Chrystal is "Mom of the week"

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 15th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
I thought I would start this Anna, before I get running today.

October 15th, 2012, 09:44 AM
I was born in Alberta, but my parents bought our family farm by my grandparents when I was 2. My father was an alcoholic, I don't remember much of this time. He when from an alcoholic to a hard core christian. I remember sitting in the car for hours while dad was out witnessing.

I went to a rural public school(our only school choice) There was120ish kids from k-12. I started school as being the ONLY one in k. later on a couple kids joined me. For the most part school was fine, until I started getting into the grades 7/8. The 5 girls in my age range from grade 6-9 started becomming more mean. I left this school and went to the high school in the city. I liked it there there was so many more choices for friends and the classes were by far better. With the bigger school came alot more temptations. I started to party more, and this did lead me down some winding roads.

I was involved in volleyball and track in the smalll school but the city school was to far to be involved in extra stuff. I did alot of riding at this time and patried at the rodeos. During this time my father had seen religion and was some what burnt out. So the church side was put on the back burner and we did not attend church often. My older sister was into alot of trouble at this time also, hanging with a bad crowd and getting involved with the police was a common thing.

During my senior years of school my sister had started to get straightened out and started dating the man that would be her husband later in life. She became pregnant and stayed with Jason until Shyla(the baby)was 6 months.She them moved to a town 1 hr from my school. My sister was struggling with finances and she liked to party at this time. I moved in with her and took care of my niece, I often missed school. This went on for a while we then moved together to the city for more job opportunity. My sister then started dating the old boyfriend again. I did not like this, it did not work before so why now. I got mad and moved out, I still spend alot of time with my niece. My sister soon became pregnant again and they decided to get married. That ended in divorse a couple years later.

October 15th, 2012, 10:02 AM
My father was still farming, a neigbour had a hired hand from out of town that my father really wanted me to take him out to meet people. I said "NO WAY" anyone my father wanted me to date had to be bad !! this went on for a year. Finally I took him out and we started dating. We never told anyone else....we are just friends this went on for a bit, we then moved in together when I was 19 with the neighbour where he worked. We then moved to where DH was from, I did not like it there at all the only one left in the town our age was total dead beats so we moved back to the city for a couple months and Dh went and worked for the neigbour again. On our 1 yr dating anniversary we bought our farm together. His parents were not to happy about that.

My parents and I went through a hard time here. We had many arguments but this one left us not talking for 1 year. We lived only 10 mins away but never seen or talked. My father and I never seen eye to eye. I didliked him growing up she was controlling and verbal abusive. I loved my mother and could never understand why she stayed. My father was fun when he wanted to be...we always were traveling. We would come home from school and we were told to pack our bags, we are going some where.

At our 2nd yr anniversary of dating DH and i got engaged. I called my parents because I was excited. I thought this could break our non talking. It ended badly and left me crying on my engagment night hurt.

October 15th, 2012, 10:11 AM
During this time we meet some or our best friends. The 50th anniversary we went to this weekend were some of there people. They took DH and added him to their family, we went to their christmas's and events. DH parents were 2 1/2 hrs away and very involved in his sisters life(she was younger than him). And my parents were still not talking to us. These friends would be found getting our water running to the house(we struggled alot on the farm) when DH and I were at work.

I had many jobs, I was in a sewing factory making cloths, a grain elevator and a natural gas company. DH was a mechanic and we ran the farm. We did not have alot of money, one winter some friends and their 4 children and us would be found cutting wood every weekend for our heat to the week. Oh my tears come to my eye thinking haw much these people did for us.

DH had our ups and downs during this time, I had be dishoned from my parents and we had little money. This made for alot of fighting.

We had a head on collision with each other on our lane. We had a large hill that you could not see very well. That night we had a 1/2 mile walk to the house together, and we became closer and appreciated each other more. Once again friends came to help us when the next morning we had to go to work in different directions and NO vehicles.

October 15th, 2012, 10:16 AM
When moving to the farm there was a well, some corrals a barn and a rundown house that was hit by a tornado. The basement was good , so DH and I bought a mobile home and moved it on. DH father had farmed but had been renting the land out. So they brought all the machines he had left to our house. We now had a old tractor that was worth gold to us. We pulled the old house in with that tractor. We had alot of work and Dh, his parents when they cold help and friends did it.

October 15th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
TFS Chrystal! Glad to hear your background a little more. Sounds like a rough childhood but glad that you've pulled through and are where you are now!

Do you have a relationship with your parents now?

Do you still own that farm now? How's it doing if so?
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6
October 15th, 2012, 03:20 PM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you know exactly what your parent's problem was with your relationship?

Its funny that you and Kalynn both had parent issues about your relationship but me and all my family drama...my parents LOVED Matt! haha

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

October 15th, 2012, 06:59 PM
jeweluv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
omg....dying to read your story....dh is bigging me to watch a program that we tvo so have to do that but will be back on to dive in. =) Hope you're having a good day!!

Lee and Erica by Jadelm, on Flickr
October 16th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momie2b9-20-11 View Post
TFS Chrystal! Glad to hear your background a little more. Sounds like a rough childhood but glad that you've pulled through and are where you are now!

Do you have a relationship with your parents now? yes it is better

Do you still own that farm now? How's it doing if so?
yes !! 14 years later

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaginger View Post
Do you know exactly what your parent's problem was with your relationship?

Its funny that you and Kalynn both had parent issues about your relationship but me and all my family drama...my parents LOVED Matt! haha
The big disagreement we had was about something I can not even remember I was something on the lines of us being ungratful or something. My father and DH get along good, my father tends to change is mind on deals and things.

