Going to God first

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2006, 06:49 PM
CeiCei's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to CeiCei Send a message via MSN to CeiCei Send a message via Yahoo to CeiCei
Today in my New Members class we discussed the point that we tend to go to friends and others for help before we go to God. As christians how many of us find ourselves doing just this thing?

My Three Princes: Cordell (23 y/o), Ernest (5 y/o), Robert (4 y/o)

July 23rd, 2006, 10:28 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
it is really hard to start out going to God first... I have been a Christian for 13 years and still tend to try to solve problems myself then go to God. It is something I believe most Christians struggle with....

Just remember that God is always there for you. He will not let you down like people can and will!

July 24th, 2006, 11:00 AM
diznynurse's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I always go to friends first. I haVe just recently started going to church again after many, many, many years. I have been struggling with alot of things in my household and am hoping to find resolution by going to God (church). In fact I went to church Sunday (when I wasn't going to becuase I had alot to do at home) because I was having difficulties at home, and I left home thinking I really need to go to church today in hopes of finding strength to deal with some home issues. It did help some.

</div>

pregnant after 2 years ttc!!!!!

July 24th, 2006, 01:28 PM
DreamChaser's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree I think this is something we all struggle with - no matter how long we have been Christians (our culture after all celebrates self-sufficiency). The great thing is God is always there when we are ready to turn it over to Him. Sometimes I think He sits there shakes His head, laughs to himself and says I am waiting...
July 24th, 2006, 03:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I struggle with this too.

Or, I am fine with small stuff and don't go to God untill I know I can't solve it myself (if you get my contradiction).
July 25th, 2006, 05:38 AM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
I think it takes a lot of trust to be able to go to God first.

When I am in a situation, the first person I call is my Mom or my husband, whoever is available first!! lol And usually, after I have ranted or cried or whatever the case provokes, either of them will tell me to get on my knees and pray and ask God for help.

I am guilty!!

July 31st, 2006, 05:54 PM
Veteran
I'm guilty too!
I agree that it's hard to go to him first or to bring everything to God. It's just been lately that I've really allowed him control over things, I'm a very anxious person and I just worry about everything constantly and need to feel like I have things planned out and in control. I found lately that by just praying and placing things in his hands and saying "yes Lord you are in control and I know that things will work out to your will" and allowing it to be His will and not mine has just been a huge blessing for me lately, things in my life have been really coming together and though it's not all roses, I know that everything will be fine because he's in control!

August 4th, 2006, 08:24 AM
mkgirl4u's Avatar Super Mommy
I go to friends a lot first. But I'm getting better about that. I guess because as I get older and grow in the Lord, I've realized that when I go to friends, really it's not for prayer or compassion. If I'm upset about something, I want them to jump on my band-wagon too, then in the end, I'm not the only person that's mad, it's them too.

I need to learn to go to God first in EVERYTHING, He is the only one that can answer my prayers anyway!!

<div align="center"></div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search