High Risk Dr. Update

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 15th, 2012, 09:31 PM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well my High Risk Dr's appt was a 3 1/2 hour event today. The u/s was longer and more detailed but I didn't really get to see it because of their machine. It's right beside your head but not facing you. I tried craning my neck for a while but then gave up. I did get some good pics. I'll post them. Everything is good with Mollie. She weighs 2 lbs 7 oz now. All measurements, heart beat and fluid were good. Dr. Ware looked at the same blood test results from my regular OB and said some thyroid level was low (T4?) Idk why my dr. said it looked fine. So she's retesting the thyroid stuff. (Thinking I could have hypothyroid). She gave me a RX Vitamin D because she said new studies show it can help with Preeclampsia. Other than that, I basically just have to wait again for more test results. I still don't know results from my last set of urine and blood tests. I should know a lot more by the end of the week. I see my reg OB wednesday, cardiologist Thursday and go back to high risk in 2 weeks.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

October 16th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
That a good revew !! Keep resting Ginger

October 16th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad things are doing well with baby Mollie! ADORABLE u/s Pic Praying that things keep going well
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

October 16th, 2012, 03:35 PM
They called back today and said I have to start Synthroid for Hypothyroidism. She also said my Hemoglobin was a little low so I'm going to attempt yet another multivitamin and hope I don't break out in a rash again.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

October 17th, 2012, 07:37 PM
jeweluv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so glad to hear little Miss Mollie girl is doing great!! It sounds like you are too and all those symptoms you were experiencing would be compatible with a thyroid issue which although, still an issue, is so easily treatable!! You're hanging in and I'm praying for you! Just keep your eyes on the prize.....your sweet beautiful baby girl!

Lee and Erica by Jadelm, on Flickr
October 23rd, 2012, 01:44 PM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just adding my prayers for you and miss Mollie. Anything new? How are you feeling today?

October 23rd, 2012, 02:57 PM
At this exact moment I'm feeling a little exhausted but that's mainly because we had CC today (homeschool group) and then I worked so I've been gone all day and my legs/feet are swollen. Last week was so crazy with all the appointments I spent the weekend trying to get caught up on the house and stuff so I wore myself out Saturday too. Overall, I am feeling better in general though. I'm trying to pay more attention to exactly when my heart starts racing and I've almost decided that I may be a little dehydrated in the mornings and that's what's causing it. I go all night without drinking anything and then wake up and have decaf coffee and milk and usually just after breakfast is when I'll start feeling it. I realized this just over the weekend. So I'm trying to drink water first thing in the morning and see if that helps.

I see my regular OB this Thursday to have my BP/weight/pulse/baby's heartbeat checked and find out the rest of my blood test results for Thrombophilia. I'm almost hoping one of the results is positive so I don't end up paying hundreds of dollars just to find out it's all normal! LOL I know I probably shouldn't hope for that though. haha

I know I posted in my DDC but I don't think I posted here.....I totally fired my cardiologist. LOL I didn't really like him or his nurse. They didn't even have their regular functioning EKG when I went because someone broke it. They pulled out some ancient EKG to "try out" on me. The nurse was rude/crass and called my baby "a leech" several times. They wanted me to go on a 30 day heart monitor but it was messed up and the electrodes broke me out like crazy. It's almost been a week now and I can't find anything to make the rashes go away. So I called the heart monitor company and told them I was sending everything back and not to charge my insurance. I also called and cancelled any follow up appts with the cardiologist. I really think between my OB and the High Risk Dr, I'll be taken care of. If my heart becomes more of an issue then I'll either ask to go to someone else or even just go see my PCP.

Thanks for asking

October 23rd, 2012, 03:10 PM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't believe she called Mollie "a leech"! Sorry the EKG stuff has been such a mess. I think if I were you I'd be doing the same thing.
Praying that drinking more water will help you.

October 23rd, 2012, 07:16 PM
jeweluv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG...shame on her and for saying that about sweet Mollie!!!!!!! Was she referring to her or your son? Either way...shame on her!

I think you are doing great and it seems like between you and GOD, everything will go according to!

Been thinking of you and praying...xoxoxo <3!!

Lee and Erica by Jadelm, on Flickr
October 24th, 2012, 07:24 AM
She was talking about Mollie. I mean, I understand what she was saying.....a baby does literally "suck" the nutrients from you and cause all kinds of unpleasant symptoms but sheesh....ok, say it once, haha....say it five times and I want to slap you!

October 24th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Since I'm sorta new here, could you catch me up on why you're having these extra appointments? Glad that you're getting looked after
October 24th, 2012, 11:00 AM
I have a history of Preeclampsia and infertility. I had very high protein levels in my urine, which is one of the main symptoms of preeclampsia. I also had been having episodes of my heart racing and feeling really weak/short of breath. BP has been normal so far but that is one of the biggest concerns. I was in the hospital 9 days and had to be induced at 36 weeks with my first child.

October 25th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Scary! I'm glad to see your ticker at almost 28 then and that your bp has been normal. Hope the next few months go smoothly.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search