Introduction for new members...

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2006, 06:56 PM
CeiCei's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to CeiCei Send a message via MSN to CeiCei Send a message via Yahoo to CeiCei
Today I attended "New Members Class" and will continue to do so every 4th Sunday of every month until I have been complete information regarding the church and the faith. We have discussed the purpose of the faith, the history, motto, mission, creed, doxology and articles of faith. With this in mind I was just wondering how many of you have attended classes like this or does your church offer this to new members. Personally, I am very impressed and pleased that it's offered to me. Gives me a much better understanding of things.

My Three Princes: Cordell (23 y/o), Ernest (5 y/o), Robert (4 y/o)

July 23rd, 2006, 07:15 PM
DreamChaser's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
(you are probably laughing since you responded to my post hehe)

Our current church offers what they call a basic's class each month after church - it offers anyone who is new to the church the opportunity to learn more about the basics of the Christian faith and about what our church believe's (similar to what I think you have, but packed into one two hour class). They used to offer a Sunday School class for newcomers, but I think everyone bonded in there it quickly turned away from it's original purpose and became a regular class.

Personally I think they are a great idea - the church DH and I are thinking of checking out offers something similar as well.
July 23rd, 2006, 07:24 PM
CeiCei's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to CeiCei Send a message via MSN to CeiCei Send a message via Yahoo to CeiCei
actually, I am laughing but mostly because it seems we are following each other around from board to board...LOL..but I so love ya!

My Three Princes: Cordell (23 y/o), Ernest (5 y/o), Robert (4 y/o)

July 23rd, 2006, 10:26 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
well, we don't have a new members class, but we do have a discipleship class that you can take. It goes through all of the doctrines and the main points of salvation,being baptized, living in the "world" and the rapture and judgement of Jesus...

after being a member there for over 2 years, I just recently finished up this class

July 24th, 2006, 02:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
no such thing in our church. We live in a small rural community so there really aren't very new people coming in very often (unfortunately). I think though, if people were wanting to know more, they could set up one on one meetings with our pastor.
It would be pretty cool if we were needing classes like that!!
July 25th, 2006, 05:40 AM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
Our church has new member classes, altho I have never attended one because I always transferred my membership - but we do have to stand at the front of the church and get welcomed into the membership by the pastor and deacons in front of the whole congregation.

August 3rd, 2006, 08:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to JessicaPalmi Send a message via Yahoo to JessicaPalmi
Our church offers a class like this too. We feel strongly that it is important to plant yourself into a church and submit yourself to a teacher rather than just blowing in the wind. So when we give the class we are putting out there exactly where the congregation stands and so forth, that way a person can decide. Then we have a small ceremony the sunday after the finish of the class and welcome the people who decided to become members.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search