Old Testament stories and "How do we know which form of Christianity has it right?"

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 14th, 2012, 06:28 PM
jeweluv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Obviousely all sects of Christians believe that JESUS was the LORD/our messiah. The disputes lie in what it means to be saved, how to get to Heaven, and the rules and literal vs not literal interprestations of the bible.

Some say that the central and most important aspect is obviosuely your relationship with the LORD...which I agree. I wonder though, that when some say the stories in the OT were written not necessarily by Moses and were passed down, (I went to the library recently and confused myself reading all sorts of books) .....that although GOD gave us his WORD, how do we know he wasn't trying to just explain things to us through a picture or way we could understand it? It's hard when people say that (the guy who got swallowed by the whale in the OT) are kind of crazy. (my husband being one) I believe in GOD and things beyond us so to me, outrageous things happening is not so far fetched...it's simply divine.

All Christians swear they have it correct.......but how do we/I know what is right? I have found my way in and out of a very liberal Catholic church that made some interesting points..although it didn't stick....and now I have been saved and feel very close to the LORD on good days =).....however, being bombarded by so many people and even literature that says that there simply is no way the earth could be this young and or that the legitimacy of the Old Testament in particular, is ify.

Most people differ on whether or not the New Testament is reliable but I have studied it a lot and really feel it has been proven to be legit through ways that other historical documents are analyzed. (Thanks you Gregory Boyd for explaining this in your book) The OT, bc before actual writing by the Sumerians right?......is a little harder to proove? Are my wrong?

Lee and Erica by Jadelm, on Flickr

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search