o/t but need suggestions

Forum: Christian Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Christian Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 18th, 2012, 12:50 PM
babygreenes.mommy
my church is having a "hanging of the greens" event the beginning of december, and those who are participating are encouraged to bring something for the dinner that will be that same night. basically, they're looking for finger foods. my husband and i have been struggling financially, and he just got a new job so ik we can bring something, but i'm looking for suggestions on what to bring. they suggested pre-cut sandwiches for 20 people so the information...i'm just looking for something cheaper than ordering through catering somewhere.
November 18th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Make egg salad sandwichs, canned ham(mix with mayo pickles or relish), or cook a chicken and chunk some pieces for a chicken salad and feed your family at the same time.

November 18th, 2012, 10:18 PM
mamaginger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So are you looking for alternatives to sandwiches or are you asking for suggestions on what kind of sandwiches?

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16

November 19th, 2012, 04:56 AM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree that jut making some inexpensive sandwiches at home is what I would do. My church often does finger food like that for things and many people just bring sandwiches cut into halves or quarters. Cut them into pretty triangles and you are good.

Psalm 139:9-10
]
November 19th, 2012, 05:16 AM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If you want an alternative to sandwiches you could do bagels w/bagel dip.

November 19th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Veteran
Ham (canned and drained tuna for sub), cheese and bell peppers (optional) spring roll with mayo/ketchup/mustard dip.
November 19th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
If you are looking for something cheaper and can't possibly afford all the makings for sandwiches try deviled eggs (hard boil eggs, then take the yoke out off all eggs and mix with mayo, mustard, relish(if you like) and season to your liking). I love when people bring deviled eggs to our church's finger food gatherings and I realized that they are always gone at the end of the night. If every family in your church brings enough for 20 people you'll end up with tons of sandwiches so if you do something different it may be nice. Yet, if you feel like you want sandwiches I sometimes will do a baked sandwich and put on deli ham or turkey on nice french bread and layer with 2 types of cheese between the meat and heat - soo yummy to have a melted sandwich! Oh, and I love ranch so I often use ranch instead of mayo on sandwiches.
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search