October 13th, 2012, 07:04 PM
You sound fascinating! I loved reading all about you!! It is so interesting to hear all the details and all about your journey till' today!!!! Congrats on your preg.....your baby rasberry will be perfect! Enoy every minute of being preg, even though it can be uncomfortable and worrisome at times....it truly is the greatest gift from GOD! xoxoxoxo....

November 26th, 2012, 12:13 PM
bump for new people

November 26th, 2012, 06:16 PM
lupti's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I loved reading about your journey and your church, sounds wonderful!

Heather
BFP March 2, 12 dpo
Elias Scott and Griffin Karl here on 9/19/09!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search