Whine Fest....

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By jeweluv
  • 1 Post By Countrymom4
  • 1 Post By Buggymom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 12th, 2012, 02:12 PM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Somebody get some cheese cause I got LOTS of Whine today... Just got $5000 worth of blood work done. I have good insurance but 10% of $5000 is still more than I want to pay but oh well. I've got to go to the MFM dr. Monday (glad they got me in that quick), my regular OB Wednesday with an other ultrasound, and the Cardiologist on Thursday. So yeah...my whole life next week will be in the dr.'s office. I guess homeschool will just have to happen when it happens. I just hope I don't have 5 zillion copays and so many extremely expensive tests/procedures done that even the 10% is unaffordable.

Whine Fest Part 2

So last night I had my family over for my mom's 60th bday. My brother cooked and me and Dent made the cake. My mom was happy and gracious and had a great time. She went on and on about how beautiful my house was and how nice all of my fall decorations looked. My brother, of course, did all the cooking (I gave him money lol) and is always happy and fun to be around. THEN there's my sister and my dad. My sister walks in stone-faced and says "Whoa...look at that belly." Like...what does that mean? You think I'm huge? Whatever. And let me just say that she's the smallest I've probably ever seen her. I swear she must weigh 110 and she's 5'8. Anyway, so then immediately after that, I invite her to come to the back yard where the kids can play on the swing set and her next comment is "OMG! Your cats have DESTROYED your deck." Yeah....they've used ONE post as a scratching post. AGain....whatever. So then she asks about my dr.'s appointments and I told her they thought I had PE again and I had to go see a MFM Dr. I purposely didn't go into any detail because I didn't want to hear all of her "Im in the medical field opinions/advice." So she goes OFF on this MFM dr. She went to her 2 years ago and claimed it took FIVE HOURS for one appt., that they told her the baby showed signs of Downs, kept finding things wrong with her and the baby...etc. She told me not to "let them do amniocentesis unless I wanted my baby aborted." Then she asks why they are sending me to her if nothing is wrong with "THE FETUS." I was like....look..even people I barely know call her MOLLIE. Ugh.....It just really annoyed the crap out of me and even though I know she is an exaggerating, negative, full of it person...it still bothered me! Ok Whine FEst Part 3.....

So then there's my dad. Our family NEVER does stuff together..especially not with all three of us kids. What does my dad do the whole time? Sits in front of the stupid tv and watches football. He was the first to fix his plate....didn't let the birthday girl or maybe even..idk...his pregnant daughter go first. Rude. He always does that. Anyway....it's MY house. If the tv isn't ON when you get here....DON'T turn it on!! When they first got there, we were outside. I had JUST sat down by the fire after being up for hours working on the cake. He sits down and says "Get that flashlight..it's turned on." There was a flashlight ON the GROUND the same distance from me and from him. So instead of getting your fat butt up and getting it, you tell your pregnant daughter to get up, bend down and pick something up off the ground??? Thankfully, my brother's GF, who doesn't have any of my family's tainted blood in her veins, OFFERED to get it for me. (Not that I was going to do it anyway because I wasn't.) But then later, while my dad's in front of the tv and my sister announces that all of the meat is gone....he oFFERS her HIS. Then when she left (early) he offers to help her carry all of her stuff and help her out . WTHeck? He treats her totally different than he treats me. One time we were all at a restaurant and he offered to pay for HER and NOT me! seriously. That's just stupid and hurtful. I know her husband never shows up for ANYTHING. Last night was no different. But that's no excuse to show her special treatment. So then today my mom tells me my sister invited her up to my uncle's in the mountains next week. Whenever any of us goes up there we ALL invite each other. She never comes. But she plans her own "private" trip and doesn't invite me? I just don't get it.

Whine Fest Part 4....I finally had a chance to make it to the mall to get some $20 maternity jeans from JC Penny. I've been wearing the same pair like every day. JC Penny seems to be the only reasonably priced place anywhere near here that sells maternity. Yes, I can shop online but I have a hard enough time finding stuff that fits and looks good in PERSON. So I get there and things look different. I ask if they moved maternity somewhere else and they said they no longer sell it. I seriously felt myself tear up. UGH!! BUT....I did find a few good things at Motherhood for way more. :*( OK...Whine Fest over...maybe....

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

October 12th, 2012, 08:09 PM
jeweluv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oh, Ginger =( I wish we could literally sit and whine, "wine" and cheese for you, lol....together. GRRR...one big GRRR!!!

Okay, so being a friend...well a virtual friend. First things first, co-pays medical expenses are crazy and it is devestating that to have good health you have to have good money. I will be praying that it doesn't add up extensively and that perhaps your time in the waiting rooms next week will allow somehow for some internal peace.

Your dad. It sounds like he is afraid of his g/f in the sense that she is on a pedistal for security reasons. It's a shame and a loss on his part. And um, trying hard not to scream out loud "IT'S NOT A FETUS!" They consider a cell on another planet, if be, to be "life" and yet a beating human heart a fetus. GAG ME! Sorry. Sickening. I will share something personal so that you don't feel that whatever route you go, you are aborting your baby by choice. I had both a CVS and an amnio , one at 13 weeks and one at 16 weeks with my second dd. She is perfect so if for whatever reason you have to go that route in the future, the risk is soooooooo minimal. Sometimes I believe thoe most negative comments, especially from the people we love, stem from jealousy...even though it might be hard to beleive.

I have seen your belly via pic, thanks=), and I'm NOT JUST SAYING THIS...but you look no where near huge and you look beautiful! BTW, who says that? That is a reflection and not a good one, of who she is, at least for the moment.

Wouldn't it be nice if our fams could get over their issues and act accordingly?

BTW, my best friend is seriousely 5'8" and 115lbs....when she is preg she is all belly and I mean that! I am not....hello hips, butt, belly, and arms....lol. Two weeks after she ives birth she is a twig again...lol. I wish I carried like her and bc of that when I was shopping amternity I didn't feel like a cute preggo woman, I felt like a waddling whale! Not to mention, my cravings to eat were stronger than my desire not to and I gave in. I think in those moments we have to remember that pregnant bodies are beautiful for different reasons.

Hang in there...I'm still saying prayers for you every day. You will have your sweet Mollie and she is one lucky girl bc she has a great mommy, and lol..a great name!!! xoxoxoxoxoxo <<<<hugs>>>>>>>>>>
Countrymom4 and mamaginger like this.

Lee and Erica by Jadelm, on Flickr
October 13th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
I think you look great and that is the way a pregnant lady is to look. For your sister to imply your fat is just a hurtful thing to do. Familys are hard !! I know!! I have had to accept my father for who he is.....even if he treats people badly. It's tuff !!

Just wanted to tell you we are here for you, for support and all the prayers.
mamaginger likes this.

October 13th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't stand how much things cost for medical! It's just crazy...like you almost feel like you can't afford to go but then you have too. Ugh! Anytime you need to vent...we are all here for ya! I don't know what's up with your sister....but oh my goodness do not pay any attention to it, really...I agree, it's probably jealousy. After awhile of being let down by certain family members...you start to realize they will never change and start to accept it....all you can do is pray for them...I think we have all been there. I'm sorry to hear how hurtful they are being toward you right now when you don't need it.

mamaginger likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search