October 16th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Ok so today is about DH
Dh is a very stubborn person. He did not like alot of his teachers or school. People telling him what to do....never. So he quit high school. We did not meet until we were 18 though.

Kyle loves farming and has a dream of where he wants it to go. We are getting closer to his numbers he would like. This year we will have around 2000 cattle.

Dh's parents went to church when the kids were old enough to go to sunday school, then stop going when the kids were done so that kind of tells you where their faith is. We started church together again after marriage. And now Dh is growing in his faith.
jeweluv likes this.

October 16th, 2012, 07:44 AM
As we were planing a wedding with my mother in law running the show I started to get frusterated. We had the hall booked everything was printed.....then DH and I decided we would get married in 2 weeks on a wednesday night. The anniversary of us buying the farm, us dating, us engaged. So we lined it up witht the pastor marrying us. He lived on a farm a couple miles away from us. He had a church there where they had cowboy church. His daughters cooked our meal...it was a great plan. We told no one, where did we draw the line as to who comes. DH had is younger sister stand up for him and I had my younger brother stand up for me. My nieces were my flower grils. We did tell our immediate family 1 week before and told them if they wanted to come. We could not get out of the rent for the hall so we did have a dance when we were suppost to get married My parents did come to the wedding. This started a new relationship for us.

My job at the grain elevator was cut, so I had no job. My father and I were talking and he had a plan, just needed the help. So off we went on a new adventure together. We started a organic grain elevator. it has moved from the basement into a elevator and now into many elevators. We had alot of conflict in the whole process but we did learn to respect each other as business partners. It is just this last year that I have started to back out of the company.

October 16th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How long have you been married?

How many guests were at your wedding?

What did you wear?

October 16th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Farm life....haha I always wonder about the people behind the cattle fields I pass on road trips.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

October 16th, 2012, 06:40 PM
My fav horse Riley, I broke him from a baby

Here is our wedding pictures with my family

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchywannabe View Post
How long have you been married? 12 years

How many guests were at your wedding? 15

What did you wear?
I had my wedding NoN dress I wore the top of a wedding dress and white jeans

October 17th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Kyle and I never really talked about kids before marrage. Finally I felt the need for children so we started trying. 1 1/2 years later I became pregnant. We were starting to worry we would not have children. 2 months into the pregnancy things were not right, the pregnancy was ternimated due to a ectopic pregnancy.

1/2 year later i had signs of pregnancy, the doctors were unsure if I was..they thought it was a false sign from the pregnancy before. We were indead expecting, we had no idea of the dates but we knew when were were active after the surgery. The due date was Sept 4th then changed to the 9th. We were in the middle of moving a house on the farm and praying to be ready for the baby. Teagan decided to come early and was born July 28th(on her cousins b-day, my sister and I are born on the same day 3yrs apart and our daughters are born on the same day 5yrs apart). So we spent a couple weeks in NICU

We were trying for baby #2 for a year and started tot hink it was not in our plans to have children.So we got a small DOG soon after I became pregnant with # 2. this pregnancy went forever, she was a term baby. It seemed like 10 times longer This baby was born fast 3hrs 1st contaction to baby.

We were happy with our 2 girls, I talk DH in trying for another.It took so long every other time we thought it just might not happen. Very fast we we soon to be parnets again. our 1st boy !! He was due on DD#1 birthday, but came a little early July 23rd. In a record 2hr start to finish labor.

God had a plan for us and little Roggy was soon after, a surprise for us all. Being the littlest he was already in a hurry to keep up and was born in 1 hr.

So who know what the Lord has planned for us. We had no plans for children and have been blessed with 4 !

God had a
jeweluv likes this.

October 17th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
WOW!!!! I pray my labours are like yours! (well maybe + 1 hour, as we are at least an hour from the hospital!)

How did you decide on names for your kiddos?
What do you consider your parenting style? (strict, laid back, somewhere in the middle?)
How has Dh changed since being a dad?
What was the hardest transition? (1-2, 2-3, 3-4)?

October 17th, 2012, 03:36 PM
wow that's amazing that you struggled so much and ended up with four!! What a blessing! I know that ectopic must have been really hard. Love the pics!

October 17th, 2012, 06:34 PM
jeweluv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
WOW, countrymom!! Amazing!! It sounds like you have really built yourself from the ground up and that takes a lot of strength and determination. You really are self made and that is so respectable! Although you struggled in various ways, it clearly has made you so appreciative for what you have!

I admire your risk taking!!! Do you mind me asking if you were using any protection with your surprise baby? You certainly deliver quick....AMEN! lol!!!

Although the road has been bumpy, it sounds as if you make your own paths in life! GOD BLESS!! =))))

Lee and Erica by Jadelm, on Flickr
October 17th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchywannabe View Post
WOW!!!! I pray my labours are like yours! (well maybe + 1 hour, as we are at least an hour from the hospital!)

How did you decide on names for your kiddos?
What do you consider your parenting style? (strict, laid back, somewhere in the middle?)
How has Dh changed since being a dad?
What was the hardest transition? (1-2, 2-3, 3-4)?

We had a hard time with names their 1st names are just names we like. Their middle names have family meaning. Teagan Grace - DH Grandmother
Kyren Drew- grandparents D-dave, R - Ron, E- Elaine, W- Wendy
Cohen Kyle - DH
Rogan John - DH and my grandfather

Parenting is somewhere in the middle

Being a dad he has learned more patience, he loves teaching them farming.

Hardest was 2-3 you have 2 hands and they are now used and out numbered. 3-4 you are used to being out numbered

October 17th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweluv View Post
I admire your risk taking!!! Do you mind me asking if you were using any protection with your surprise baby? You certainly deliver quick....AMEN! lol!!!
Yes I was on the pill when i got pregnant with Rogan

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search