Weather and GOD?

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By crunchywannabe

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 5th, 2012, 09:55 AM
jeweluv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you think there have been more storms/natural disasters or do you think that because of the media and our ability to communicate throughout the world, that it only appears this way?

After this awful hurricane, a small earthquake in NJ this morning, and a Northeastern headed for Wed to us, I'm starting to feel like GOD is mad at the North east. I know this makes no sense but then I wonder is this the beginning of the turmoil that comes before the rapture/tribulations? I'm sure this extreme weather is just another symptom of our sinful world and I know that CHRIST coming back is a good thing but I worry that in the meantime, I could lose my children to something tragic and the odds of that happening are greater if we are in fact coming to these "days." It's been a long week....steroids not helping the anxiety either.

Thinking and praying for all of you!! xoxo

Lee and Erica by Jadelm, on Flickr
November 5th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I do believe that there is more extreme weather now that in past history, but I also believe that the damage we've cause to the environment is causing global warming/extreme weather events. I do not believe that God is using this weather to 'strike down' the evil. I think that it has a lot more to do with pollution and how badly we treat the environment.

I get very upset when people say God used the earthquake in Haiti to 'punish' the evil..... There were many amazing Christians doing great things that were killed in that earthquake. What does that message say to their families? Same thing when dealing with the east coast. Yes the weather really sucks, but if you look at the geographical location, it makes sense that it would be hit with these disasters instead of other places because of things like the coast line, fault lines, proximity to the tropics etc.

There are a lot of things that 'signal the end times' but when you start looking for them you see them everywhere. And people have been for centuries. And they've been SURE of it! The Bible also says that NOBODY will know the day of Christ's return. I believe that. So I don't spend my time worrying about will that be tomorrow.. and instead just try to live each day knowing that when judgement comes today is what counts.
jeweluv likes this.

November 5th, 2012, 11:33 AM
jeweluv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you...I needed to be grounded. =) xoxo

Lee and Erica by Jadelm, on Flickr
November 5th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think it's easy to get overwhelmed and honestly I get scared when I think about end times. Revelations is one of the hardest books of the Bible for me to read because I don't want to think of horrible things happening, and even missing out on the future things I dream of (watching my kids grow and myself growing old and retiring) My husband often compares the symbolism to modern society, and while he may be right... that is DH's interpretation. It makes me uncomfortable. He may be right, but he may not be, I don't have the answer to that.

However I decided that there is very little I can do about it. Focusing on it doesn't make me feel any better, or solve any problems, so I resolve to live the best life I can each day and pray that God allows me to fulfil my earthly desires, knowing that his plan is far superior to anything I can come up with.

November 12th, 2012, 08:13 PM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Idk if there are more storms now in comparison to years ago...it seems like there are but idk. The Bible says it rains on the just and the unjust. I do believe there are examples in the Bible of places that suffered famine because of their sinfulness but that doesn't mean every famine is for that reason. The whole earth groans in pain from what sin did to it. It brought thorns and thistles, storms and turmoil...the rain will fall on all of us at times and the sun will shine on all of us at times. When people say it is "the last days" I believe this refers to any time after Jesus. As soon as the Messiah came, they started calling it "the last days.". It won't be the true end of time until several prophecies are fulfilled. It won't happen suddenly either. We who know the Bible will see the signs and prophecies fulfilled and then we'll know the season of his return. Jesus did say we would know the season...just not the day or hour. It will be sudden to the unbeliever however...they won't be watching and waiting like we will.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search