Baby Shower! ( PICS!!!) 30 wk appt

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jeweluv

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2012, 12:41 PM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had my shower Sunday and OMG....it was awesome and we got SO much stuff!!! In addition to the gifts, we got $320 worth of cash and gift cards! There are at least 5 or 6 people who have contacted me that they were unable to make it to the shower but have gifts for me this Sunday!! Whoop!

Today I went to Babys R Us because I had gift cards and OMG.....I have to say,...they have WAY MORE than Buy Buy Baby. I had $50 and ended up spending $100 but could have spent $100 more! I was actually impressed with them. About 5 different people asked to help me and they even let me use my BBB coupons there. I will def be going back. They just had stuff that BBB doesn't even carry. I never saw travel wipe cases, cloth diaper/burp cloths, lap pads (for on top of the changing pad), etc....and where BBB may have had one or two of something, BRUS had 10 different kinds of the same thing to choose from. I could spend $1000 in there easy!

Anyway....I also had my 30 wk appt today and my dr. seemed shocked at how well I'm doing now. No abnormal protein (it was 430 mg three weeks ago) and my BP was great. I don't have a lot of swelling (unless I'm up all day or something). I've gained 30 lbs, which I'm not thrilled about but I gained 50 last time. Hopefully, I won't gain 20 more! Heartbeat and movement was good. I go back to High risk next week and then off Thanksgiving week.....and back the next. Oh...and my huge Thrombophilia blood panel came back normal. Not happy about paying hundreds of dollars for "no reason" but oh well...I guess it had to be done.

Ok...here come the pics!

Cake made by one of the college girls at church who I use to teach when she was in middle school!

AWESOME food:

SOME of the gifts.....they kept coming after I took this pic:

Wreath my friend Michelle made for me!! Love it!!

My awesome friends who threw the shower:

Me, chowing down:

Opening gifts! (Denton helped me)

My aunt Lisa (who did my u/s and told us it was a girl), my mom, me, my sister

Ok....a few more on the next post....

oops i forgot to resize them...oh well....

Here's a pic of my SIL and her twin! (SIL is on the left) Everyone was calling them "The Double Mint Twins" LOL

Car loaded up (and this was with the gifts all consolidated and packed into as few bags as possible:

Gifts laid out in the nursery:

Somebody made a whole basket full of these: "Here She Is"

Ok....a few fav gifts I had to post:

Last one...Future Big Brother, Denton and his "twin" cousin, Taylor (SIL's daughter) They were born 2 weeks apart

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

November 8th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow!! Looks like you got lots of gifts!! And, looks like so much fun. You look great BTW!! I wish I looked that good at 30 wks That's great that you have such wonderful friends to do that for you!!
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6
November 8th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Veteran
Wow, you are incredibly blessed!
November 8th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Thank you! I feel like I look shiny and swollen! Haha

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

November 8th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Just typed a message and lost it .

You look great Ginger, It looks like you got alot of usefull gifts !! What did you buy with your gift cards ? Did you get a mountain of blankets ?I always was given blankets as a gift after 4 children thats alot of blankets

I love the snowflake, That is so cute.

Thank You tasha_mae

November 8th, 2012, 05:09 PM
I actually didn't get a lot of blankets....only 3...and one pack of receiving blankets! Crazy as it may seem, I really still needed tons of stuff. Most of what I got was clothes, cutesie stuff and bath stuff. With the money/cards I got all of the health and safety items (Tylenol, thermometer, brush/comb, vapor rub, etc). I also got some bibs (didn't get any except a couple that came with certain outfits), more receiving blankets, a baby book, a white noise machine, a couple extra crib sheets, bassinet sheets, pack n play sheet, waterproof pads for on top of the changing pad, car seat head positioner, burp cloths (only had three and they were pretty ones...not really absorbent), a travel wipe case....I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff. what's bad is I could totally go spend about $500 more RIGHT now!!

November 8th, 2012, 07:14 PM
jeweluv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG, GINGER.....THAT IS MUSIC TO MY EARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BTW, you look DROP DEAD'....hello, pretty preggo lady on the loose!!!!! I'm so happy for you....I've been praying for you....soon you will meet litttle miss Mollie!!! I have always loved BBRUS too....I am just estatic for you!!! xoxoxoxox
mamaginger likes this.

Lee and Erica by Jadelm, on Flickr
November 8th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
WOW!!! What a blessing! I LOVE that wreath! and what a haul!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search