A timeline?

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 14th, 2012, 07:00 PM
jeweluv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So there is a biblical timeline and obviosuely a timeline you read in the history books. Setting pre-historic, "proposed and unproved "cave man" days asside, but keeping in mind that Native Americans undoubtedly existed, the Bronze Age, Sumerians, etc., and then other cultures such as Asian and Africa Americans that emerged, how did this all happen?

I guess what I'm asking is when did all these other cultures/denominations come into play? While CHRIST was here, were the Native Americans living in North/South America and did they know anything about him? Were there Asian and African American races yet? Did they follow him or know? If there was a flood, how did Native Americans end up where they were and howcome GOD never came to them? They worshipped the land and nature and I just wonder why they too didn't have GOD's knowledge. Obviousely when we came over we brought some of Christianity with us, but howcome they didn't experience it first hand the way the eastern world did?

Things were different in the OT...right? GOD actually showed himself and spoke to Moses and certain people? He told us that we were to kill an unblemished lamb and strike the blood over the door way during the passover. So, does that mean GOD actually spoke out loud? (I'm sure this sounds silly but I really have never been taught anything so things that seem simple are not so simple.) I know and believe CHRIST is our savior and enough along those lines but a lot of the details are still confusing to me and I am very detail oriented. Dinosoars existed and the more "pre-historic" and primal creatures existed before the flood. Once the flood occurred, what was the order of things? Why did Greece exist and have very different beliefs other than Judiasm and Christianity.

Here is a timeline I found: I know it is intense but I thought maybe if anyone had time..even in the next few weeks, that if you took a look at it, could maybe make sense to me on a more macro level. Where did the Summerians fit in? What about the age in the Mesopotamia? Were these people exposed of knowing of GOD/CHRIST or even Judiasm before CHRIST?

Lee and Erica by Jadelm, on Flickr
October 14th, 2012, 09:33 PM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can answer this over the next day or two....I don't see your timeline??

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

October 14th, 2012, 09:45 PM
jeweluv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks Ginger. No rush. . You've helped so much already. I'm on my phone now so I have to re copy and paste it from my link I have saved on my computer. I must have messed it up.

Lee and Erica by Jadelm, on Flickr
October 15th, 2012, 10:35 PM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is a huge topic! I'll try to start (even though I should go get in the BED right now!) lol

You know people lived to be in their 900s back before the Flood. This made for many, many years of having babies. There was no choice in the beginning but to marry your sister and then nieces or cousins and on down the line until God changed the rules once there were enough people. Just think how HUGE a family would become. Kids became "adults" once they were probably 10 or 12. It's not like it is now. Kids would get married, move off and build their own huts and have their own farms or whatever. They would sort of create and become their own villages. Population spread pretty rapidly. Unfortunately people just became wicked and worshipped all kinds of false idols.

So then comes the Flood. Noah was found to be somewhat righteous so God chose to restart the human race with him, his 3 sons and all of their wives. 8 people on the boat.

When they got off, things were different. They could now eat the meat of animals and not just plants. There were all kinds of new rules about who you could marry, etc. So the same thing mentioned above started all over again. Yes, the people did the same wrong things and started their own idol worshipping cultures.

At the tower of Babel, the people decided to build a tower as kind of a "shrine" to astrology and all the gods that went with that. This is when God changed all the languages and forced the people to spread out and separate. Whoever understood each other decided to live in the same community, marry and reproduce. Obviously, depending on the physical features of the different groups reproducing over and over....certain traits would become stronger (dark hair, skin, eyes, etc)

We have "Irish Travelers" here. We call them Gypsies. They live in a small community and intermarry with each other. There are literally only about 5 or 6 last names in the community of hundreds. They ALL LOOK THE SAME. They have the same skin, hair, eyes, features, language.....you can spot them a mile away.

Ok, so like my gypsies, this happened with all the other people groups spread out after Babel. This is where the different races came from.

I may have posted this before but I believe that when God created the Earth, there were not HUGE, vast oceans. The continents weren't separated. There were no uninhabitable places (Arctic, Antarctic). Etc.

God told man to "be fruitful and multiply and fill the whole earth." I don't believe he would've commanded this if man couldn't just WALK to where he needed to go. Even secular historians will tell you the Native Americans probably walked over on a land bridge from Russia.

The Flood changed the Earth. Over time the oceans became larger and continents drifted apart.

All this time, God had certain leaders he would speak to and through. His main concern at this time was his chosen people...the Hebrews. After He made the covenant with Abraham, the Jewish race began. Anyone in his lineage was circumcised and became a Jew. The rest of the world was just pagan. They were ancestors of people who continually rejected God and chose to worship idols, the earth, the sun...whatever.

It wasn't until Jesus came and was rejected by the chosen people that the rest of the pagan world was included. Jesus reached out to non -jews. He healed them and told them the gospel. After his resurrection and Pentecost (Holy Spirit came), it became the job of all disciples/believers to "go out into all the world and preach the gospel." So that's what they did and that's what we are still doing.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search